AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

I know where you are coming from. i will always be continuing to mod as it is what I enjoy, and also, with my system being constantly modded, it is like having a new system everytime :grin: . However, it is a lot of time to upload these mods, post pictures, descriptions, and then post it without much appreciation, or comments regarding if they like it or not, it is discouraging. I put a poll up to see which background people prefer and only 8 people voted out of 124 views. This tells me that nobody gives a rats ass and this is discouraging, but not as discouraging as when I was on the forum at a peak time! Look at the pic below :(

Hi Guys:

I do appreciate all the mods that you guys have done. I try to find things and put it in my mod which is Stan/Andr2000. I loved what Chuck did to his mod but could not get it to work on mine. I spend hours and hours and having fun doing it just like you guys. I like my mod a little more simple compare to ABB which I think is the best of all. Every time I get a new data file downloaded I check it out but it seems like I always go back to my mod. I am just like you guys when it comes to fooling around and try to make the file best to my liking.

Chuck and Abb;

Keep up the great work and I always check every day to see what I changes I can do....

Thanks again!

BTW, I loved the comment about muting where you wish you could have done it to your ex-wife. That was pretty funny.

Jimbo

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Abb and Alex,

Just for your info if you read this post. I find something interesting: if you declare a permanent variable with a variable name length of 25 characters or more (don't know the starting number of characters though, didn't try), you will have problem when performing the "runif ..." instructions. The condition will never be verified and executed, although its variable state is correctly saved and restored after rebooting ... weird, isn't it?

I just lower the number of characters in the variable name length and all works (i.e. from "vCWDefaultGuidanceVoiceOn" to "vCWDefGuidVoice").

So this might save you a whole day of debugging :mrgreen: .

Weeeelllllll, I get to name my next update v2.80d rather than v2.80c because someone steers into my 4share library and download the preliminary version of v2.80c (yeah, it is in the public area), without I post it in this forum.

Who is the hacker? :blink::angry:

Hi Chuck88 nice mod. I have a question are you planning to make this mod with no msn button? And also the speedcamera warning is covering the display of the road . Maybe you can make it a little bit smaller and move it to the right lower corner ? What do you think? Thanks

Hi Chuck88 nice mod. I have a question are you planning to make this mod with no msn button? And also the speedcamera warning is covering the display of the road . Maybe you can make it a little bit smaller and move it to the right lower corner ? What do you think? Thanks

Thanks for your words!

I would leave the MSN or TMC icon on, as I have no way to detect whether there is MSN or TMC hardware in the unit. I myself have a X710BT and I get used to it, I really don't bother me over time and I don't want to have a hole. If you want to get ride of it, I can show you where to check to mod the *.UI files.

I am not sure what you mean by the speedcamera warning. Are you talking about the big red sign or the smaller camera sign when there is speed camera? Please note that you can change from the FULL to SIMPLE under the WARNING menu.

I will have v2.80d coming this weekend or so. Please have a look on it and let me know.

Thanks for your words!

I would leave the MSN or TMC icon on, as I have no way to detect whether there is MSN or TMC hardware in the unit. I myself have a X710BT and I get used to it, I really don't bother me over time and I don't want to have a hole. If you want to get ride of it, I can show you where to check to mod the *.UI files.

I am not sure what you mean by the speedcamera warning. Are you talking about the big red sign or the smaller camera sign when there is speed camera? Please note that you can change from the FULL to SIMPLE under the WARNING menu.

I will have v2.80d coming this weekend or so. Please have a look on it and let me know.

I removed all the MSN crap, scripts and all, from my mod (not the one that i have released), but my personal mod, simply because it will never be availabe in my area and it is just taking up valuable memory. Within a year, it will just be a useless button anyways as Microsoft is going to shut it down

I removed all the MSN crap, scripts and all, from my mod (not the one that i have released), but my personal mod, simply because it will never be availabe in my area and it is just taking up valuable memory. Within a year, it will just be a useless button anyways as Microsoft is going to shut it down

You're right, MSN Direct is ending its service, if not done yet.

Removing that thing is really easy though.

Hi Chuck88 I am talking about big red camera sign it just blocking the road I just was thinking that will be nice to have smaller or move to the lower right end of screen?

Instead, there is a way to use the smaller one: Go to Nav Settings, Warnings, Enable Speed Camera/Display, then change from FULL to SIMPLE.

I finally posted my released 2.80d but didn't have a chance to add description, maybe next weekend.

2010-12-01: v2.80d

Changes description will come later!

Enjoy! :wink:

Edited: Please refer to first post for download instructions. :oops: