AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

I never modified anything because I dont know how to, but if you recall on your previous build you mentioned that you knew the maps was blue and it was something that you would revert back to green in your upcoming update

On my previous post, I just forgot that there is a setting and I updated it since then. Please reread it here: Edited Post.

If still not working, I would delete the configuration folder under "\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo" in TestMode v2.3, and restart the AVIC.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this updated v3.1 mod. This one rocks with the smarttrack feature! You can also turn the lcd screen off by pressing the 1st icon on the top left corner if you have the earth icons on. Then, hit the bottom left. That'll just take two steps.

It's a shame that our forum is dwindling and talented mods are leaving, like yourself. I really enjoyed your mods and wish you the best of luck. I'll continue to use your mods until you return someday....

Well, I am still here ... in fact, I am working to smooth the SmartTrack map level changing, instead of setting the next level right away with huge step, it will gradually smooth down to it. Work great on my AVIC now, I will do more testing before releasing it because the algorithm behind it is fairly complicate, especially when navigation is ON, so stay tuned.

Hey Chuck,great news you haven't gone into retirement just yet!!Always look forward to seeing your work,you should be very proud of your efforts.

It has been more than a year that I am around and contribute to the community, but eventually someone has to pickup the works and continue the tradition. I am doing less and less modding to the iGo software these days, because of the lack of time, and also in part, the lack of interest of all those downloaders but NOT subscribers.

You can expect that my next update to greatly improve my SmartTrack feature would be the final update.

Oh yeah, I have to thank you ovalball, I enjoy very much your company around this forum. :rolleyes:

Well, I am still here ... in fact, I am working to smooth the SmartTrack map level changing, instead of setting the next level right away with huge step, it will gradually smooth down to it. Work great on my AVIC now, I will do more testing before releasing it because the algorithm behind it is fairly complicate, especially when navigation is ON, so stay tuned.

Excellent! We will be more than glad to test or let you know with the next release. I have avic411/mods on my favorite, so I'm usually on here twice a day, sometimes more. Welcome back.

Hey I went through the setting you said but didnt see a configuration folder

The configuration folder is \My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo, so go to \My Flash Disk\User\UserData and delete the iGo folder.

I just deleted that folder but the signs are still blue, that is a blue screen frame with the freeway name in green is that how you wanted it or is the sign suppose to be green?

Did you change the Regional Settings->Map Preference back to "US"? US is green frame and UK is blue frame.

On my first post of this thread, you can see in the middle of the bunch of images, one of them are showing two highway signs in GREEN.

Let me know.

Yes I did check and its selected as us and it has been like this since your last 2 builds

Yeah, I think I know what it is ... it is a left-over from a previous build v2.8x, and you've unknowingly put the file under it (laneinfo_xxxx.yyy), which was a patch for the european users.

Please delete the folder named "ui_pioneer" under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo", and bingo!