AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

I just did the upgrade, thanks to all who posted. My questions revolves around the Gracenote upgrade. I took my Z2 to a Z3 with 2010 maps. Did Garrett's pack have the new Gracenote updates them?

If no, I need to install the firmware upgrade from Pioneer first, before doing the upgrade to the Gracenote stuff, correct?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have one of my drives, you do NOT install the pioneer firmware, just update as normal. I config always includes the newest gracenotes available at the time of shipping.

thanks,

I did not purchase one of your drives, but did downloaded the torrent and used the Unlocker disk. I'm assuming this means I need to do the firmware upgrade, then the Gracenote.

You must have been using a flasher bypass? You need to either 1) connect the parking brake wire to the parking brake, or 2) do the 2 wire bypass.

Thanks! I will try this today. I was not using the flasher method before, but I agree something must have had it bypassed. I am unsure of the wiring as I purchased the car with the head unit installed. I do know that the parking brake must not be connected as I can't access the menus even when the brake is up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! I will try this today. I was not using the flasher method before, but I agree something must have had it bypassed. I am unsure of the wiring as I purchased the car with the head unit installed. I do know that the parking brake must not be connected as I can't access the menus even when the brake is up.

Any thoughts?

You definately had some type of flasher bypassed installed. You would actually see the lights flash, but the head unit would 'think' that you flashed the lights in order to bypass. Either connect the light green to your parking brake for standard install, or follow the 2 wire bypass directions. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...