AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

Hello,

I try to understand the basics of the things on this forum and of the Pioneer units.

I have read a lot of threads and post, but still have some questions. I hope, someone can explane them to me (even when I maybe have overlooked the answers in the other posts).

I have an avic-f930bt

I did not do any mods so far.

The only thing I have done, is run the hackmode v2.21 once and I am now able to start in the WindowsCE desktop and look through the folderstructure.

Now I am wondering:

- Am I right, that de hackmode did some changes to my Pioneer unit?

- Is it right, that the NAND folder is the same as the user folder, mentioned in a lot of the posts?

- I see the next structure on my Pioneer unit:

• Application Data
  • Documents and Settings
  • My Documents
  • NAND
  • NAND2
  • Network
  • Program Files
  • Recycled
  • Temp
  • Windows

In the NAND folder, I find a PRG0 and a PRG1 folder.

- Is it right, that the PRG0 is the original Pioneer folder and PRG1 a folder, modified by Hackmode?

- If I start up in the Hackmode, does the unit than startup in the PRG1 folder and if I startup normally, that the unit than will use the PRG0 folder?

I did not make any changes myself, but if I would like to go back to the factory settings-software, Do I only have to remove the PRG1 folder, or are there any other changes to the unit, made by Hackmode?

I have made now a backup of the unit (axcept the NAND2 folder with the maps). Do I now have a valid backup of the factory structure, or are there already changes, made by Hackmode?

I hope, the questions are not that dumb :-)

But I realy would like to be sure, before I do any changes.

Tnx!

Branko.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... if I would like to go back to the factory settings-software, Do I only have to remove the PRG1 folder?...

NO. PRG1 is 100% real pioneer's folder and it have to be on your device.

Sorry but you have wrong ideas about your pioneer file structure. I suggest you - do not mess with files and folders yet, unless you clearly understand what you are doing, and keep reading especially post #1 here.

Hello Ralpharn,

Thank you for your answer. I will not touch any file or folder before I am 100% sure of what I an doing.

If I Don't succeed in understanding it,I will not change anything on the unit.

The only thing I did, was running the auto installer hackmode 2.21

In the prg1 folder I also found the hackmode folder, so I thought, maybe is this the modified folder, because the prg0 folder does not have that sub folder.

I will keep on reading, but any extra explanation would be appreciated

bnwgraaf,

I would suggest doing alot of reading of these forums if you want to understand things. Yes the information is all over the place, but nobody is getting paid to maintain this in a wiki or blog, so it's just forum info - but the info is still here. It will just take time and patience to understand things.

Use the search feature. Example, the first hit for a search for "prg1 prg0" turns up a thread where there are suggestions to try.

The cliff notes: there are two alternate "program" directories on your avic. PRG0 and PRG1. The unit can boot the application (APL) out of either one. Usually one is current (latest) version and the other one is the previous version. You can tell which PRG you are booting into by looking for a file called PRG.FLG in USER. If it is NOT there, then you unit boots APL in PRG0. If it IS present, then your unit boots from PRG1. Sometimes the hackmode/installers get confused on this, and can mess this up.

Look at the EU090APL.HTM in each PRG folder to see which version is there.

Example after updating, the current PRG has:

[2009 Navigation Application Release Record]

20120521 9:52:51

Product : AVICZ110

Release File : APL

Release Version : 4.010000

Release Machine : BUILDL09

Hello to everybody:

I've being reading a lot through this fantastic AVIC411 forums, and still haven't found a way to get a full backup of my F920BT unit.

I have tested everything posted on this forums and I couldn't get control on my unit to copy or paste, only the automatic ScriptExec.ini works fine.

Modifiing the ScriptExec.ini file supplied by Condis in his 2.21 version I could get a copy and backup of my USER folder.

COPY -c USER SD\BACKUP

With that I got the complete USER directory copied on My SD card in the BACKUP folder previously created empty.

I would like to use this method to get a full backup of my unit but my problem is how do I get a list of main folders in the root directory, I can gess that it can be something like bnwgraaf has posted before

• Application Data
  • Documents and Settings
  • My Documents
  • NAND
  • NAND2
  • Network
  • Program Files
  • Recycled
  • Temp
  • Windows

In my unit the USER directory exists and is not listed in the bnwgraaf relation repeated above.

