AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Thanks for the info Chuck. Sorry so late, I guess I didn't have it set up to e-mail me for this post (fixed now). I'll have to try that when I get off because I'm at work now posting from my phone. Couple things tho, I would like to try my hand at this modding thing so I want to know how I would change the color of the "screen off" clock to blue instead of green? If there is a post somewhere explaining in detail how to mod files to change things on the unit PLEASE post a link as I would REALLY love to give that a shot. I have been experimenting a little bit with other completed mods on here ( Abb's, yours, and most recently Diaftia's) but I would like to try and personalize them a little to go with the "theme" of my suburban. I've been reading ( A LOT ) and see everyone talking about WHAT they did but not really HOW they did it. I noticed that my flash disk still had all the files from all of you guy's/gal's mods. Common sense tells me that that's not good, but being a novice I figured I should ASK before I start deleting stuff:) The one major problem I had was when I tried setting the night scheme to valley moon ( I think ) it gave me a fatal error and shuts my navigation off. Have to reload the mod again to get pas the loading screen.

Sorry about the book just VERY curious about how this is done.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have lot of time now but during the weekday would be better. For now, use WinRAR to open the DATA.ZIP and open the file called navigatemap_800_480.ui and find the following code:

<TEXT CW_txt_Time template=xtxt x=160 y=80  w=480 z=20 font="TAHOMABD" align="center"  glowsize=1 fontsize=130 color=#000000 color2=#00FF00 textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" visiblemodel="gps.current_time.valid" dayperiod=1 fonttype=bw >
 	<TEXT CW_txt_Date template=xtxt x=160 y=200 w=480 z=20 font="TAHOMABD" align="center"  glowsize=1 fontsize=130 color=#000000 color2=#00FF00 textmodel_date="gps.current_date" formatmodel="local.dateformat" visiblemodel="gps.current_date.valid" fonttype=bw >

Then edit the color2=#RRGGBB, where RRGGBB is the color composition, and RR is the hexadecimal number for RED, and GG for GREEN and BB for BLUE. For instance, the true BLUE color would be color2=#0000FF (i.e. FF=255).

Yeah, color is the main inside color, and color2 is the border color, and you can control the glowsize too.

Now rezip the file back to the DATA.ZIP archive, then upload it back to the AVIC under iGo\.

Good luck and later!

( hands rubbing together in eager anticipation)

Thanks chuck, sounds kind of complex but that only makes for a more rewording achievement. Can't wait to give it a try, and learn more ( like how to switch my current "screen off" with yours). Whenever you get time. I'll let you ( and everyone else) know how it turns out.

Thanks

( hands rubbing together in eager anticipation)

Thanks chuck, sounds kind of complex but that only makes for a more rewording achievement. Can't wait to give it a try, and learn more ( like how to switch my current "screen off" with yours). Whenever you get time. I'll let you ( and everyone else) know how it turns out.

Thanks

You will see, it is really not that hard, only if you have time :cool: .

Update:

Thanks for the info Chuck, I managed to get the color I wanted and also get the globe behind the time and date as in your mod but I was wondering if I had to alter more text to get it to react the same as it does in yours? I touch the globe and it goes away (good) then I press the lower left corner and it takes me back to map instead of blank screen. Then I click "Screen Off" again and no globe this time, and one touch takes me back to the map again. I'm altering Diaftia's Hybrid V3.4 mod a little. Any ideas what I'm missing? Also, if I should be asking these questions elsewhere please let me know (still a noob and don't want to upset anyone).

Thanks in advance for any advice :mrgreen:

Oh and still getting that fatal error when I try and add a night scheme to the map too :(

Update:

Thanks for the info Chuck, I managed to get the color I wanted and also get the globe behind the time and date as in your mod but I was wondering if I had to alter more text to get it to react the same as it does in yours? I touch the globe and it goes away (good) then I press the lower left corner and it takes me back to map instead of blank screen. Then I click "Screen Off" again and no globe this time, and one touch takes me back to the map again. I'm altering Diaftia's Hybrid V3.4 mod a little. Any ideas what I'm missing? Also, if I should be asking these questions elsewhere please let me know (still a noob and don't want to upset anyone).

Thanks in advance for any advice :mrgreen:

Oh and still getting that fatal error when I try and add a night scheme to the map too :(

Not sure what are you trying to do, and with which mod ... since you're talking about Diaftia's v3.4 ... if you're changing only the color of the date and time, nothing else should change in my mod.

The night mode fatal error might also be related to your answer.

Hey Chuck, sorry for the confusion and delay ( I've been VERY busy working on my system in my truck)

I had installed Diaftia's hybrid mod and I was trying to change his "screen off" look to yours. I opened both Data zips and found both your "blank screen" and his "screen off" and tried changing his to yours via copy and pasting. I ended up getting the look but the operation (touching the globe to make it disappear etc.) wasn't right. Still reading and searching, but as others have said, without being able to "emulate" (I think) on my desk top it's difficult to see if I've got it right until I load it up.

Hey Chuck, sorry for the confusion and delay ( I've been VERY busy working on my system in my truck)

I had installed Diaftia's hybrid mod and I was trying to change his "screen off" look to yours. I opened both Data zips and found both your "blank screen" and his "screen off" and tried changing his to yours via copy and pasting. I ended up getting the look but the operation (touching the globe to make it disappear etc.) wasn't right. Still reading and searching, but as others have said, without being able to "emulate" (I think) on my desk top it's difficult to see if I've got it right until I load it up.

What you really need is an Emulator on your desktop. Please take a look at the Wiki section of this forum, there is an WinCE 5.0 Emulator. I have it installed on both Windows 7 and Windows XP without a glitch.

I previously helped a fellow forum member and exchanges can be found here: Emulator.

Good lucks!

Chuck,

You've come a long way since I was last on. Looks really nice.....especially all the new icons. Keep up the good work.

Thanks N-S-E-W for the kind words!

Yeah since a while didn't see you around, and this forum misses you indeed. Thanks for start lending an helpful hand again :razz: .

Since you gave me so much insight i will try yours first however this is my first time trying this so i have not ever upgraded my soft ware nor backed up my software however i know you dont have time to explain to me how to do all that although if would be awesome but i will do some reading until friday and give it a show saturday but based on your pics your look great. i will ask if you dont mind me asking do you have any tips for a first newbie like myself so it will me a smooth process?

The best way is read and read, as everybody here in this forum when they started. After all, if you brick it, it is your AVIC.

The first thing that you need is the Pioneer Firmware v3.0x and up. What AVIC unit do you have?

After that, just read carefully the first post and follow by the letter, and you are good to go! :razz:

You can ask if you do have specific question, but all the steps are there for you.