AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Chuck, home now and still nothing but a quick DOS screen. I have installed the emulator. The emulator.exe file is in C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0, and I also moved the nk.bin file and igo folder (renamed to "igo-chuck88") inside C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0 as well. Did I misunderstand something or do something wrong?

I know this was exactly what Abb was talking about as far as not being able to follow directions :oops:

I also changed the ".bat" file to "RUN_AVIC.BAT" and edited to "C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\DeviceEmulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /c nk.bin /sharedfolder "iGo-Chuck88" and still when I double click on it I get a quick DOS window that goes away before I can read it, then nothing else happens.

Hello love the interface..... two quick questions one how do i get the cloud background like in your pix? The system only let me use telemap and not navteq and i see on you pic also you have the gas station icons ect how do i apply that on my gps?

1) There are 4 popup icons menus, Settings, Navigation, Map and Applications. From the Map popup, there is an icon for the map color, click on it and change to other scheme (if all my files are installed).

Please search for schemes to know more.

2) On the Applications popup, there is an icon (green with earth) that you can press to switch between Navteq and TeleAtlas maps. Before proceeding, you have to make sure that two folders are created:

Either "map" and "map_nt",

Or "map" and "map_ta"

under the CONTENT folder, and that there is at least one valid FBL map file is stored.

Please search "map changer" for more details.

Ok Chuck, home now and still nothing but a quick DOS screen. I have installed the emulator. The emulator.exe file is in C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0, and I also moved the nk.bin file and igo folder (renamed to "igo-chuck88") inside C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0 as well. Did I misunderstand something or do something wrong?

I know this was exactly what Abb was talking about as far as not being able to follow directions :oops:

I also changed the ".bat" file to "RUN_AVIC.BAT" and edited to "C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\DeviceEmulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /c nk.bin /sharedfolder "iGo-Chuck88" and still when I double click on it I get a quick DOS window that goes away before I can read it, then nothing else happens.

The file should be called "DeviceEmulator.exe" and not "Emulator.exe". At this point you are closed. Open a command prompt by shift-right-clicking on the "C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0" and manually run the "RUN_AVIC.bat" file, now you will see the error message! :grin:

Thanks! No sure understood what you want though ... are you talking about the nav nag screen fix found here: Nav Nag Msg and Tel.exe fix

I will consider include that in my next update. :rolleyes:

Great where do i place that file also it would be nice if you was able to change the main menu screen and add the fuel economy app but thats just my opinions

Great where do i place that file also it would be nice if you was able to change the main menu screen and add the fuel economy app but thats just my opinions

All the 3 or 4 files, and the Tel.exe should replace the original files in \My Flash Disk\APL. Don't forget to make backup of the original files first!!!

The Fuel Calculator application can be accessed from two different locations in my mod, one of them is the Application Popup, the other is in the Trip Computer Screen footer.