AVIC411.com

Condi's HACKMODE v2.2 - AUTOINSTALL! working also with F40BT, X940BT etc! [updated: 27.09.2012]

Hi All, I have the AVIC F20BT Australia model and had version 2.003 (APL Program 3.001000) on my unit. I downloaded Condi's HACKMODE v2.21 - AUTOINSTALL and unfortunately bricked my unit. I then restored it by copying the one folder (with the larger filesize Navi.exe) and this kind of saved the unit. The map search function did not work after this and my 2011 map did not install (as I suspect that the registry has already been updated with the details). In my exploration today I had some severe finger-trouble and deleted the STARTUP folder of my unit. So, now it displays the Pioneer badge, and luckily I can control the radio from my steering controls, but that is about it. 

A couple of points: 

- I am not a pro to this kind of thing, but that does not mean that I am illiterate. PLEASE DON'T think you are the cat's whiskers and take me out for exploring, yes, I do not know everything, but if you have criticism, keep it to yourself, you are not helping.

- When I loaded the Autohack I did not have a back-up of the folders and everything on the unit as I did not expect my unit to be bricked. Again, the latter part of the top sentence refers if you have nothing nice to say.

I am thus humbly coming to the post as a last resort and requesting help:

- Does anyone have any sound and un-condascending advice, please?

- Does anyone have a backup of their Aus unit that I could beg off them to restore my unit?

- Have anyone played with eliminating the NAV NAG SCREEN on Aus units as yet?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. 

Yep, bricking units is what v2.21 usually does.  I have no freakin' clue why they keep it available.  We keep telling people to stay away from it, but when they come here, it's usually because it's too late.

When I ran v2.21 and also screwed up my unit, I solved the problem by simply deleting the PRG.FLG file.  You might want to try that.

I did the anti-nag nav screen and it works great (x930bt).  Can't live without it :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, bricking units is what v2.21 usually does.  I have no freakin' clue why they keep it available.  We keep telling people to stay away from it, but when they come here, it's usually because it's too late.

When I ran v2.21 and also screwed up my unit, I solved the problem by simply deleting the PRG.FLG file.  You might want to try that.

I did the anti-nag nav screen and it works great (x930bt).  Can't live without it :)

Thanks Lyverbe. 

I did exactly that and that is where I had the finger-trouble and accidentally deleted the STARTUP folder.

If I may, you (Lyverbe) or anyone else, can you please check what files are in the Startup folder and let me know? I will see if I can then replicate this folder and put it back on the unit - maybe I will then be able to get somewhere at least.

Thanks for helping out...

Need help my system in rendered useless. I applied condi's 2.2 auto install to my z110bt upgraded to z140 and now it gets stuck on a message that states " There is no application Program"

Please help !!

...and here's another one...

Download and "install" v1.4 the same way you did with v2.21.  After taking a backup of it, try deleting the file PRG.FLG located in the USER folder and reboot the unit.

Administrators

If it can't be fixed real soon, get rid of that bloody v2.21

How do you access WinCE on the z110bt ?? And also can you place the files there you need to change such as the platform version. I applied a z140bt upgrade and my unit currently still has the look of a 130bt even though in the service screen it states 4.0000. When i boot into test mode the platform version states 3.0000

• 4 weeks later...