AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chuck88 this picture from Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.2.1 with remaining distance to camera.

I was thinking if you can add this to your mod.

Thanks

So you want to replace the actual SPEED LIMIT by the DISTANCE in the SIMPLE camera icon view. So you think it is more important to have the distance than the permitted speed before the camera :mrgreen:

OK let me see if I can have time to do that quickly this weekend. If there is no other request, I will just post the modification for you here without updating the whole modded zip.

Hi Chuck88.

I like to have distance and speed limit together in simple camera mode

If this possible (same as in Diaftia hybrid mode v3.2)

Thanks

Yeah it is possible! The only problem I have is that the speed camera doesn't display in Emulator mode, so it will take time because, if my wife is not watching me messing again with modding, I will have to run to my car to test every change.

Maybe Abb1 can tell me how to enable the camera display in Emulator mode in IDT's original MOD (or abb1's MOD) ... :razz:

Hi Chuck88.

I like to have distance and speed limit together in simple camera mode

If this possible (same as in Diaftia hybrid mode v3.2)

Thanks

Hi bigboy,

I don't have time to rewrap to make a release, so I just attach with this post what I have to show ONLY the distance to traffic camera, but not the speed limit, because it would involve more interface redesign (see the small camera icon and you will understand: no space for two parameters). There are also some other subtle improvements to the MOD.

If you are a smartzoom lover, you might also want to replace the SYS.txt with the one included, which contain minor adjustments.

Just unzip the archive and copy to the "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" folder, with folder structure retained.

Bye now!

ui files v2.8g interim.zip

Hi bigboy,

I don't have time to rewrap to make a release, so I just attach with this post what I have to show ONLY the distance to traffic camera, but not the speed limit, because it would involve more interface redesign (see the small camera icon and you will understand: no space for two parameters). There are also some other subtle improvements to the MOD.

If you are a smartzoom lover, you might also want to replace the SYS.txt with the one included, which contain minor adjustments.

Just unzip the archive and copy to the "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" folder, with folder structure retained.

Bye now!

Thanks Chuck88

• 3 weeks later...

Hey chuck, I think I've pretty much got everything figured out accept why when I plug my phone in it automatically reboots the unit. I'm also having trouble setting routs anywhere other than home ( pressing the home button ). Any idea how I can fix this?

I dont' know what you meant by "setting routes"? ...

The fact that you AVIC reboot after plugging in the phone is not related to any mod, as it also does with abb's mod. I have some suggestions, one at a time, but please backup the whole thing before attempting anything.

1) I would try to reset the AVIC by pressing the button just beside the CD/DVD eject button (please read the manual to see what will be reset after this operation).

2) There is RESTORE button within the main menu structure, I don't remember where, that you can try.

3) Remove the current bluetooth connection and re-pair it again.

4) There is a file call BTSettings.dat within \My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\Setup. Rename it to something else. There are other files under this folder that you can try to rename from the DAT extension to something else.

Let us know your results.

Hey Chuck, sorry for the late response ( didn't get the e-mail for some reason) but after a lot of reding and searching, and searching and reading I was able to stop the continuous rebooting by restoring my phone on iTunes. It no longer charges when connected like it use to but im going to try and disconnect and re-pair the bluetooth like you suggested to see if that works. I'm still searching (and reading) trying to find out how to correct the turn restrictions ( they're opposite from the actual "no turn" direction and also when you say " long press the start button " for your new map view I either don't know where the "start" button is, or I'm already seeing it and not aware of it. Any help or nudges in the right direction is very much appreciated ( as always).

And now back to searching and reading and reading and searching.

Hey Chuck, sorry for the late response ( didn't get the e-mail for some reason) but after a lot of reding and searching, and searching and reading I was able to stop the continuous rebooting by restoring my phone on iTunes. It no longer charges when connected like it use to but im going to try and disconnect and re-pair the bluetooth like you suggested to see if that works. I'm still searching (and reading) trying to find out how to correct the turn restrictions ( they're opposite from the actual "no turn" direction and also when you say " long press the start button " for your new map view I either don't know where the "start" button is, or I'm already seeing it and not aware of it. Any help or nudges in the right direction is very much appreciated ( as always).

