AVIC411.com

I have just recently installed an AVIC Z110-BT in my 2008 Ford Edge with the PAC SWI-PS. It is installed correctly and I am using it for the following function: Volume Up, Volume Down, Seek Up, Seek Down, and Source. The steering control will work for all buttons for about an hour then all but the source will stop working. I removing the panel and reprogrammed the buttons again. All buttons began to work again, but the same scenario occurred. I am tired of removing the panel and reprogramming this unit so it can only work for another hour. :?

I've got that installed but haven't seen that issue. I don't have the manual in front of me but I seem to remember reading in it some scenario where it would forget your programming, I think it had to be connected to a dedicated power source and you may have it plugged into accessory or something. It might be helpful to reread the install manual.

• 1 month later...

I have connected the ACC wire to constant power. The device is a hit miss with the Volume bottons. The volume up on the steering wheel will work at times and the volume down botton on the steering wheel only worked for the first ride in my car, now it needs to be reporgrammed. I think the PAC SWI-PS, although compable with my Ford Edge, has some tweeks.

I have connected the ACC wire to constant power. The device is a hit miss with the Volume bottons. The volume up on the steering wheel will work at times and the volume down botton on the steering wheel only worked for the first ride in my car, now it needs to be reporgrammed. I think the PAC SWI-PS, although compable with my Ford Edge, has some tweeks.

My money would be on a poor ground connection. Second place is power... Either you have an issue with one of those, or you have a bad PAC interface module...

I have the exact same problem with my volume up and down buttons. Every other button works great, but the volume buttons only work every once in a while, or sometimes just the up button but not the down button. My installer is coming out to reprogram the unit, but he thinks it might be a voltage problem with newer cars like my 2010 GMC. Everything is so computer controlled now. I never had this problem with my 2007 Ford Explorer, a Kenwood DNX-7100, and a PAC SWI-JACK.

Sorry you are having the same problem, but at least it answers my question about whether my problems were car-specific.

Called PAC tech support. They told me to make sure the SWI-PS is connected directly to the interface module (in my case, the PAC OS-4) rather than hard-wire it in, and to make sure the SWI-PS is programmed for Version 2 instead of Version 1.

Hope this helps. My installer is coming tomorrow to check it out.

Ok, I can confirm that reprogramming the SWI-PS under Version 2 instead of Version 1 seems to have solved all my volume problems. I've been going for two days now without a problem, and it also seems snappier in performance.

I will post again if the programming starts to fail again.

Do to the fact that I have a Ford Edge, my version needs to be on Version 9. I will check with PAC tech support and see what Version "direction" they point me to.

Can you also explain what you mean by "make sure the SWI-PS is connected directly to the interface module... rather than hard-wire it in"

I'm having the same problem. Currently Using Pac-SWIPS with PAC-OS4 in my tahoe and it intermittently works. How do you program from version 1 to version 2?

It should be listed in the programming instructions that came with SWI-PS. If you don't still have them I'm sure you can download it from PAC's website.

I can also confirm that the Version 2 programming is still holding perfectly after a week, and it's still very snappy. :D

Do to the fact that I have a Ford Edge, my version needs to be on Version 9. I will check with PAC tech support and see what Version "direction" they point me to.

Can you also explain what you mean by "make sure the SWI-PS is connected directly to the interface module... rather than hard-wire it in"

My 2010 GMC requires the use of the OS-4 module. However, some cars do not need an interface module. My '07 Ford Explorer did not need a separate module, and the SWI-JACK steering wheel controls (I used to have a Kenwood) could be connected directly to the head unit. I don't know if your Ford Edge needs some sort of interface module, but PAC can answer that question as well.

yepp! my 06 fusion has the exact problem..sometimes the fwd/back doesnt work either..but lately it has. media has always worked. so i need to take my car back to my installer and have him program it in version 2?

Not sure. For you it could be another version, so best to call PAC Audio tech support and ask.