AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Ok, I have followed the directions, and am getting stuck. I have attempted this 3 times so far with no luck.

I manage to get to the Program Language and TTS Language selection, but then the system reboots after choosing Samantha, then it keeps on stopping and freezing at the Pioneer start-up screen. I have reformatted 3 times, and have even tried FormatMBR trying to fix this. Any advice?

Yeah, I know but can't you break the files into 4 seperate files and I can put them back together? We can call it the Humpty Dumpty email! (sorry, cheesy)

And you cannot download via torrent??? I know mine is set to seed this right now.

Wow! Sorry about that! I found out my issue! It's now seeding! Thanks!

Ok, using some tech skills and trolling the forums, I managed to get it working again. I needed to rewrite my NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.IMG, and then run the format and copy the files. Nice work on the build, my deck now responds faster than ever.

I love avic411.com

I too am Seeding this for everyone.

Hello,

I've been lurking for awhile and finally registered as a user. First off, thanks to Retell and everyone for their help and posting this update. I tried to do this update as described in the instructions on the first page and got as far as reseting the unit after pulling the sd card out and setting the language etc... the problem i am encountering is that the unit after pushing the reset for 5 seconds won't boot past the pioneer welcome screen. I have tried to reflash or redo the update but the same problem exists. any suggestions? Thank you again for everything.

serotonin

Hello,

I've been lurking for awhile and finally registered as a user. First off, thanks to Retell and everyone for their help and posting this update. I tried to do this update as described in the instructions on the first page and got as far as reseting the unit after pulling the sd card out and setting the language etc... the problem i am encountering is that the unit after pushing the reset for 5 seconds won't boot past the pioneer welcome screen. I have tried to reflash or redo the update but the same problem exists. any suggestions? Thank you again for everything.

serotonin

Read this, it might help you:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351&p=226505&hilit=not+enough+space#p226505

Well, after completely wiping doing an MBRFormat, Rewriting SDML, and Installing the FX3.1 Firmware Image, my Pioneer Avic-F90BT still freezes. Looks like I will need to revert back to the stock software and send the darn thing in. Anyone have the 2.006 WINCEImage files that I can use and combine with the pioneer update files to do a revert to stock before I send it into Pioneer to be fixed as its still under warranty.

I was debating tearing the POS apart and reapplying thermal past to the processor but that'd void my warranty for sure so...lol

Thank you chuck88 for the post references. I read through them and deleted the canada maps, pois and speed cams. now the issue i am encountering is that after the pioneer splash screen, the screen stays black and ther is no reaction. i can get into the blue screen where you put in the up,up code and can get further but cant get into the windows type screen to try and recopy/rectify the problem i caused. any suggestions?

serotonin

Thank you chuck88 for the post references. I read through them and deleted the canada maps, pois and speed cams. now the issue i am encountering is that after the pioneer splash screen, the screen stays black and ther is no reaction. i can get into the blue screen where you put in the up,up code and can get further but cant get into the windows type screen to try and recopy/rectify the problem i caused. any suggestions?

serotonin

You have to put Testmode 2.3 files into a format SD card to boot into Testmode.

Search Testmode 2.3 for details.

Is there a increase in performance over the 3.0 update? I have everything else. I was just wondering if it was worth trying to download, it's looking at 2 days still. Thanks for those that reply. =)

No! The FX3.1 which also contains FW 3.0x and a modified version of iGo software, is only created to differentiate the stock FW3.0x with stock iGo software.

Quick question, i downloaded the files, put them on the SD card and got to the point where you have to Format via the SD card

About how long should that take? When i select that option my unit sits there for about 10 minutes and doesn't do anything.

Originally i was having some issues with the formatted files/mac combo and i've gotten past that .

Thanks in advance!