AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

I think that you don't need to minimize any application, but only execute Show ("NAVI") will bring back Primo and hide other running application behind, which is the intent.

In my end, I started modding my v3.3 MOD and have implemented the auto-timer to launch Primo, if this option was selected from the Custom Settings menu.

I have carver's hack for the nag message so whenever I start my AVIC, it automatically gets into the map screen, and the 15-second visual countdown timer starts. You will be able to press the timer anytime to stop it, and change the setting if wish. A longclick will launch Primo without waiting for the end of the 15s countdown.

My only problem now is that once I launch MainMenu from Primo, I have no easy mean to go back to Primo. Your hack with the AEKMap.exe has only one thing working: Menu button. The reste is not working for me.

But because I have carver's hack so I have an option: the only way that I've found is to go into the System Settings, open Explorer or Show Taskbar, then click on the "NAVI" label on the bottom to bring back Primo; or use scripts or shortcuts from the "Start Menu" when launching Primo from my Mod v3.3. Works fine but not user-friendly.

Unzip the attached file in your iGo folder and overwrite all your existing modified .UI files. Go to Custom Settings to select Primo as the "Start Nav App" (still ongoing and it has to be renamed later though).

ui_pioneer.zip

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The menu looks identical to the Russian mod. I'll bet they modded it to Italian. I tried the Russian mod yesterday and it would be hands down the best mod... if I was Russian. So far as I know no one converted it to English yet. Any idea where to find the mod in the video?

I think that you don't need to minimize any application, but only execute Show ("NAVI") will bring back Primo and hide other running application behind, which is the intent.

In my end, I started modding my v3.3 MOD and have implemented the auto-timer to launch Primo, if this option was selected from the Custom Settings menu.

I have carver's hack for the nag message so whenever I start my AVIC, it automatically gets into the map screen, and the 15-second visual countdown timer starts. You will be able to press the timer anytime to stop it, and change the setting if wish. A longclick will launch Primo without waiting for the end of the 15s countdown.

My only problem now is that once I launch MainMenu from Primo, I have no easy mean to go back to Primo. Your hack with the AEKMap.exe has only one thing working: Menu button. The reste is not working for me.

But because I have carver's hack so I have an option: the only way that I've found is to go into the System Settings, open Explorer or Show Taskbar, then click on the "NAVI" label on the bottom to bring back Primo; or use scripts or shortcuts from the "Start Menu" when launching Primo from my Mod v3.3. Works fine but not user-friendly.

Unzip the attached file in your iGo folder and overwrite all your existing modified .UI files. Go to Custom Settings to select Primo as the "Start Nav App" (still ongoing and it has to be renamed later though).

You mean the Map button doesn't bring you back to Primo from the Main Menu? It should, it does on mine. The AEKmap will launch the "showmainmenu" mortscript file on a menu press and "showprimo" on a map press. For some reason it doesn't maximize Primo when in AV, just from the top menu (AV superseds all?). Oddly, it does go to Primo from the AV if the run explorer command is present in the CwGoPrimo.mscr. I just hate seeing explorer briefly between screen change. Make sure you are at the Top Menu screen then press Map, it will work!

Edit: Autolaunch works great, thank you Chuck!

Well, since the hard buttons are buggy we will move on to plan B until they are fixed. Copy the file below onto your unit and an icon will appear in the top right of the Top Menu which will bring you back to Primo. AEKMap is disabled, for now.

See post #85 for new files, if this was installed after Chuck's autolaunch package it will generate errors. It so, reinstall his ui_pioneer and it will work.

You mean the Map button doesn't bring you back to Primo from the Main Menu? It should, it does on mine. The AEKmap will launch the "showmainmenu" mortscript file on a menu press and "showprimo" on a map press. For some reason it doesn't maximize Primo when in AV, just from the top menu (AV superseds all?). Oddly, it does go to Primo from the AV if the run explorer command is present in the CwGoPrimo.mscr. I just hate seeing explorer briefly between screen change. Make sure you are at the Top Menu screen then press Map, it will work!

Edit: Autolaunch works great, thank you Chuck!

Good! I forgot to include the CW_icon_primo.bmp but I guessed you have it copied by yourself ...

This will be my upcoming small update v3.4 and it already includes a couple of improvements, that I forgot the details since I never thought before that I am going to release my mod again ... I will compare to v3.3 to see what have been changed or improved, when I have sometime. Once your works is in an acceptable state, let me know and I will release it. Hopefully this time will be my final mark (I just cannot keep good thing for myself) :).

