AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Garret

I followed all instructions but did not disable hard drive locking.

Acronis 2010 did a successful restore of 4 partions, LDAT,SDAT,MSV,USER AND THE MBR. closed Acronis and then immediately Windows XP saw the 4 partions.

Shutdown computer and installed it in my Z2 - music comes on but screen freezes at text "cannot use hard drive"

Of course now the hard drive is locked again and , without doing another unlock, XP and Acronis does not see the drive.

Did a check with HDD Unlock Wizard and yes it's locked. Should I do another unlock to see anything

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

I had an old 40 gig IBM drive sitting around and I put the image on and when I installed it in the Z2 it did a 45 second updating do not turn off and loaded perfectly, but of course reboots every 10 or 15 minutes. But I know my image wooks.

Wonder what is wrong with the stock drive??

I have been seeding for the last 48 hours and have sent about 2.5GB - sound right?

Steve

I had to do things a lil diffrently.

I could not use acronics to do everything for me. I had to figure out another way first use the tools tab and find install new drive find the drive u installed it should say unalocated selcte it click next right click the drive click create partition create the 17 gb ldat partition change the setting as follows ntfs to fat32, drive letter D to auto, lable it ldat check th box for primary and active drive click ok repeate this for the next 3 partitions. once your done go to therecorvery tab find the 2010 .tib files right click and mount the image. you should have a total of 8 new drives in "my computer" 2 ldat 2s dat and so on. now jus copy and paste hope this helps someone I have been up all night trying figure out a solution and this finially worked. sorry if my spelling and grammer is off

I keep gettig a error in acronis 2010 I have tried everything i can think of when i go to the programs knowledge base there is nothing there this is the event code 0x00640067+0x00090BC0 any help would be great

What OS are you using? This sounds like something that would pop up in Vista or 7.

Did you check Event Viewer? It might have some details there as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I can see it in explorer. Did the pics I post help any? I would like to get this done please

Since I do not use this version of Acronis, it did not help me. Did you read the post above, as it describes a user having to add the drive to acronis.

I noticed that you mentioned that you only see your laptop hdd. I assume you have the avic connectec via USB? Could this be causing a problem with your version of Acronis?