AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

If you would have read the many many many many many many many many many many posts made about v2.21, you would have never touched it. This thing screws up units.

Try to put a PRG.FLG file in the USER folder. If there's already one, try to remove it.

ADMINISTRATORS:

Are any administrators in this forum reading this?! Please add a SERIOUS warning about the dangers of v2.21 and strongly suggest readers to use v1.4 instead or, hey, remove v.21 completely! We're the ones stuck with helping users who fell in the trap of using v2.21.

How to turn back to normal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed v2.21 (before reading the full 66 pages of this thread) to try to fix the broken bluetooth firmware on a F9220BT.

After I read some of the warnings about v2.21 I immediately made backups of all the files and looked further for a fix for my bluetooth.

Following the instructions on this <a href="http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37407-2013-eu-update-f30-f930-f9310-f40-f940-f840-f8430/?hl=%20f920bt%20%20bluetooth">thread</a> the system updated successfully and I now have working bluetooth.

As others have said, v2.21 doesn't really allow you to do anything you can't do with Testmode.

While I was looking around for a solution to my original problem I noticed that the firmware update package from Pioneer for my unit was pretty much exactly what was on my "untouched" (by v2.21) PRG1 folder. A suggestion to return to factory settings would be

1. Backup the USER files with v1.4 (it's easier with the radio buttons than with a stylus and WinCE anyway) 

2. Delete the contents of PRG0

3. Obtain the latest update firmware from Pioneer

4. Decompress the archive and copy to PRG0

If that doesn't work, check if the PRG.FLG file exists and if it does delete it.

I installed v2.21 (before reading the full 66 pages of this thread)

This is why I keep asking the administrators to add a huge "WARNING" sign right next to the download link of v2.21 because people won't bother reading about all the dangers of it later.  They'll download thinking "Well, the latest version must be the best!" and they'll come back here crying saying their unit is screwed up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used it and had no problems getting my pass word but I didn't do it the way he said to do it. You can go in where the pass word is and dump it and it will show the pass word for you with out doing all the extra stuff and I didn't delete anything.

all you got to do is load the hack on sd card like he says go to file manager > user > system > security > password and do a text dump and your password will show up on the screen.