AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Can someone please seed this or make it available from a download site? Thanks.

Nevermind, my bad I had to open the ports on my router!

On another note, does anyone who is using this update have Sirius? I use it frequently and I saw that someone encountered an issue with the volume changing the channels instead of the volume, was just curious if anyone else experienced this?

Can someone please seed this or make it available from a download site? Thanks.

+1, I'm waiting in the queue for this one for over 12 hours holding my fingers crossed that the good samaritan hosting it won't shut down his computer. Sending it to one of rapidshare, hotfile, depositfiles, cramit etc. would take care of it once and for all.

Nevermind, found it by searching for "FX3.1.RAR" with the quotes.

I downloaded this I don't even remember how many months ago, close to when it was first released. Has there been any changes to it at all? I've seen people talking about newer maps, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Hi everyone! Im new to the site and am trying to install the FX3.1 firmware to my avic f700bt unit. I got as far as copying the files from the sd card the unit but i think i did something wrong. After the update i pressed the reset button for 5 seconds. It reset. The pioneer logo came up. I figure it was loading. It flickered about 4 times and then the screen went blank. Normal i thought until 25 minutes later it was stil blank. Can anyone help please!

Do I want Navteq or Teleatlas, and can I simply put them onto an SD card and replace the existing ones or do I have to download the whole FX3.1 image again?

The Teleatlas ones. You should be able just to replace the contents of the existing folders. You'll probably have to delete some stuff. I found the 2010 files to be a lot larger and had to get rid of mexico, canada, hawaii, alaska and some other states I'll never see.

I was trying to upgrade and flash my f700bt to the fx3.1 version thats on this site. I followed the instructions. After finishing the install, i did a restart, and instead of seeing a black screen after the "system starting" screen, the system starting screen now loops over and over. I reverted back to the original and tried to reinstall it again but i got the same results. I can still get to the test mode screen. I'm just lost on what to do now. Any help or advice would be appreciated

I have the same problem with my f700bt. Have know idea wat went wrong. Hope someone responds soon. i hvae nnnooo music right now in my car!

Okay so what I've done is simple, I took what I considered to be the basic mods that would be appealing to almost everyone, without drastically changing the look and feel of the system.

This download contains:

Windows CE firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

Download: <!-- m -->http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5546342<!-- m -->

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

FAQ:

How do I extract this rar thing?

<!-- m -->http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm<!-- m -->

In test mode it says there isn't enough space to copy the files, how come?

This means you didn't select the SD format option in step 4, select everything on the "flash disk" and delete it, then copy your new files over

How do I know if my download completed properly?

The reason I stored everything in the RAR is because Winrar checks to make sure the download is perfect, if it didn't download properly, you would receive an error when extracting.

My unit just keeps booting to test mode?

Take your SD card out and then reset.

Why did my unit take so long to start the first 2 times?

That is normal, all the software is adapting to your AVIC

Hi Retell. I have a question. Im getting an error message at then of the transfer (copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive"[/b] Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit.) It says "cannot copy AYGSHELL.DLL ERROR CODE 50". It happens right at the end of the download. could this be y the screen just goes black after the pioneer screen? Please help!!!

Thank you so much for this!

I finally got my headunit (F900BT) unbricked, but it kept saying 'System loading, please wait'.. This was due to another post where I downloaded 3.0 and the rar files were corrupt.

Once installing this firmware I have finally got a headunit i can use!!

My iphone 4 doesnt seem to want to connect to it for handsfree, and as I am from the UK i need to download the EU maps, but im happy as Larry atm, as I have a headunit that plays music!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for getting me through this, just shows that if you really work on it, your fix it.. Iv spend about 3 days straight but its finally fixed =]

I have a rapidshare and a mega upload account which I may upload some stuff to, which people find hard do download...