AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hey Chuck,

Been awhile (workin crazy hours and waiting on my replacement iphone) but I wanted to ask what mic is best for my f700? I've searched around and still no clear answer.

I am using the X710BT and the mic was included in the package.

Not yours? Or has it broken down?

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the X710BT and the mic was included in the package.

Not yours? Or has it broken down?

Never had one. The guy I bought it from kept telling me he had it, but with my hectic work schedule I haven't been able to get back with him to get it. It's been about a month now and my truck is starting to come together so I figured I'd just order the IR remote thing and the mic to complete my system.

Also I wanted to ask, if I download your updated mod will it be compatible with Abb's V5 or should I flash my hard drive and install it fresh? I think I've finally got his mod working (completely) but I had to flash my hard drive to do it.

Also I wanted to ask, if I download your updated mod will it be compatible with Abb's V5 or should I flash my hard drive and install it fresh? I think I've finally got his mod working (completely) but I had to flash my hard drive to do it.

Those are completely compatible. The only requirement for both mod is Pioneer Firmware 3.x.

Of course, you still have to delete the "\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo" to get rid of saved data, if you wish, only if you ran into problem.

Just follow the directions put out in the first post. On my next update, I will make it even simple to copy my mod to the AVIC so all you have to do is copy mine or copy abb's.

Hey Chuck,

I'm interested in using that "stealth mode" you mentioned but I'm not sure if "Carver's Navigation Nag Screen Killer" was installed with Abb1's V5 or if it's a separate hack/mod I need to find and install.

I am improving my “STEALTH MODE“ my upcoming release.

Carver's hack consists of 4 files that are located in My Flash Disk/APL folder, and they are provided with Abb1's V5 stored in that very folder, but you can use it without problem with my mod (even with the Tel.exe hack), as this is what I am doing right now in my AVIC.

So you don't have to install it if you already copy those files from Abb's mod.

• 4 weeks later...

I am considering include the following applications in my next update:

•  
  • Notepad
  • Calculator
  • Images Viewer (slideshow)
  • PDF Viewer
  • MS Excel Viewer (up to 2003)
  • MS Word Viewer (up to 2003)
  • MS PowerPoint Viewer (up to 2003)

cw_applications2_menu-26f4689.jpg

Any interest on those applications?

I am considering include the following applications in my next update:

• Notepad
  • Calculator
  • Images Viewer (slideshow)
  • PDF Viewer
  • MS Excel Viewer (up to 2003)
  • MS Word Viewer (up to 2003)
  • MS PowerPoint Viewer (up to 2003)

cw_applications2_menu-26f4689.jpg

Any interest on those applications?

The top three sound good....the bottom four sound like WORK!!!!

Looking forward to your next release...

Since last weekend, I was working on fixing the AVOIDANCE function of the mod.

After testing many mods (abb1, misterblue, IDT, diaftia's), correct me if I am wrong, my understanding is that NONE of the mods in this forum is functioning correctly on this matter. When you bring up the AVOIDANCE menu and issue a command (avoid xx KM of the current road, avoid street or avoid maneuver), it will NOT be taken by iGo and nothing will happen. One exception if you are entering the first segment of the calculated route, because the issued command remains valid versus the current segment position index content.

If I can succeed, this will help people wishing to use this AVOIDANCE feature, which is a MUST addition to a navigation software. I think that every commercial GPS device has this feature operational, so I don't know why Pioneer got rid of it in the factory iGo setup.

Chuck88 - maybe you can add this set of games; I saw it running on the Russian mod.

Gamebox Classics

PDAmill Game Studio

The second link is an explanation of what is included in the CAB file, right? But I thought those are trials and you should end up by paying them, right?

If so, there is always a way to reset the trial counter though. :mrgreen:

The second link is an explanation of what is included in the CAB file, right? But I thought those are trials and you should end up by paying them, right?

If so, there is always a way to reset the trial counter though. :mrgreen:

Correct. I'm not sure how long the trial does last tho...

Chuck88 - maybe you can add this set of games; I saw it running on the Russian mod.

Gamebox Classics

PDAmill Game Studio

I tried that in Emulator, although it installed just fine, it crashed when I tried to launch the GameBox. Here is the crash.txt report:

At 0x01d93888: Exception 0xc0000005

So I guess it is a no go ... :angry:

I see that you have Abb's Mod V4.0. Did you try to install and play with it (with the explorer launched, double-clicking on the .CAB file, then click on Start->Programs->Games->GameBox Classic).