Can anyone help me sending me, or posting here, the root directory of the AVIC-F920BT ?

Question Two:

I've also found inside this forums links for 2012 maps for Europe, and the CNSD-310FM for US and Canada. The question is: are they equivalent ?, Does the CNSD-310FM have more contents than the maps, such as firmware updates?

I am interested in European version of the CNSD-310FM.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

simbad88.

So in "scripting" testmode, it has access to only: USER which corresponds to NAND (flash disk 1) and NDATA which corresponds to NAND2 (flash disk 2). The rest of windows is part of a more or less dynamic image that is loaded fresh on each reboot from a non-visible part of flash where the OS image is.

So "taking" a backup is usually copying the entire USER (or NAND) structure.

USER is where the application files (PRG) and settings (RW, SYSTEM, SETUP, etc) are.

NDATA is where the maps/pois are (this is big, several GBytes)

You can take a backup of both if you have a big enough card, but if you have access to hackmode then you can use something like explorer or better: totalcommander to do the copy to SD/USB (as it would be faster.)

CNSD-310FM (or now called "2012 Navigation software upgrade.....") is OS and application (aka firmware) updates plus Map/POI updates for a given region. The OS and application are not model/region specific, but the maps are.

So because of this, the CARDINFO.cif in an update is configured to target only specific models for a given region (like US/CAN vs EU vs AU).

The best would be for someone to share the actual CNSD-310FM/EU update, otherwise, it would be forcing a US update on an EU unit (by editing cardinfo.cif), then manually replace NDATA with backup from f940/f40 from same region - which I dont recommend.

Edited by pionara

hello all,

i am new and i have an AVIC-F940BT i a Dacia Duster.

is it the real self device as x940BT ?

can i user the Condis`s Hackmode ?

i so happy to find this site.

???? i want start automatic from SD Card the Total Commander for win ce on the F930BT.

i need help ...

beast regards

R-S-B

I'have F10BT looked

after update with cnsd-210fm (SD1) sd wrong card 99% load. i'can solve the problem with this hack

Thanks Andrea

0. I'm not sure how you could fix it with Hackmode. Might make the problem worse since so many people are trashing their /USER/PRG files installing it. Better off using TestMode and File manager - there is no file modification of the NAND required to use it. There's just no GUI in Testmode.

1. Wrong thread. Your problem is a CNSD210FM installation issue. This is a Hackmode thread.

2. This is a common problem and the question has been asked and answered dozens of times in the F series and Z series forums. You just need to read more. Hint, try using a PC to extract the SD files (if you are using a Mac) and/or try a different freshly formatted fat32 SD.

If that doesn't fix it - please post your follow-up questions in a thread regarding CNSD210FM. Mainly so others with the same problem might find it and not have to ask the same question again.

hello all.

were can i find the superhackmode ?

i have the F930BT

the testmode condis 1.4 cant copy and paste.

the buttons are not aviable.

wath can i do.

the autonatic hackmodus from condis are dont work to.

no copy function.

best regards

rsb

hello all.

were can i find the superhackmode ?

i have the F930BT

the testmode condis 1.4 cant copy and paste.

the buttons are not aviable.

wath can i do.

the autonatic hackmodus from condis are dont work to.

no copy function.

best regards

rsb

Grab the file in this post, put it on the root of your SD card and you will have super test mode.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35253-advanced-puzzles-testmodekey-scriptexecini/

Hello condiczek

can i use your automatic hackmuduzs install with the supertestmode.key to copy on my AVIC-F930BT ?

i have test the 1.4 version with supertestmode.key

the copy and Past button are on it.

i have copy / make an Backup from User and Ndata

ndata is from 201 / like the F940BT

i have buy the update last time.

can i start from sd card exe files ?

thank you for your infomation.

mfg

RSB

just purchased a used unit, not knowing how complicated this is.... well, the screen is locked, only displais the "enter code" meno, but cannot select any numbers/keys. only function is the eject button. basically i think it is completely locked up. i tryed saving the file on this post on an sd card, but im not getting any response once inserted into the head unit. any advise or am i doing something wrong? used unit with a 42hr warranty to test. perfect looking condition, but cannot use....