AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At $999, you may as well buy it from a local big box store and get their warranty. Then they have to cover the packaging, shipping, etc. if it breaks. If you buy it from crutchfield, you have to pack it up and get it to them. If a store installs it for you, they have to remove it and re-install it for warranty work. Nobody can really tell you if your D3 is going to be fine or not, its a crapshoot

sorry for going off topic but

I placed an order for the D-3 at abtelectronics.com for $930

However since my D-1 crapped out on me after a year, should I consider buying from crutchfield for $999 + $79 for the 3 year extended warranty? or would I be fine?

Very true, the few we have here do though, but they're through some shody 3rd party insurance company. "NOW Warranties" I think was the brand of the brochure they gave me...

I guess I'm a gambler, I've never purchased an extended warranty and luckily, haven't needed one yet... Probably because I don't keep stuff long enough. :(

Is Sound Advise an on-line store or do they have a web site? If not, do you know where they are doing business? Maybe a phone #?

Sound Advice is owned by Tweeter. You can do a store search by hitting "Store Locater" on the website and it will pull up any Tweeter or Sound Advice stores depending on where you live.

AVIC-D3 is not listed on the website yet. And the D2 is listed at $1399!

http://www.tweeter.com/home/index.jsp