AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shove it up my ass like your politely told me in private? Remember you are a guest here. Not nice to piss off people who keep this site going ;)

It's ok though, I don't take to heart slams at myself, because I understand the mentality of children who ride around in cars bought with daddy's money.

So I'm watching this topic for replies and I keep checking back to see that these guys are just fighting... geesh get over it guys, it's not like you HAVE to be right about your points all the time.... Stop hating and get back on the topic or take the bickering somewhere else!

March is just a week away, oooh I can smell my preordered AVIC-D3 coming down the road by truck right about now!

That feature is pretty sweet, actually if any of you guys haven't seen it in action yet then you should watch the video on youtube that shows it off a little... Just go to youtube and search for avic-d3, it should come up.

Also wanted to say that Crutchfield is listing the D3 again, which probably means the release is nearby. T, I hope you're right about next week!!!

Interesting video on YouTube.

I did not see him mention anything about connection to another video unit, such as rear seat display - or in my case the rear mounted 42 LCD flat screen.

I know it has the jacks for it, and in talking with the CarToys guys, they are pretty sure it will work. It's one of the main reasons I am going with the D3.

I stopped there today and they are going to be selling it for 999.00

I'm reluctant to purchase sight unseen at this point as I still don't know how they will get around the emergency brake issue. I have heard that Pioneer may have defeated the false grounding, or switch method.

What do you guys think? Should I take the chance and pre-order? I would consider Chrutchfield, but I think with an install like this I would be better off with someone who has some experience.

This is where I want to see it play:

2460955250032186888yPqXHl_th.jpg

This is where the D3 will be installed:

2334396580032186888yDEOmD_th.jpg

The video screen above is the rear view and side cameras display unit

The onscreen GUI can be one of five different colors.

The buttons can be like 32000. You get eight from the factory and three you can preset by adjusting the red, green, and blue settings from the other choices. I have a screenshot from a training we were given but I am not sure they are real shots so I won't bother to post.

It also has anti-theft code system now. Something I didn't remember from that video

And certain movies you can just touch the buttons on screen rather than using the crosshairs like other Pioneer units