AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly new but old to this forum. I'm in the military and I've had my z110 since 09'. I've been overseas a couple time so the only upgrade I've made was from 1.000 to 1.001 if I'm not mistaken. I've read through most of the forums but they all seem to reference upgrading to a 14 from 120 or 130. so my question is, how do I go from the free firmware upgrade offered through Pioneer to the 140 software without any issues and is there a link to the software download?

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up fellas. New guy here!

First I want to say awesome work guys! Its amazing what can be accomplished if minds are put together like what has happened here. I cant wait to see what the future holds for these mods/hacks!

So im kind of embarrassed that im going to be asking for help on my first post but I cant figure out what I did wrong or what happened. My Z130 is stuck on the rear view camera and will not get off that screen. The radio plays and I can adjust volume and stations but that is all. I originally had it set to display the rear camera at boot up which would explain why that is the first screen that pops up but now its stuck there. 

Ill explain the steps I took to screw my self

I downloaded Condi's HACKMODE v2.21 - AUTOINSTALL.zip

extracted to a folder and then passed everything over to an SD card. 

inserted the SD card into the Z130

everything went smooth and my unit rebooted asking if i wanted to enter hacked mode.

i entered hacked mode and just browsed through everything.

i removed the SD card, placed it back in my computer and copied all the files from the autoinstall.zip back into the sd.(no clue why i did this)

inserted SD back into Z130 and it went through the whole hacking process once again.(oops)

it all went smooth again and the unit rebooted asking if i wanted to enter into hacked mode.

i entered hacked mode and messed around with it again but nothing was changed or altered.

i removed the SD card and rebooted the unit

unit rebooted but got stuck at the rearview screen.

its now stuck there and nothing i do will kick it out of that screen.

so does anyone know what could have happened? is there a way i can get out of the rear view screen? Is there a reset button on the unit somewhere that i can just press and reset everything? or is there a way i can re-install factory firmware and settings to start the unit fresh?

I hope someone out there can help as i use my unit mostly with bluetooth streaming ipod and pandora. hope i didnt screw the unit up. i would really hate to have to listen to the radio only from now on :(

Thanks in advanced!

well i ended up fixing my problem. since i did not have a backup i spent around an hour reading threads on here hoping to find av.exe with no success. what i did was i downloaded the firmware update from pioneer and located av.exe in the update. transferred it over to my sd card and then transferred it to the unit. problem solved.

now, can anyone point me to instructions on what all you can do by hacking/modding the avic units? can we get rid of the annoying warning screens?

• 2 weeks later...

well i ended up fixing my problem. since i did not have a backup i spent around an hour reading threads on here hoping to find av.exe with no success. what i did was i downloaded the firmware update from pioneer and located av.exe in the update. transferred it over to my sd card and then transferred it to the unit. problem solved.

now, can anyone point me to instructions on what all you can do by hacking/modding the avic units? can we get rid of the annoying warning screens?

There's this for starters: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35523-remove-caution-nag-screen-bypass-hack/

You'll need a hex editor though. I haven't had a chance to try it yet since my Z150 doesn't seem to want to boot into test/hack mode so far.