AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Well I did jump to soon... Bluetooth isn't working.

I do not know what broke the tmc in the EU sys.txt. I just copied the US version over it and TMC worked.

The extra tmc screen still stays, but somehow it looks a bit different.

I'm going back to my backup and start from scratch...see where it goes wrong.

Just delete the save files and BT should start working.

Do this... start over by installing from my installer selecting the EU option (so you get the proper speedcam files). Then go into the SD card and grab the US sys.txt. Reboot and set the traffic option to TMC. See if things work. They should. Bluetooth stops working when MSN is started on TMC units.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

newbie question from canada

V3.3 is sublime

when I did the install I chose the default location one (US) even though I live in Canada ... And I did get Canadian maps installed.

So what is the difference between install option #1 and #3 ?

(btw I did buy my 910 in the states )

thanks

PS just made a small contribution on PayPal .... And encourage everyone to do the same to great work!!!

Just delete the save files and BT should start working.

Do this... start over by installing from my installer selecting the EU option (so you get the proper speedcam files). Then go into the SD card and grab the US sys.txt. Reboot and set the traffic option to TMC. See if things work. They should. Bluetooth stops working when MSN is started on TMC units.

nope...Bluetooth is working fine now...TMC isn't anymore...

I will look into it some more tomorrow.

nope...Bluetooth is working fine now...TMC isn't anymore...

I will look into it some more tomorrow.

Sounds like you might still have the wrong sys.txt. If you didnt do things correctly the installer will copy over it. Make sure you exit out of the copy screen (once its done) or now just cancel the installer and do not select an option. Once to the desktop navigate and get and copy the correct sys.txt.

Alex

newbie question from canada

V3.3 is sublime

when I did the install I chose the default location one (US) even though I live in Canada ... And I did get Canadian maps installed.

So what is the difference between install option #1 and #3 ?

(btw I did buy my 910 in the states )

thanks

PS just made a small contribution on PayPal .... And encourage everyone to do the same to great work!!!

Thanks for the donation Nicholas! Always greatly appreciate! Glad you like the mods. :)

Option 1 and 3 are different in the files that it copies. The device settings in sys.txt that it copies as well as it does not install speedcams files (since none are present for me yet for Canadian users). If you have those files on your unit I would love to get a copy. Other than that they are the same. I do not include maps so what you are seeing is the maps you already had.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi 1st post

I bought new car on Saturday with f900 in it and found this site which has been great. So far I have updated with fx3.1

then installed your 3.3 tonight. Only issue I had was green box at end which isn't mentioned but seemed to install ok.

My question is is there a guide to what does what. I keep finding cool screens and switches but can't find them again lol. I have read all this thread but must admit I haven't checked the v2 thread if there is a guide there ?

Thanks for work and ill donate once I can use it

Cheers

Howard

Hi 1st post

I bought new car on Saturday with f900 in it and found this site which has been great. So far I have updated with fx3.1

then installed your 3.3 tonight. Only issue I had was green box at end which isn't mentioned but seemed to install ok.

My question is is there a guide to what does what. I keep finding cool screens and switches but can't find them again lol. I have read all this thread but must admit I haven't checked the v2 thread if there is a guide there ?

Thanks for work and ill donate once I can use it

Cheers

Howard

There isn't at this point. I know that I need to write something up. Its just I usually spend my time coding. I put the recommended stuff in the first thread to kind of help out a bit.

Just remember that almost any button in the quick menu can be changed by a long press of that button. Almost every item on the main map screen has two features (long press and short press). From there you will find a little reward in hunting and finding stuff. ;)

I will try to get something soon. At this point I am through a large set of features I wanted coded. I will see what I can do.

Alex

Sounds like you might still have the wrong sys.txt. If you didnt do things correctly the installer will copy over it. Make sure you exit out of the copy screen (once its done) or now just cancel the installer and do not select an option. Once to the desktop navigate and get and copy the correct sys.txt.

Alex

I'm lost... this morning I've used the installer to install the EU version. OK'd out of the copyscreen. Then manually copied over the US sys.txt. Then reboot and adjust the appropriate settings.

- bluetooth working

- TTS not working, needs to switch to some other languages first before it works

- TMC not working

exactly what does the different sys.txt do?

I just compared the sys.txt from your 2.3 mod whith the sys.tx from your 3.x mod.

Why are the tmc lines different for the EU version? in the 2.3 version it says:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

in the 3.x version it says:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

Edited by jabberwock

I got this -

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

[interface]

skin="ui_pioneer"

default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Red Day"

default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Red Night"

show_kml_type=0

mapfontscale=200

[local]

voice_key="Eng_uk_f1"

default_language="english GB"

I got this -

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

[interface]

skin="ui_pioneer"

default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Red Day"

default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Red Night"

show_kml_type=0

mapfontscale=200

[local]

voice_key="Eng_uk_f1"

default_language="english GB"

and with this your Bluetooth AND TMC AND TTS works?