AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Where did you find the .cab files for the office viewers? I had a rough time trying to find .cab files that work with this version of CE :(

There is no CABby for installation for those viewers. I extracted them from a download and put all .EXE and .DLL into one single folder under Extension\, maybe 30 files or so, and just call the .EXE files and they work.

You can either wait for my next release to obtain those files or if you can't wait I can try to find it over my hard drive.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mod, with v2.80. I was very impressed with the fluidity and non-errors. Outstanding! I do also agree with the apps from the previous posts. The pdf viewer may be useful at times, as well as the word and excel. Do you think we can add epocrates (www.epocrates.com) as one of the icons. I would take out a lot of the extra medcalculators and just keep the cholesterol and maybe medmath and cardiomath and delete the other medcalculators to save memory. I would love to have this software on our pioneer units. This would be the ultimate verson! If not, maybe you can show me how to load an icon onto one of the screens so I can add it on myself. Thanks in advance.

Great mod, with v2.80. I was very impressed with the fluidity and non-errors. Outstanding! I do also agree with the apps from the previous posts. The pdf viewer may be useful at times, as well as the word and excel. Do you think we can add epocrates (www.epocrates.com) as one of the icons. I would take out a lot of the extra medcalculators and just keep the cholesterol and maybe medmath and cardiomath and delete the other medcalculators to save memory. I would love to have this software on our pioneer units. This would be the ultimate verson! If not, maybe you can show me how to load an icon onto one of the screens so I can add it on myself. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your nice words. Even after getting some many downloads, I still do this for myself. I fixed lot of issues from my baseline mod, and add many new features that I use everyday to simplify my life with the unit. But there is no such thing as bug-free software, I know many issues from previous mods that I can't get them fixed, like the AVOIDANCE command, which does not work in any of the available mods in this forum.

Just to give your people a status on the AVOIDANCE issue, to increase the cursor position, my script couldn't detect at this time a segment of route shorter than 10 meters (or 10 feet, depend where you are), and could advance the cursor if the waypoint indicates "entering a new city". But this do not impair at all the navigation, as it is not working at all in any of the mods in this forum, anyway. Instead of remaining in the position 0 of the first segment, my script will get you at or closer to you current position. Sorry I know that many of you don't have a clue as on what I am talking about. Otherwise if any of you have a hint, please let me know. :grin:

As for your Epocrates RX free software for Windows Mobile, bear in mind that we have Windows CE 5.0 here, so there is no guarantie that it is going to work. You can try to boot to TestMode and try to install it. If it does indeed work, send me a copy by PM me and I will see from that point on (I don't want to register). :blink:

I will release my v3.0 very soon, with more handy features for the navigation.

Chuck.Any idea when you will be able to have your next update available please?Things have been that quiet on here lately and I for one am desperate to get to grips with it :D Wonder where everyone has gone.

I have it ready since a long time ago, just lately I want to address the AVOIDANCE MENU related issue, but without 100% success up to now, but still better than before. I am working to ease the burden for those that who use this feature (I do), which is lacking (or not working) from every AVIC mod or this forum, the original Pioneer iGo included.

I am also lazy to post it because, simple put, with exactly 249 downloads today of all my previous versions, no one even cares to give me comments, feedback or bugs report (I don't believe that my mod doesn't have any bug!!!). Lack of interest, so you get the point! :blink:

I would say give me up to the next weekend of so.

I have it ready since a long time ago, just lately I want to address the AVOIDANCE MENU related issue, but without 100% success up to now, but still better than before. I am working to ease the burden for those that who use this feature (I do), which is lacking (or not working) from every AVIC mod or this forum, the original Pioneer iGo included.

I am also lazy to post it because, simple put, with exactly 249 downloads today of all my previous versions, no one even cares to give me comments, feedback or bugs report (I don't believe that my mod doesn't have any bug!!!). Lack of interest, so you get the point! :blink:

I would say give me up to the next weekend of so.

OK Chuck thanks for your reply.Can't really explain the lack of interest in regard to no feedback.I for one appreciate the work that all the modders carry out on behalf of others.I am afraid that the lack of replies may drive(no pun intended)all the modders away if they think they are not been appreciated.Thank you from the UK

In my AVIC, it is running fine, except when select HELP from the application, it will freeze. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, anybody else have this problem, like abb just mentioned?

Please folks, affirmative or negative, please let us know. :shock:

Great mod! The off button is nice, but we should have the bottom left screen or somewhere else for quick access to the radio for the next update. I do like the double tap feature to bring up the icon names, very nice. I like the previous home screen better since we're used to it. I think I'll stick with the v2.8 for now. Overall though, both versions of the pioneer is so much better compared to when I first got this unit. Thank you so much. Thanks for emulator too. It's a useful tool.