AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did some hunting and finally found the answer I was looking for. Chuck this mod looks awesome I thank you. diaftia I appreciate all the work you have done also. I made changes that needed to be made adjusted font to fit and added a few minor color changes on some things if interested I will send you my fixed Data.zip as well as my image.res File that cleans up both NAV and AV with some Blue colors.

#12 diaftia

Established Member

Just make sure you are using a mod that polls elevation with "gps.elevation" and not "navigation.current_altitude.number_text". Otherwise you will see no difference. whuch is located in Data.zip File. ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui I changed all 3 references and Now it works awesome.

Join my new AVIC facebook group to show you are a fan of the AVIC!

http://www.facebook....gid=42760514227

MultiQuote

Glad that you have it up and running, finally!

I will try the "gps.elevation" thing later. Do you mean that you no longer need the fixed EzRider.exe if you modify the navigatemap_800-480.ui file?

Thanks.

Glad that you have it up and running, finally!

I will try the "gps.elevation" thing later. Do you mean that you no longer need the fixed EzRider.exe if you modify the navigatemap_800-480.ui file?

Thanks.

From what I have experienced I don't need it. I would have to test with the non-hacked EZRider File. While traveling in Higher Elevation. I am in a low altitude area on vacation so it will be 2 weeks before I can test.

From what I have experienced I don't need it. I would have to test with the non-hacked EZRider File. While traveling in Higher Elevation. I am in a low altitude area on vacation so it will be 2 weeks before I can test.

gps.elevation will work to show feet up to a mile. See this thread : http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/18571-post-your-max-elevation-display/page__st__15

I believe if you're in area with elevations over one mile you'd need carver's hack.

gps.elevation will work to show feet up to a mile. See this thread : http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/18571-post-your-max-elevation-display/page__st__15

I believe if you're in area with elevations over one mile you'd need carver's hack.

I don't seem to be able to find it ... which carver's hack are you talking about? Are you talking about the 2nd hacked EzRider.exe?

Thanks!

I don't seem to be able to find it ... which carver's hack are you talking about? Are you talking about the 2nd hacked EzRider.exe?

Thanks!

It's been so long I thought it was carvers hacked ezrider when it was dpdurst who modified a already hacked ezrider for elevation. Here's his download http://gpssoftware.us/avic/30/ezrider_alt_mod.zip

I don't know what version it's for or what else it may have other the ability to add new maps and report elevation in feet. Remember though, that you still need to change the code in the data.zip to gps.elevation.

Here's a couple links as well:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/24974-elevation-in-feet-this-a-solution/page__p__185835__hl__%2Belevation+%2Bezrider__fromsearch__1#entry185835

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/24248-dpdurst-30-mod-v15-final-updated-102009/page__p__179282__hl__%2Belevation+%2Bezrider__fromsearch__1#entry179282

Thanks! :cool:

Diaftia's mod provides the hacked EzRider.exe for elevation fix for download, don't know if he changed the scripts to gps.elevation though ...

All of those threads are dated 2009, not sure, so I might as well not to mess with it. :???:

But, if it is only simple as to change all occurrences of "navigation.current_altitude.number_text" to "gps.elevation" in the scripts and use the elevation hacked EzRider.exe?

Thanks! :cool:

Diaftia's mod provides the hacked EzRider.exe for elevation fix for download, don't know if he changed the scripts to gps.elevation though ...

All of those threads are dated 2009, not sure, so I might as well not to mess with it. :???:

But, if it is only simple as to change all occurrences of "navigation.current_altitude.number_text" to "gps.elevation" in the scripts and use the elevation hacked EzRider.exe?

I have tried 20 different EZRider Files and unless you change chucks file from navigation.current_altitude.number_text" to "gps.elevation" it will show Miles I have traveled over 3500 miles in the last week and it works awesome. Again Thanks Chuck.

I have tried 20 different EZRider Files and unless you change chucks file from navigation.current_altitude.number_text" to "gps.elevation" it will show Miles I have traveled over 3500 miles in the last week and it works awesome. Again Thanks Chuck.

I will make the change in my upcoming release to the gps.elevation.

Number1Guru, so which EzRider.exe file you're using for the showing of fts when pairing with "gps.elevation" (is my understanding correct???)? Can you PM me a copy so I can include it in my release?

Thanks.

I have been using Chucks smart track during my trip through France which is currently up to 1200 miles.The smart track function has performed flawlessly and has really helped to get me through some unfamiliar villages with ease.Thanks Chuck for helping my holiday travel a lot easier than usual :smile:

I have been using Chucks smart track during my trip through France which is currently up to 1200 miles.The smart track function has performed flawlessly and has really helped to get me through some unfamiliar villages with ease.Thanks Chuck for helping my holiday travel a lot easier than usual :smile:

Thanks ovalball for your feedback. So I'm ready to push out my latest, and I am sure you will love it, with my usual attention to details.

Cheers! :razz: