AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puddle Pirate, I would go with crutchfield since they have that nice 30 day "test drive" return policy. That gives you time to try to install and get around the brake issue, and I believe they will even pay for return shipping if you decide to send it back!

Oh, and it's cool to hear that dvd buttons in menus will work with the touchscreen in movies that support it.

Puddle, also checkout the other thread in this section about it being listed on crutchfield for a 15% discount code that you can use when buying 3 Pioneer items over $50.

I've added all the items to my cart, applied the discount, and printed it out. I plan on bringing it to a local Sound Advice and see if they'll price match it. Just a suggestion to save you a few bucks.

Puddle Pirate,

It looks like you are working with allot of room.

For the back seat TV i think it would be easier and not cost allot more to just do a dvd player in the rear and if your have it in the rear the passengers wont be messing with the D3 in the front.

I considered that. However, all the satellite dish functions, home theater stereo speaker system and DVD functions for the flat screen run already through a switching unit up front and to the Magnadyne M9900DVDS system. This makes install much easier as everything is right there without having to reroute cables.

I already installed a DVD player for the bedroom flat screen TV. It is also hooked so that the satellite dish will work back there as well, but relied on the front DVD player

Puddle, also checkout the other thread in this section about it being listed on crutchfield for a 15% discount code that you can use when buying 3 Pioneer items over $50.

I've added all the items to my cart, applied the discount, and printed it out. I plan on bringing it to a local Sound Advice and see if they'll price match it. Just a suggestion to save you a few bucks.

Car Toys gave me a 10 percent discount as they have an installer agreement with the Ford dealer I bought my truck from. They agreed to give me the discount, even though it is the motor coach they will be installing on and not my truck - which was pretty good of them! Don't have the install cost yet, but, it should cost around what it cost on my Ranger with the D2. The installer did a very professional job and I watched him do the install of my D2 on the Ranger. Very knowledgeable guy!

Well, It sounds like the D3 release to the public and availability is just around the corner! I can't wait myself... How about if we start a new thread when the first D3 gets into the hands of one of us here... we could post price paid, store bought, where, and stuff like that to help others with their purchase experience. Thoughts anyone?