And now back to searching and reading and reading and searching.

Don't bother with the turn restriction. The encoding inside the TeleAtlas and NavTeq maps contains wrong information, so there is no way to correct it. Most of the people here in the forum just turn it OFF.

The start button refers to the green-blue round button with a arrow pointing UP, in the lower left corner. The long-press function of this button has been changed to MAP OPACITY (sorry I should correct my first post :oops: ).

The earth button is the round green button in the upper-right corner, just below the COMPASS. You can now use it to switch to the BROWSE MAP view if selected "BROWSER" under the Custom Settings.

I am still make subtle changes to my mod now, but given the lack of interest, I just keep it for myself now. I will eventually share it when time comes.

Thanks.

Ahhhh, I thought for sure I had messed something up somehow. Shame there's no way to fix the turn restrictions, guess I'll just have to turn them off ( when I find it ). Reaserching the speed cams now, thinking I must have to download/update some information for them to work. Sorry you guys feel like there's so much "lack of interest" in your work. I must be one off the few still buggin y'all. I am DEFIFINATELY interested and appreciative of what you guys do and can't wait to figure out how you do it so I can start on some mods, skins, and themes of my own! I'm seeing so many cool add ons out there! (can you tell this is my first Nav? Ha)

Thanks again

Just an update on my situation.

So far restoring my iPhone on iTunes the using my backup to put everything back on my phone has fix ( so far ) the rebooting problem and it's charging again when connected. I do receive a message on my phone when I plug it into the unis that it's not compatible with that wire ( it's a Belkin I picked up from walmart ) but it still charges anyway. Other miner things have also seemed to be fixed now to like I now get speed limit signs popping up and highway signs etc. I still haven't figured out the speed camera thing yet so any help you guys can offer would b appreciated ( do I need updated maps or something for them to work?)

Thanks

Maybe you should change the wire for your iPhone. It might has a short-circuit somethere that trigger the reboot when you plug it in.

As for the speedcam, you don't need updated maps. All you have to do is to:

2. Disable the speedcam warning under the Warning Settings screen;
  3. Delete everything you have now in the "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\Speedcam" folder (by backing them up first).
  4. Extract the attached ZIP file, put all *.TXT files into the "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\Speedcam" folder.
  5. Enable the speedcam warning.

A new database file will then be created and *.TXT files will be deleted (no longer used). So make a copy of the *.TXT file for your records.

The speedcams and speed traps files are for both USA (2x) and CANADA (3x, including one file for Quebec, in which new cams are added recently), up-to-date as of beginning of 2010.

Let me know your results! :rolleyes:

speedcam.zip

Thanks for the info Chuck. Sorry so late, I guess I didn't have it set up to e-mail me for this post (fixed now). I'll have to try that when I get off because I'm at work now posting from my phone. Couple things tho, I would like to try my hand at this modding thing so I want to know how I would change the color of the "screen off" clock to blue instead of green? If there is a post somewhere explaining in detail how to mod files to change things on the unit PLEASE post a link as I would REALLY love to give that a shot. I have been experimenting a little bit with other completed mods on here ( Abb's, yours, and most recently Diaftia's) but I would like to try and personalize them a little to go with the "theme" of my suburban. I've been reading ( A LOT ) and see everyone talking about WHAT they did but not really HOW they did it. I noticed that my flash disk still had all the files from all of you guy's/gal's mods. Common sense tells me that that's not good, but being a novice I figured I should ASK before I start deleting stuff:) The one major problem I had was when I tried setting the night scheme to valley moon ( I think ) it gave me a fatal error and shuts my navigation off. Have to reload the mod again to get pas the loading screen.

Sorry about the book just VERY curious about how this is done.