AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

Hi ryar,

I would like to release my mod v3.4 to include link to Primo v1.2, and give you full credits for your excellent works in the "About" screen of my mod (already there). I will also provide link to your thread so you can support users if you have time, hoping that this will bring up more traffic to this dying site (we know all that iGo8 is old stuff now).

Could you please just confirm the correctness of the settings in the attached zip file that I am currently using? It works wonderfully for me, except some audio gimmicks (screens, buttons etc).

Thanks,

Chuck.

Everything looks good Chuck, I tried it out and all is well. One thing I added to mine, if you put the line "Key2 00C3 k00C3" (without the quotations) in the Primokey.AEK file (in the AEKMap folder) a double press of the map button will bring you to the Primo main screen. There is no command for a long press in AEKMap, unfortunately.

Thanks for the props in the about screen of your mod, it is a pleasure and an honour! I remember you were mentioning retiring awhile back; I am glad you stuck around to help myself and others with getting Primo integrated into our units. I will do my best to (try) help others with issues with Primo. Cheers bud!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, just used Option 2 to load and Primo comes up, looks for GPS for quite a while but eventualy found 11. Unfortunately that never translates to the system putting me on the map... I just get a blank green screen telling me it is lookiing GPS.

The maps are there, if i do a search manually they all come up, the GPS lock on, even give me an altitude but never move me to my location on the map. I am in the UK, if i zoom right outon the map I can see that i am in Canada 8) Nice but not actually true.

Any ideas?

I have a F900 and am using Diafta's mod.

Oh no, it looks like you are having similar issues that patper is having. Perhaps this problem is common in European units with the settings files supplied. Well, maybe we can try a few things and cross our fingers. Try the following steps in order:

1. Since you have a European f900, try putting the following lines in your sys.txt file:

[device]

type="PIONEER AVIC-F900EW"

Either comment out or delete all other lines under the [device]. Also add:

[gps]

port=2

baud=9600

Once again, comment or delete all other lines under [gps].

2. Restore Primo's default settings. Restart the unit and before launching Primo, delete the "save" folder in the Primo directory. Maybe the unit is confused because it was first initialized in Canada and is now attempting to get a fix in the UK.

Patper tried some other possible solutions we suggested but he didn't have any luck. If all else fails, you could obtain a copy of Primo (1.2) elsewhere and give that a shot. Use the sys.txt from the download in post#1 and perhaps it will work. I wish I was able to a simulate issue, it would make it easier to troubleshoot. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

It also did not help ... I'm on this short .... :neutral:

I read around a bit and it turns out it could be a license problem. Perhaps the license files in the download on post #1 are outdated for the maps you are using. Try the one below (copy over Primo\license folder):

license.rar

Everything looks good Chuck, I tried it out and all is well. One thing I added to mine, if you put the line "Key2 00C3 k00C3" (without the quotations) in the Primokey.AEK file (in the AEKMap folder) a double press of the map button will bring you to the Primo main screen. There is no command for a long press in AEKMap, unfortunately.

Thanks for the props in the about screen of your mod, it is a pleasure and an honour! I remember you were mentioning retiring awhile back; I am glad you stuck around to help myself and others with getting Primo integrated into our units. I will do my best to (try) help others with issues with Primo. Cheers bud!

ryar, you deserve everything on all those findings and it is a pure pleasure to give full credits to you, and thank you for the new command (double-taping on MAP button).

Just FYI to ease future changes, I move and rename the Primo\Extension folder to iGo\Extension\Primo, so everything that are needed are under that folder, so the Primo folder will be standalone (except the Primo SYS.txt file) and modifications will be made only the the iGo\Extension\Primo folder.

I will upload my mod v3.4 when I have a chance!

ryar, you deserve everything on all those findings and it is a pure pleasure to give full credits to you, and thank you for the new command (double-taping on MAP button).

Just FYI to ease future changes, I move and rename the Primo\Extension folder to iGo\Extension\Primo, so everything that are needed are under that folder, so the Primo folder will be standalone (except the Primo SYS.txt file) and modifications will be made only the the iGo\Extension\Primo folder.

I will upload my mod v3.4 when I have a chance!

Hey Chuck,

I know I am late to this Primo game, however, I am looking forward to your update. THanks Guys for all the hard work.

I can't get any sound out of it yet, but I am sure it is just me.

I will probably just wait for Chuck's new Mod. :-D

Hey Chuck,

I know I am late to this Primo game, however, I am looking forward to your update. THanks Guys for all the hard work.

I can't get any sound out of it yet, but I am sure it is just me.

I will probably just wait for Chuck's new Mod. :-D

Hey fusion600, as for the sound, read back a couple of pages and you will find out why. You have to have either iPod, SD or USB music playing to get sound from Primo.

Please read!

Cheers!

Hey fusion600, as for the sound, read back a couple of pages and you will find out why. You have to have either iPod, SD or USB music playing to get sound from Primo.

Please read!

Cheers!

Yeah thanks Chuck, but I did use my IPod. (I haven't tried SD, or some other USB yet).

Patper,

You must try the following (works for me in a F900BT EW)

Change in "sys.txt" Igo Primo (copy and paste):

[GPS]

; port = 2

; baud = 57600, 4,800, 9,600, 19,200,. 38,400 or 57,600 baud

; set_messages = "0"

protocol = "NMEA"

source = "virtlserial"

Search [sound] -> ding = 1 and change it to ding = 0

Wait a few minutes and "voila" GPS enabled.

Exit the program and it saves the changes and next time will be any faster.

Tested on version 9.2.1.178658 and 9.2.1.179499