AVIC411.com

xm and sirius going out of business - true or false

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the little doggy. And I can't imagine where Sirius would be right now without Howard and the listeners he brought over. Probably in Chapter 11.

I've read quite a few analysts' stories,and yes Howie did bring a significant amount of subscribers over to Sirius, but that was a year ago. The last quarter's growth in Sirius was not because of HooHoo, but because of the NFL. I truly believe NFL and Nascar saved Sirius, HooHoo is just dragging it down.

For the fourth consecutive quarter, Sirius led the satellite radio industry in net subscriber additions, capturing 61 percent of total satellite radio net additions in the third quarter...."

You do know that Sirius counts unactivated radios as subscribers, right?

His $$$ also does include certain salaries and production costs for Howard 100 and 101. He wouldn't have made 589,000,000 alone without those two ridiculously large bonuses. Oh well, not our money and I am happy he is there for me to listen to while flipping from channel to channel when XM gets me stuck in traffic

I can't see where they can justify $589 million for a DJ. The satellite radio business must be very lucrative, indeed.
Both companies have dishonest subscriber numbers. XM counts the free preview that comes in new cars with factory XM, whether they intend to continue the service and actually spend money on it

You are quite wrong my friend. Read the Yahoo stock boards or whereever. XM counts active subscriptions. Yes even the free ones that OEM's gave free for a few months. As Jason said, Sirius counts unactivated tuners, especially in OEM cars as they sit in the lot unsold. To Sirius, an unactivated radio sitting in a box still counts as a subscriber because "one day someone will buy the damn thing".

He wouldn't have made 589,000,000 alone without those two ridiculously large bonuses..

Youre right, it would have been only 500,000,000 without the bonuses. Which is still WAY too much for a "washed up has been" DJ since that's what Howie used to call satellite radio DJ's.

Oh well, not our money and I am happy he is there for me to listen to while flipping from channel to channel when XM gets me stuck in traffic.

Thats cool with me. Just don't believe everything you hear on Sirius 100 or 101. Of course he is going to say exactly what makes him and Sirius sound good. Like we always say here, search is your best friend. Google.com will enlighten you, not someone who doesn't care about the fans anymore. just money.

Thats exactly my point. Its not a Subscription if it came free with the car and you may or may not use it. To subscribe to something requires you to pay for it, which isn't happening with a huge amount of OEM radios.

I don't believe everything on 100 and 101 and only know so much because I own stock in both companies.

And since your so fond of google searches and a sirius expert, how come you never mention that Howard's 100 million per year includes production costs? Howards salary for the five years is only 150 million total. Everything else is stock bonuses. I'm not saying that they didn't overpay, but I for one hope he hits every subscriber bonus in his contract because that means their number is going up, which makes me money.

Keep rooting for XM because that makes me money too, but don't believe everything you read on XMfan.com

You are quite wrong my friend. Read the Yahoo stock boards or whereever. XM counts active subscriptions. Yes even the free ones that OEM's gave free for a few months. As Jason said, Sirius counts unactivated tuners, especially in OEM cars as they sit in the lot unsold. To Sirius, an unactivated radio sitting in a box still counts as a subscriber because "one day someone will buy the damn thing".

He wouldn't have made 589,000,000 alone without those two ridiculously large bonuses..

Youre right, it would have been only 500,000,000 without the bonuses. Which is still WAY too much for a "washed up has been" DJ since that's what Howie used to call satellite radio DJ's.

Oh well, not our money and I am happy he is there for me to listen to while flipping from channel to channel when XM gets me stuck in traffic.

Thats cool with me. Just don't believe everything you hear on Sirius 100 or 101. Of course he is going to say exactly what makes him and Sirius sound good. Like we always say here, search is your best friend. Google.com will enlighten you, not someone who doesn't care about the fans anymore. just money.

Lately, the damn XM Navtraffic gets me stuck in traffic and I listen to Sirius until I get home. Ironic isn't it?
No, not really. I would have to call it expected. Pioneer's navigation system was substandard in the first place. Why would adding an extra layer of complexity help it any?