AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, i'm going to be attempting this on my own on Friday! Is there any way to retain the files from the original hard drive without having to get the AFF Repair Station mentioned in the first post??

Yes, unlock the drive per the free unlock instructions, then use Acronis to create a full backup of the original drive.

• 2 months later...

How do I know if a avic z1 has the z3 upgrade? I just bought a avic z1 and don't know if it's already upgraded or not. If not already done I was thinking about buying the z3 80g hdd. If I buy it I'm not sure how to swap the hdd out if anyone can help me with that aswell. I've looked all over YouTube to see if someone made a video of how to replace the hdd but had no luck.

How do I know if a avic z1 has the z3 upgrade? I just bought a avic z1 and don't know if it's already upgraded or not. If not already done I was thinking about buying the z3 80g hdd. If I buy it I'm not sure how to swap the hdd out if anyone can help me with that aswell. I've looked all over YouTube to see if someone made a video of how to replace the hdd but had no luck.

To check your current version, go to menu, settings, hardware, version. Version 1.xxxxx is Z1, 2.xxxxxx is Z2, 3.xxxxxx is Z3 (2008), 4.xxx is Z3 (2009), and 5.xxxx is Z3 (2010).

There is a downloadable PDF in my classified ad that provides the instructions for swapping drives. Just click the link in my sig below.

Hi Garrett.

I have an AVIC-Z1 updated to a Z3 using one of your drives. I need to update the Gracenote database on it, and Pioneer says:

AVIC-Z3 units need a Firmware Update (Version 3.100400) to use this CDDB Gracenote database update. Before proceeding, please read and install the AVIC-Z3 Firmware Update.

Before I go and screw something up, can I do the Z3 Firmware update on the unlocked drive? I can follow the instructions provided by Pioneer for updating it (I did it a few times when it was the Z1 software) but wanted to make sure there would be no problems with updating from version 3.000200 to the required 3.100400 version they wanted me to download and install prior to the June 2012 CDDB. Thanks!

Larry

• 4 weeks later...