AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hi Chuck,

Do you think there is a way to have an icon a way to turn the whole screen off(screen off) to the map screen,. As for now, we would have to press the menu button, then the setting then screen setting and then screen off. The current configuration takes too many steps to achieve. Hope you can add this to the next version if you have time.

It is there already: on the map screen, pressure the "Start Menu" button on the lower-left corner, press the button just over the EXIT button, then press the invisible lower-left corner again. Voila!!!

Yeah, after second thought, it is still too many presses, 3 in total! People uses this feature in a rare occasion ...

I can have a longpress on the button just over the EXIT button to accomplish SCREEN OFF, Is this OK?

I can also have it in the application menu ... minimum would be 2 clicks.

BTW, did you tried the MAP OPACITY or STEALTH feature?

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is there already: on the map screen, pressure the "Start Menu" button on the lower-left corner, press the button just over the EXIT button, then press the invisible lower-left corner again. Voila!!!

Yeah, after second thought, it is still too many presses, 3 in total! People uses this feature in a rare occasion ...

I can have a longpress on the button just over the EXIT button to accomplish SCREEN OFF, Is this OK?

I can also have it in the application menu ... minimum would be 2 clicks.

BTW, did you tried the MAP OPACITY or STEALTH feature?

Thanks once again Chuck. I remember you had posted that screen off now. Thanks for the recall. I think the current setup is fine if everybody knows how to. I would prefer it on the application menu instead of a longpress because it wouldn't be easy to hold down the longpress while driving.

I also read your whole post from start to finish without getting yelled at by the wife today. It was always bits and pieces before. Anyhow, I couldn't find out how this map opacity/stealth feature work?

Thanks once again Chuck. I remember you had posted that screen off now. Thanks for the recall. I think the current setup is fine if everybody knows how to. I would prefer it on the application menu instead of a longpress because it would be easy to hold down the longpress while driving.

I also read your whole post from start to finish without getting yelled at by the wife today. It was always bits and pieces before. Anyhow, I couldn't find out how this map opacity/stealth feature work?

You click on "Start Menu button", Map Menu, 4th icon first row, then you select the level of opacity for the map display ... in case you find your LCD is too bright under some circumstances.

You can also start with the Stealth Mode under the Custom Menu, if you don't want to have a super bright LCD once started your car (remote starter etc).

Try it and you will know how it goes ...

You click on "Start Menu button", Map Menu, 4th icon first row, then you select the level of opacity for the map display ... in case you find your LCD is too bright under some circumstances.

You can also start with the Stealth Mode under the Custom Menu, if you don't want to have a super bright LCD once started your car (remote starter etc).

Try it and you will know how it goes ...

Chuck, this is a good feature. The earth icon feature is also excellent due to it's quick access. This pioneer unit is continually improving with all the mods. I've noticed if I close all menus, under the task manager except the main menu, that I can't press on the map button and reopen it once it's closed. I would have to turn off and on the unit. However, I also noticed that the main menu features were much more quicker than when the map is opened.

Chuck, this is a good feature. The earth icon feature is also excellent due to it's quick access. This pioneer unit is continually improving with all the mods. I've noticed if I close all menus, under the task manager except the main menu, that I can't press on the map button and reopen it once it's closed. I would have to turn off and on the unit. However, I also noticed that the main menu features were much more quicker than when the map is opened.

The main menu is just a shortcut to the iGo nav, and it doesn't launch the iGo nav if it was closed by the task manager, and this nothing can do to remediate it. The link will not even work after you launch the EzRider.exe again after closing iGo. This is how WinCE works.

First time loading the nav screen is rather long and unresponsive to commands, just like your Windows PC rigth after it booted up.

:mrgreen:

The main menu is just a shortcut to the iGo nav, and it doesn't launch the iGo nav if it was closed by the task manager, and this nothing can do to remediate it. The link will not even work after you launch the EzRider.exe again after closing iGo. This is how WinCE works.

First time loading the nav screen is rather long and unresponsive to commands, just like your Windows PC rigth after it booted up.

:mrgreen:

Thanks for the lesson on windows pc's. This v3.0 is still the best yet.

For anyone in the UK who can't get the TMC working,make sure you have the right version of sys.txt installed.I changed mine and now all is good.Please note that chucks download includes various sys.txt files so make sure you have the right one!PS Chuck do you know you can't receive PM'S?

For anyone in the UK who can't get the TMC working,make sure you have the right version of sys.txt installed.I changed mine and now all is good.Please note that chucks download includes various sys.txt files so make sure you have the right one!PS Chuck do you know you can't receive PM'S?

Woww, what's a catch! Thank you ovalball for sharing this info :razz: .

Can you remind me again what are 746UC, 746EW, 749UC and 749EW?

I don't know how come I can't receive PM in this forum, it was working before. Could you administrators please check it out? Thanks.

type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500

;type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500

;type="PIONEER746CA" ; CA F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749CA" ; CA F500

The above are the various sys.txt files.If you have a F900 and you are based in Europe you would select type=746EW.Hope this helps :D

hey Chuck, i tried sending you a pm but how do i get the smart zoom setting to stay fixed. every time i turn on the car its back to tilt 70-80 instead of the last setting i put it at of 75-85? also i have all the car options but how do i get it to replace the arrow. thanks

For the smartzoom issue, I think that you didn't use my sys.txt. If you have smartzoom settings in sys.txt, then it will override the one you selected.

You have to use 3DCars application to select a 3D car under the Application Menu (from Start Menu button).