AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

File size is 16.4mb.

Sorry for the big pic size. Just right click and open in new tab.

I suppose that is day and night. Looks good! I have been thinking about looking into a themechanger so that you can switch those on the fly. We'll see.

Wow, didnt notice this update...

I know its a long shot, but i have always wondered if its possible to have a split screen mode like what is found in the 04+ Yukon Denali factory/Delphi/Eclipse navigation systems. Here is a pic of it:

avn6620.jpg

Basically, on the right bottom of the screen, it lists your current street. Above that it lists the distance of the next turn, the direction of the turn, and the name of the street. Then above that, it lists the next 2 turns. And when you are close to the turn, the right side of the screen changes, to show you the lane assist picture thing.

For example, if the exit has 2 exits on it, it will have an overlay picture of the exit and will draw a line on which lane to take when the exit splits into 2 different directions

That would be a quite useful split screen. I hope someone figures that out.

That would be a quite useful split screen. I hope someone figures that out.

The data exists as a route list, the problem is it doesn't update. If you go into route itinerary its there but its static unless it has to recalc the route for any reason.

I just installed this tonight. Wow, amazing.

Is there a shortcut to change day/night mode like there used to be in 2.3 when you held the map icon?

Not currently. I will look into it for the next release. I am running out of things to make buttons. ;)

Hi Diaftia,

have been on your 2.3 for ages, and now you being back and all is just great. I went thorugh the motions with this 3.1 and 3.2.1, and there is something that is, well bizarre

I very much like your idea of having one version for us and europe, where you can switch between roadsigns. But there already was a quirk in 2.3 (version edited by Merten3000) which still is there in 3.2.1: when selecting to have the Euro freeway signs, and the blue background, this only works on the freeways. On the intersections / ramps / changers or whatever you want to call them, they always revert to green. Past this intersections they go back to blue.

Something else I have noticed: the roadsigns (traffic jam and so forth) do change to Euro, but when I use the large blue signs, these seem to revert back to US, even in the TMC display.

Anyway, thanks for the effort you put in to create this work of art :$

Weo

Is there a way to get back to the Win CE shell using the run app method?

Also, another menu item missing is a setting to change the repetition in TTS. I usually only want to hear one instruction per maneuver but if i'm out of town sometimes it's good to have more instructions.

Every time I mess with v3 I find another menu item, I don't think there's much you can't change by clicking a few buttons. What does AutoKarta do?

Hi Diaftia,

have been on your 2.3 for ages, and now you being back and all is just great. I went thorugh the motions with this 3.1 and 3.2.1, and there is something that is, well bizarre

I very much like your idea of having one version for us and europe, where you can switch between roadsigns. But there already was a quirk in 2.3 (version edited by Merten3000) which still is there in 3.2.1: when selecting to have the Euro freeway signs, and the blue background, this only works on the freeways. On the intersections / ramps / changers or whatever you want to call them, they always revert to green. Past this intersections they go back to blue.

Something else I have noticed: the roadsigns (traffic jam and so forth) do change to Euro, but when I use the large blue signs, these seem to revert back to US, even in the TMC display.

Anyway, thanks for the effort you put in to create this work of art :$

Weo

Man I drove around all day with blue signposts and euro signs on. In route and not in route. Not once did I see green signposts. Is there any thing specific you can tell me to reproduce it? Maybe even a video recorded of it? I have never heard anyone mention this so it's pretty odd.

Is there a way to get back to the Win CE shell using the run app method?

Also, another menu item missing is a setting to change the repetition in TTS. I usually only want to hear one instruction per maneuver but if i'm out of town sometimes it's good to have more instructions.

Every time I mess with v3 I find another menu item, I don't think there's much you can't change by clicking a few buttons. What does AutoKarta do?

Have you seen this feature on the avic's before? I know they are chatty which is why I put the default mute in there. If that feature exists I would love it and probably put it in and turn it on by default. :)

AutoKarta shows you the difference between two routes if it recalcs because you take a different turn. As far as I can tell its kind of useless. I need to look into it more to make it useful I just havent yet.

Man I drove around all day with blue signposts and euro signs on. In route and not in route. Not once did I see green signposts. Is there any thing specific you can tell me to reproduce it? Maybe even a video recorded of it? I have never heard anyone mention this so it's pretty odd.

Will try to make a video of it, although it will only show the change of colour, nothing else seem to change.

I know you don't live in Belgium, but one spot I am certain of is when I switch from the A12 to the R0 around Brussels (Belgium). Although I have seen it on lots of other intersections too, this is one I take almost every day. This junction around Brussels is a clover-leaf interchange (a 4-way interchange in which inner loops are provided for left turn movements and direct outer connections for right turn movements). As soon as I get onto the interchange, technically I am no longer on a motorway. Perhaps that is the reason the software treats this differently.

As for the other quirk: do you have any idea as to why the traffic signs revert back to US when I switch on Large signposts?

Weo

Go into the regional settings and set the traffic mode to MSN.

Sounds like you have a deeper system issue with the BT. Might try holding the reset button and eject button for 5 seconds to do a full reset. Otherwise start a thread in the troubleshooting section.

Thanks for the heads up about the traffic mode setting.

Yeha, I've been battling this BT issue with 2 different Avic's (F500BT and now x910bt). I had posted a thread in troubleshooting before, but everyone blamed my phone even though the problem occurs with ANY phone. I'm so fed up with this thing and Pioneer's useless tech support, I'm about to turn it into a wheel chock.

... I know they are chatty which is why I put the default mute in there. If that feature exists I would love it and probably put it in and turn it on by default. :)...

If you are able to comment out lines in scripts on the fly, you can comment out the lines like "Drive..." or "Prepare..." in commands.csv within the Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip file

Or have a various versions of the Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip file and switch between them.