AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just purchased a used unit, not knowing how complicated this is.... well, the screen is locked, only displais the "enter code" meno, but cannot select any numbers/keys. only function is the eject button. basically i think it is completely locked up. i tryed saving the file on this post on an sd card, but im not getting any response once inserted into the head unit. any advise or am i doing something wrong? used unit with a 42hr warranty to test. perfect looking condition, but cannot use....

http://avic411.com/i...ed/#entry257354

you may need to adjust the instructions to match your current software version

also, if you are getting password startup prompt, you need to recover or delete the password:

boot into testmode

remove or view: USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY\PASSWORD.DAT (not exactly sure of the name - i think this is it)

So in "scripting" testmode, it has access to only: USER which corresponds to NAND (flash disk 1) and NDATA which corresponds to NAND2 (flash disk 2). The rest of windows is part of a more or less dynamic image that is loaded fresh on each reboot from a non-visible part of flash where the OS image is.

So "taking" a backup is usually copying the entire USER (or NAND) structure.

USER is where the application files (PRG) and settings (RW, SYSTEM, SETUP, etc) are.

NDATA is where the maps/pois are (this is big, several GBytes)

You can take a backup of both if you have a big enough card, but if you have access to hackmode then you can use something like explorer or better: totalcommander to do the copy to SD/USB (as it would be faster.)

CNSD-310FM (or now called "2012 Navigation software upgrade.....") is OS and application (aka firmware) updates plus Map/POI updates for a given region. The OS and application are not model/region specific, but the maps are.

So because of this, the CARDINFO.cif in an update is configured to target only specific models for a given region (like US/CAN vs EU vs AU).

The best would be for someone to share the actual CNSD-310FM/EU update, otherwise, it would be forcing a US update on an EU unit (by editing cardinfo.cif), then manually replace NDATA with backup from f940/f40 from same region - which I dont recommend.

Hi

I have an F10-BT upgraded to F30-BT (Europe) and would like to have it upgraded to F40-BT, but if understood correctly that's not at all straight forward.

From what I can see on the Pioneer website http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/AVIC-F30BT/page.html#download_278 they state that "From July 2012 map updates are provided by the NAVTEQ Map shop."

Could this mean that there won't be a CNSD-310FM/EU ?

Has anyone had success in making an upgrade with components from the CNSD-310FM/US mixed with the map files from the NAVTEQ update, to have both software and maps upgraded?

Regards,

OT

From what I can see on the Pioneer website http://www.pioneer.e...ml#download_278 they state that "From July 2012 map updates are provided by the NAVTEQ Map shop."

Could this mean that there won't be a CNSD-310FM/EU ?

Has anyone had success in making an upgrade with components from the CNSD-310FM/US mixed with the map files from the NAVTEQ update, to have both software and maps upgraded?

No. That is the CNSD-310FM/EU update. They are just marketing it as something slightly different (2012 update). It is "supereasy" to upgrade.

Yes. It's discussed frequently in the US version of F-series forums (X and Z).

sorry to ask, i get confused and have problems reading TOO much info.

I have an Z140BH, on the original firmware from 7 months ago.

is the 2.21 autoinstall all i need to do? or do i need to update firmware to newer one first?

thanks

hoping for a reply to this. thanks

It seems to me that if you have to ask this question, maybe you shouldn't be installing Hackmode in the first place. But, since you asked: you have a Z140, so you have the latest firmware for it already.

I'd recommend booting into (super)TestMode and making a backup of \USER before installing Hackmode (2.2?) since it has trashed many units - including mine. After that, I decided I didn't need it anyway.

Although it was not the first time I inserted Condi's Hackmode this time ended up with "There is no applicable program" It was after I updated to 4.010 Any solution to this? If I insert DVD the music on it starts... I only wanted to copy a testmode folder to SD but by mistake I took Condi's...When I realized it was too late.

post-69629-0-70683200-1353451032_thumb.jpg

It's alive again. What I did was restoring from update files PRG directory renaming it to PRG0. What I don't know is why there are PRG PRG0 and PRG1 and there is also prg.flg in user folder. Anyone knows if I can delete PRG?

I have same problem: "There is no applicable program" It was after I updated my x930bt to 4.000 and to 4.010... I put an update again and unit works again. Than I trid to reinstall hackmode again and got same error. Dear Condi can you please check what's going on?

To get it to install with 4.0, you can modify the ScriptExec file...

After the Installation will start in 5s and Sleep 5000 lines, add the following:

COPY -c USER\PRG0\APL\Av.exe SD\PRG0\APL\Av1.exe

COPY -c USER\PRG1\APL\Av.exe SD\PRG1\APL\Av1.exe

This will backup the current AV.EXE to your SD Card.

Then before the REMOVE USER\PRG.FLG file add the following:

REMOVE USER\PRG0\APL\Av1.exe

REMOVE USER\PRG1\APL\Av1.exe

COPY -c SD\PRG0\APL\Av1.exe USER\PRG0\APL\Av1.exe

COPY -c SD\PRG1\APL\Av1.exe USER\PRG1\APL\Av1.exe

You will need to create the directory PRG0\APL and PRG1\APL on your SD card before running this!

What is happening, is when the script runs, for whatever reason, it actually recopies the AV.EXE (Hacked version) back to AV1.EXE. This forces it to put AV1.EXE back to stock AV.EXE.

I have attached a copy of my file for you. You can either edit your existing one or use the one I have attached.

Hope this helps!

ScriptExec.zip

On F940BT ...sombady test it? I use Condi's HACKMODE v2.21 - AUTOINSTALL ,now i am in windows interface mode...but i dont konw what to do next.

For security reason i back up all the Nand and Nand 2 files,if sombady need's that file i will be hapy to help (send'it).All i wish is to upgrade my maps on this device.

940 is latest model, with latest 2012 maps. There are no upgrades besides the minor update to 4.01 on pioneer website, but that is just a few bug fixes.

hackmode is so you can run your own apps, or whatever on the unit.

I have seen too many people have trouble with hackmode - so would suggest you stay away unless you know what you are doing and what you really want to accomplish.