AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Hey Guys,

During my testing before Abb's V3.0 release, I have determined that following settings for smartzoom. Please read comments to understand more ... please note that the last two lines of comments apply to both minangle and maxangle.

[smartzoom]
restore_smartzoom_on=1
speedzoom=6
speedangle=8
minzoom=40      ; distance from the car when zoom in
maxzoom=80      ; distance from the car when zoom out (normal navigation)
minangle=70     ; for Diaftia's mod: <= 70, incline properly at turn; starting with 75, no more inclining; at 80, start to see the sky
maxangle=90     ; 90 is the max angle to see the whole sky

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi abb....the new update is owsome. I want to pont out 3 problems with it. Firs the scrolling street name is not working I put it on and it gets stuck not moving (on previous update V3.0 was working perfect).

Second the tilt screen is stuck either on 70% without text.sys and 90% with the text.sys. Is there anyway to change it my self at 80% on the text.sys file? And last is the speed camera is not working for Toronto, Mississauga area.

Abb let me know when u get in Toronto...I would love to give you 1..2..4...7..... Beers.. :roll::mrgreen:

Abb is it safe to do this?....

From

[smartzoom]

speedzoom=6

speedangle=8

minzoom=30

maxzoom=80

minangle=90

maxangle=90

This

[smartzoom]

speedzoom=6

speedangle=8

minzoom=30

maxzoom=80

minangle=82

maxangle=82

Yes, it is safe, and that would fix it. lol, I try to stay away from toronto, You can always get me beers through paypal :D

Hi abb....the new update is owsome. I want to pont out 3 problems with it. Firs the scrolling street name is not working I put it on and it gets stuck not moving (on previous update V3.0 was working perfect).

Second the tilt screen is stuck either on 70% without text.sys and 90% with the text.sys. Is there anyway to change it my self at 80% on the text.sys file? And last is the speed camera is not working for Toronto, Mississauga area.

Abb let me know when u get in Toronto...I would love to give you 1..2..4...7..... Beers.. :roll::mrgreen:

You have to have the 'illustrated text' turned on in the settings. I just tested it and it works good. The only problem is that it is very resourceful, in that it uses a lot of memory and it can cause the system to freeze. I use it once in a while, but not forever as it will cause memory errors if used to long. There should not be any speed cameras in Toronto as Ontario outlawed them many years ago as it was costing the government more costs in court fees than it was worth

Smartzoom is the single thing that I wish that Abb could make it worked for V3.0, but unlikely to happen since there is no request.

I love V2.75 for that reason.

It does work, but not with a tilting screen . All these nice schemes with the real textured sky is useless if you cant see it. The smartzoom feature with the tilting sky was big in the 2.0 era where there was no sky. People like the sky, and that is why the smartzoom is always shut off. Diaftia made it so that smart zoom works with the sky as the tilt is locked. It is really awesome! I tried the smartzoom in the 2.75 version and it is horrible as the sky is hardly ever seen. If I was doing any more updates to it, I would actually make the smartzoom like the 3.0 version, sorry!

he abb,

first off this mod is amazing! thank you for your time and sharing this with all of us. my question is about speedcams... i have them enabled but none have popped up so far. i used to see them all the time on my old ui. am i missing something or do i possibly need to adjust another setting? :D

Abb is it safe to do this?....

From

[smartzoom]

speedzoom=6

speedangle=8

minzoom=30

maxzoom=80

minangle=90

maxangle=90

This

[smartzoom]

speedzoom=6

speedangle=8

minzoom=30

maxzoom=80

minangle=82

maxangle=82

Yes, it is safe, and that would fix it. lol, I try to stay away from toronto, You can always get me beers through paypal :D

Done... I'll try to mail you some beers throught paypal... :D:D lol

PS please PM me your paypal address

Great mod Abb, very thorough!

Since I installed v3 I can't get into the system with testmode. I've tried several different versions of testmode, but it keeps cycling through the splash screen in an endless loop. Can I use Total Cmdr or File Explorer from your menu to copy files over from the SD?

Abb and anyone else who can.How about generating a bit more interest in the forum by starting a"how to"thread.For example..how to move the speed limit sign over by 5mm or so,or up 5mm or so.Start off with really basic things like changing sys.txt and gradually take little steps forward.Just a thought because we need to keep this place alive.Shoot me down if you wish. :lol:

Great mod Abb, very thorough!

Since I installed v3 I can't get into the system with testmode. I've tried several different versions of testmode, but it keeps cycling through the splash screen in an endless loop. Can I use Total Cmdr or File Explorer from your menu to copy files over from the SD?

Yes, if you have my mod installed, you can transfer data over through total commander. The only thing that you cannot transfer is the Data.zip file because it is obviously in use

Abb and anyone else who can.How about generating a bit more interest in the forum by starting a"how to"thread.For example..how to move the speed limit sign over by 5mm or so,or up 5mm or so.Start off with really basic things like changing sys.txt and gradually take little steps forward.Just a thought because we need to keep this place alive.Shoot me down if you wish. :lol:

Hmmmm,....... ' A How To.. On coding'. That is a good idea, but there is only about two or three guys in this forum that can actually do that and they are not here anymore, or make rare appearances. Unfortunately, my skills in coding are good, but i am still learning on a daily basis and by no means an expert. Try PM'ing Boris or Diaftia and see if they can put-up a one page guide with the basics. I think that is a great idea.

anybody have an answer to my speed cam question posted above? i am in ny. do i have to place all the speed cams in myself or is there a database file i need to add? does this information that i found in dafita's post pertain to this mod also?

Here's an official description of the mod:

* "Guidance superiority" in "Sound Setting" - force camera sounds off if it overlaps routing directions. There's a bug/feature in iGO 8: cameras turn route directions off, author chooses to sacrifice cameras instead.

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.

Usage samples: Alarm – Speed Camera, Warning – speed bump, Reminder – POI.

* Verification beep - Always do a single beep 150 meters before camera. Used for testing camera locations.

------

* Distance cameras (average speed?) not checked

* Diaftia added voice warnings.

Re: Speedcam Warning settings:

Stanislavovich wrote:"Full" and "On" are the standard behavior of iGo speedcam warning system. "On" warns only if you are overspeed, "Full" - forever. The way how to warn, sound etc are managed by exe and sys.txt.

"Custom" is fully mod-designed warning completely substituting standard one. In fact "custom" switch off standard speedcam warning and the mod produces own logic and mod-determined sounds.

This mod is based on Diaftias mod, so the speedcam info will be the same. You will have to add the data for the speedcams in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/Content/SPEEDCAM' folder, and then you have to adjust the settings under 'Warnings'