AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The limit is imposed by the firmware. I don't remember the exact limit (it is posted on the forums somewhere though) but once you hit it, the unit won't record any more music.

i c.

sometimes i wish i would've gotten into software engineering instead of network so i would be writing a new firmware for unit that would take any kinda HDD with any space.

anyway, thanks for ur responces.

btw, do u know any good place for toshiba automobile hdd with good price i just blown mine (the original) mistakingly last night. lol

i c.

sometimes i wish i would've gotten into software engineering instead of network so i would be writing a new firmware for unit that would take any kinda HDD with any space.

anyway, thanks for ur responces.

btw, do u know any good place for toshiba automobile hdd with good price i just blown mine (the original) mistakingly last night. lol

so another question i got,

since i only can toshiba HDD, i found some toshiba large hdd like 80 or 160 that are cheaper than 40 or 60, i know im going to have wasted space but can i still use those type of drives?

thnaks

so another question i got,

since i only can toshiba HDD, i found some toshiba large hdd like 80 or 160 that are cheaper than 40 or 60, i know im going to have wasted space but can i still use those type of drives?

thnaks

Depends on the drive model. Some work better in the car than others. MUST be Toshiba and MUST be PATA (SATA will not work).

Depends on the drive model. Some work better in the car than others. MUST be Toshiba and MUST be PATA (SATA will not work).

thanks

i get that pata part, im in computer networking (but unfortunately know none about software) so as long as its toshiba and of course as you said, pata, then the size shouldt matter?

oh btw does it matter what type of ide inter face it is? ata8 ata-9.....?

tnx

thanks

i get that pata part, im in computer networking (but unfortunately know none about software) so as long as its toshiba and of course as you said, pata, then the size shouldt matter?

oh btw does it matter what type of ide inter face it is? ata8 ata-9.....?

tnx

IDE interface should not mater, since the larger drives are backwards compatible with the older drives. Also, do not partition more than 60gb of the drive as it may cuase crash and reboots.

IDE interface should not mater, since the larger drives are backwards compatible with the older drives. Also, do not partition more than 60gb of the drive as it may cuase crash and reboots.

thanks, so any thing after 60GB would remain unpartitioned, but acronis give me an option to duplicate the drive signature and MBR, should that be chosen?

thanks

I pulled out my hard drive after using the Pioneer DVD and now it shows up under device manager but not under disk administrator. Also, I have downloaded the Z3 acronis backup image several times and acronis tells me that it is not a valid backup. Please offer any suggestions as I am desperate.

Thanks,

Scott

Garret,

HDD unlock does not see my USB to IDE drive listed. Any suggestions?

Scott

I just looked on their support page, and I was wrong...

Can I unlock a USB/FireWire hard drive? Can I use a USB adapter to unlock my hard drive? HDD Unlock Wizard requires direct access to the hard drive; it is impossible to unlock a hard drive via USB or FireWire adapter or enclosure. You would have to remove the hard drive out of the enclosure and attach it to any working PC as a secondary drive.

I have tried hooking it up to my PC via the IDE channel and the unlock software sees it, tells me that the drive is frozen. I have looked at via MHDD and I can see that it is locked. I ran EID but I get an error with that command. I also went out an pruchased a PCI IDE but as soon as I hook it up, the PC locks up. I am running windows XP SP3 with an intel 955x motherboard. When I put the drive back in the Z1 it tells me that the HDD is unusable and will not even boot the service DVD or do a factory default reset by holding down the map button.