AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the wonderful information in this thread, I gave my Z1 a long overdue upgrade today and it was a breeze with all the information and tutorials posted here. My only question is if anyone knows if my Z1 will now be compatible with the Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD radio tuner since the Z3 was compatible with it or I am stuck with Z1 hardware limitations?

Thanks for all the wonderful information in this thread, I gave my Z1 a long overdue upgrade today and it was a breeze with all the information and tutorials posted here. My only question is if anyone knows if my Z1 will now be compatible with the Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD radio tuner since the Z3 was compatible with it or I am stuck with Z1 hardware limitations?

Any hardware that will work on the Z3 will also work on a Z1/Z2 upgraded to the Z3 software image.

You may want to follow up in this thread: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28367-european-hdd-image/

I don't recall seeing anyone post it.

I have good news!. I decided to copy the two folders I had in the CNDV-1000HD DVD, hard disk of my HD1BT. Before I made a backup just in case. The result is that it has updated successfully, but unfortunately only had maps of Russia, I can not change the map that appears next. I'll get another DVD to see if it brings other maps.

Greetings.

• 3 weeks later...

I upgraded this to a new 40gb Hitachi hard drive i had out of an old computer. ( my stock hard drive crashed i think, wont boot up anymore)

Everything is starting up and running great for the first 30 sec - 5 min then it just freezes. what ever music was playing still works and i can still adjust the volume but i cannot change the menu or anything with the unit other then sound.

my question is , is it just the hard drive or does this happen with all other none Toshiba hard drives. I have looked around and it looks like everyone is using Toshiba hard drives.

or did i mess up something when loading the hard drive and i should just try again.

your help would be great.

Thanks a lot

thanks again to everyone who put this together; I was 2 years overdue and finally did the upgrade today. only took 100 years for me to find my 2.5" IDE adapter buried in my garage. :lol:

and now that I've upgraded to 2010 I see it's been a year since Garrett posted this thread for 2010. so is 2011 in the pipeline? :D

thanks again!

edit: d'oh nevermind I see there's a thread already in 'General' re: 2011. I'll wait it out. I see that in 2009 or 2010 ? they expanded the high-resolution map coverage a bit. I live in San Francisco and part of it was hi-res and of course I lived in the lo-res part :rolleyes:

but now my own street seems to be hi-res on the map...cool! only drawback: this seems to remove one level of zoom that I used to have. oh welps, can't have it all :???:

:smile:

Hello

I am in the process of updating my Z1 that has never been updated since I bought it back in 2006.

I was trying to disable the security lock on the Avic drive but was not successful, it kept telling me that the drive is not ready so i gave up on this part.

I then Restored the drive with the new 2010 Avic image and that seemed to work smoothly although it was kind of difficult to figure out how Acronis works.

My question is can I now try to disable the security lock even though I have already imaged the drive. I would really like to do this just in case i stick the drive back in the Avic and and i need to remove it again because its not working.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Yes, you can still disable security after imaging. You could let the z lock it, and use the service test disc to unlock it for free any time. See hacks forum sticky post.

Unfortunately my impatience got the best of me and I just went ahead and put the drive back in the avic. Every thing is working ok but I guess I will have to unlock it again if I am going to upgrade it in the future.

By the way the only reason I upgrade to the 2010 Avic image is because when I called Pioneer they told me that they were not planing on having an update for 2011 because there were not enough sales for the 2010 Discs. They did say that they will probably wait a couple of years to release another update.

Thanks for the info.