However, I don't intend to support Primo even though there is a link to it. I will forward users to your thread for further support.

Well, since the hard buttons are buggy we will move on to plan B until they are fixed. Copy the file below onto your unit and an icon will appear in the top right of the Top Menu which will bring you back to Primo. AEKMap is disabled, for now.

ryar, I think that "\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\Button\button.exe" was not included in your planB.zip :).

ryar, I think that "\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\Button\button.exe" was not included in your planB.zip :).

Oops, it was already on my unit so it worked when I tested it. Fixed!

Now I am getting a FFGUI error when turning on the unit with autolaunch Primo selected. It reads:

FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier.

Identifier=(sc_CwPrimoAutoLaunch)

Script "st_navigatemap_init" command 18

Weird, it worked fine the 1st time.

Oops, it was already on my unit so it worked when I tested it. Fixed!

Now I am getting a FFGUI error when turning on the unit with autolaunch Primo selected. It reads:

FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier.

Identifier=(sc_CwPrimoAutoLaunch)

Script "st_navigatemap_init" command 18

Weird, it worked fine the 1st time.

ryar, you have to get rid of your own modified chuck88.ui and chuck88_800_480.ui, but only use mines. You probably recopied those two files over my set of files.

ryar, you have to get rid of your own modified chuck88.ui and chuck88_800_480.ui, but only use mines. You probably recopied those two files over my set of files.

Indeed I did, they were part of PlanB. Reinstalled your package and it is working. So to be clear, Chuck's ui_pioneer should be reinstalled for those who put the old planB on after. The new planB with no ui_pioneer files is below.

Removed

Well, one last update then gonna update the main download in post #1 after I test everything on a clean install of My Flash Disk. Hard button control is now optional, you can try them out by downloading the file below and launching the "HardKeyTest" through external programs (in the quick menu). Make sure to rescan programs so it shows up. It seems Primo and Pioneer don't play nice together and the buttons can only used by one or the other. If you launch "HardKeyTest" you will lose default functionality of the buttons (main volume control, next song, ect), but gain use of the buttons inside Primo. This means you can zoom/pan, the volume control inside Primo is controlled by the dial, the menu button brings you to the top menu, and the map button brings you back to Primo from the top menu. Do not use these buttons while in AV (Av Source, ect) as the AV screen stays on top off all other screens and you will experience strange behavior. Note the default use of the hard keys is restored by rebooting the unit. The soft key on the main menu is also included, which is an icon in the top right of the Top Menu screen which will bring you back to Primo.

Also changed close ("iGo8") to back to kill ("ezrider"), close didn't free up all the memory that kill does and was getting out of memory errors.

planBandButtons.rar

edit: Great, it tests OK and everything is working. Chuck, what, if anything, should I include in the iGo\extension and ui folders besides CwGoPrimo.mscr?

edit2: Make sure you have in your Primo sys.txt:

[Keybind]

xa6 = "ZOOMIN" ;Up

xa8 = "ZoomOut" ;Down

xC4 = "MINIMIZE" ;Menu

xaf = "VOLUMEUP" ;Dial right

xae = "VOLUMEDOWN" ;Dial left

xD5 = "ROTATELEFT" ;Left

xa7 = "ROTATERIGHT" ;Right

xC3 = "MAINMENU" ;Map

x8D = "ANNOUNCE" ;Middle button

ryar, thank you for your efforts by digging so far; I think your solution is viable enough for almost everybody.

Good find on the Close() vs Kill() command, I just realized the same.

The CwGoPrimo.mscr is the only file to put inside iGo\Extension, but please add Kill("EzRider.exe") in addition to the Kill("EzRider") command, because if you chose to launch again iGo8, the process name will be EzRider.exe instead of EzRider (initial process name).

I will probably tweak further my scripts to facilitate my wife's life, because she still doesn't know how to use Primo and prefers iGo8, so I will add a stop-popup-message to prompt if Primo is selected, addition to the Autolaunching feature.

---------------------------

Are you going to call the HardKeyTest.exe in the CwGoPrimo.mscr? Perhaps you should rename the HardKeyTest to something else more relevant.

Further to updating the first post (huge), can you post the trimmed version of your latest here in the post, without Primo v1.2?

Thanks.

Gentlemen, please help with GPS. Still it lasts, if it gets going and return to Priimo - still looking for GPS! What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

Do you get a GPS fix in Chuck's mod? Is the screenshot you posted in post #13 the same problem you are having now?