AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

The D3 is not that great has lost for what i have read it does not have no more>>>>>>>>>Background Picture- Import Custom BG Pictures- Selectable Angle -3D Highway Exit Zoom View- Display Mode - Twin Map View- DVD Control -Independent Rear A/V Source Control does not have nothing of that lucky i have not got it but i like the 5 colers change it has :?:?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The D3 is not that great has lost for what i have read it does not have no more>>>>>>>>>Background Picture- Import Custom BG Pictures- Selectable Angle -3D Highway Exit Zoom View- Display Mode - Twin Map View- DVD Control -Independent Rear A/V Source Control does not have nothing of that lucky i have not got it but i like the 5 colers change it has :?:?

Well the background is the nav menu which you can color yourself, I'd guess thats why theres no custom background image functions. Twin map would have been cool. But, really? No DVD control or rear A/V source? That sounds off to me. How can there be no DVD control???

rpo, some of those claims are definitely inaccurate.

Page 17 of the installation manual shows that you can install a secondary (rear) display. There may or may not be seperate controls for this display, but I haven't been able to get a hold the owner's manual yet to look for hints on this though.

No DVD Control??? Have you looked at any of the d3 promotional videos from CES?? They're shown all over the place in that video. In fact, the video playback is better than any previous pioneer nav unit because it supports DivX and ipod video in addition to dvd video.

I also thought I previously saw a picture or video of the d3 which showed the actual menu screen that has the button to change the background.

wow what happened to the english language? :roll:

... but I haven't been able to get a hold the owner's manual yet to look for hints on this though.

Wow, you REALLY don't like to browse the forum do you? See my post here:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

LOL paisan, actually it's not that I haven't seen that thread... It's just that due to a road trip I took, I'm accessing the net this weekend on a Verizon BroadbandAccess card. Unfortunately, I've been in a rural area so I had to download the installation manual (1.5 MB) at 2kb/sec. Things are loading up REALLY slowly here :( I decided to wait till I get home before downloading the 6 MB owners manual. I'll be there late tonight though, can't wait to check it out.

Ok so I'm riding in Richmond VA now which has full broadbandaccess so I was finally able to get the file!

Okay, so "3D Highway Exit Zoom View- Display Mode - Twin Map View" - Are you sure you're not talking about the Driver's View mode with the map view mode on the right side, as shown on Page 37? Also, check out the intersection close up feature on page 38 and the freeway exit view on page 39.

So it looks like all of these supposed missing features are included.

cd-ub100 USB control

Can I use this with the following items also connected on the D-3:

Sirius tuner

12cd changer

Ipod cable

I may just return the 12cd changer and get the ub100 and an external hard drive if that will do the trick. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to use it with the changer, ipod, and sirius. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any/all info!

You can use it but it will show up as an external source. That usually means it works like crap. Can't be sure crappy until someone actually hooks it up though

cd-ub100 USB control

Can I use this with the following items also connected on the D-3:

Sirius tuner

12cd changer

Ipod cable

I may just return the 12cd changer and get the ub100 and an external hard drive if that will do the trick. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to use it with the changer, ipod, and sirius. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any/all info!