AVIC411.com

Real Newbie Z110BT/120 Questions

Real Newbie question(s)

Just bought a brand new 2010 altima yesterday.

Aftermarket shop is offering the 110BT model for $999US plus $100 installation.

I'm told the 120 will be available in a couple of weeks but that also the 110 plus software upgrade will be a 120BT...True?

Also, IPOD question.

With my Rosen Nav system in my 2008 camry, I can play videos on the 7 inch touchscreen but the videos can only be played by physically controlling the ipod itself.

With a 110/120 unit is Video control available on the Pioneer touchscreen itself?

Does it play natively in fullscreen on the Pioneer touchscreen or only through a hack.

I read the video only goes to the backseat monitors.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are referring to the bypass then yes, you will need to perform the bypass to be able to watch any video or perform nav functions while in motion. Most installers will not do it however. Details for the bypass are on this forum.

I will search and find I'm sure, great forum.

Is anyone here familiar with the "rosen" systems.

This appears to blow it away.

I still cant believe Ipod/Itouch control is possible from the pioneer touchscreen, I was told this could not be done..WOW.

Is the 110/120 simply the best out there?

I will search and find I'm sure, great forum.

Look through the Hacks & Mods section.

I still cant believe Ipod/Itouch control is possible from the pioneer touchscreen, I was told this could not be done..WOW.

Been done for years now. Who told you that?

Is the 110/120 simply the best out there?

Well thats a matter of opinion but this unit is one of the few at the top.

I thought that with the Itouch video out control was propritary meaning external video control of the itouch was not possible.

With my $1000 rosen entertainment system music from the itouch/IPod could be controlled via the rosen's toucscreen but NOT video.

The facyt that the pioneer could do this is awesome.

Can internet from an itouch be seen on the nav's screen too?

Is internet on a in dash nav available anywhere?

All aftermarket systems support iPod video playback.

Can internet from an itouch be seen on the nav's screen too?

Clearly not from a Touch sense there is no internet capability except for WiFi but this is possible with a jailbroken iPhone.

Is internet on a in dash nav available anywhere?

Some Ford systems I believe have limited net support but no aftermarket as far as I am aware of. There was some chatter on this forum about the F series being hacked to support internet but it quickly died out. Not sure what the current status is.

hdtvjeff wrote:

All aftermarket systems support iPod video playback.

BUT, IS that VIDEO control From the IN Dash nav unit or controlled from the ipod itself.

On my Rosen Nav, video gets to the nav screen but only when I manually do it from the IPOD, Not the touchscreen controls

Been reading the manual in advance of my purchase.

Says 320 by 240 is recommended video image size; is it capable of 640 x 480 off of a ipod touch?

Try using handbrake (it's free) to convert videos for your iPod. As long as the video displays on your iPod it will display on the hu.

Just wanted to be sure of one thing...The harness for the ipod also keeps it charged, right?

Made an apointment for the z120BT to be installed in my 2010 altima here in NY for $1800 installed complete with dash kit/ steering wheel controls and ipod harness for $1,800 including tax, good price?