Primo for AVIC F series!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it's still the same ... :neutral:

Maybe try delete \Primo\save\route.dat and restart? Did you delete and reinstall the Primo folder at any point (try this second)?

edit: I see there is a command in the sys.txt which reads:

[utility]

calibratefix=0 ; ; If gps signal don't lost write - "0"; if lost write "1"

Maybe try change it to 1 if you still can't get it to work.

ryar, thank you for your efforts by digging so far; I think your solution is viable enough for almost everybody.

Good find on the Close() vs Kill() command, I just realized the same.

The CwGoPrimo.mscr is the only file to put inside iGo\Extension, but please add Kill("EzRider.exe") in addition to the Kill("EzRider") command, because if you chose to launch again iGo8, the process name will be EzRider.exe instead of EzRider (initial process name).

I will probably tweak further my scripts to facilitate my wife's life, because she still doesn't know how to use Primo and prefers iGo8, so I will add a stop-popup-message to prompt if Primo is selected, addition to the Autolaunching feature.

---------------------------

Are you going to call the HardKeyTest.exe in the CwGoPrimo.mscr? Perhaps you should rename the HardKeyTest to something else more relevant.

Further to updating the first post (huge), can you post the trimmed version of your latest here in the post, without Primo v1.2?

Thanks.

Well here it is, hopefully the last update. Can you try it out and let me know how everything works? If so then I will attach it to post #1 (and clean up the post). What is included:

- Button included in the Top Menu Screen at the top right which brings you back to Primo.

- HardKeyTest, which can be run from External Programs (in Primo's Quick Menu). It takes hard key control from Pioneer/main menu and gives them to Primo. It is labeled "test" because you can try it and decide where you want the keys mapped to Pioneer (default) or Primo. For GPS use only, I prefer it mapped to Primo but for music use, ect it would probably be better to leave keys as is to control music volume, song, radio station, ect. After running HardKeyTest reboot to regain default use of buttons. The name can be changed in external programs for those who don't like it ;) It would be easy enough to throw in a command to launch the HardKeyTest in the CwGoPrimo.mscr; I have a feeling the majority would like to use the buttons as is. There is no need to use this file when launching from testmode, all buttons work using this method. Note the hard keys DO NOT work in Primo 1.1, even with the same keybind commands in the sys.txt file.

- CwGoPrimo.mscr includes both kill ezrider () and kill ezrider.exe ()

- sys.txt cleaned up and added all keybind commands with AVIC button labels if anyone wants to play with mappings/button functions. Most iGo8 keybind functions don't work, unfortunately.

That's it! Well that's as functional as I could get it with our units. I also deleted all the skins but GJ 10.0 for the main download which shrunk the file by nearly 50 MB.

Deleted, updated

ryar, don't know what was wrong:

1) I would say 40% of the time when HardKeyTest is launching, my AVIC (X710BT) reboots.

2) Numerous times, showprimo.exe said there is no enough memory while TaskManager reported 130 MB available.

Can you confirm whether the following command will launch Primo IF not yet done, and will maximize/restore Primo IF already launched?

Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\Primo.exe" )

ryar, don't know what was wrong:

1) I would say 40% of the time when HardKeyTest is launching, my AVIC (X710BT) reboots.

2) Numerous times, showprimo.exe said there is no enough memory while TaskManager reported 130 MB available.

Can you confirm whether the following command will launch Primo IF not yet done, and will maximize/restore Primo IF already launched?

Darn, it seems we are experiencing different behavior on different units. Weird with the reboots, I never even had that happen once. My hard keys are working flawlessly!

I can confirm that Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\Primo.exe" ) will launch if Primo if not yet done , and maximize if it is. That command is in several places (CwGoPrimko.mscr, showprimo.mscr, HardKeyTest, button.exe config). I cannot confirm that it is a better methed then show("navi") for maximizing Primo. After reading your post regarding reboots and memory errors, I think the show command is safer.

Can you tell me if the button is working in the Top Menu which brings you back to Primo? If so I will remove the HardKeyTest if you still don't have any luck with the new show commands.

The file below has all Run primo commands changed to show navi. It hopefully will eliminate memory issues, can you please try it ?

Deleted, updated

Can you tell me if the button is working in the Top Menu which brings you back to Primo? If so I will remove the HardKeyTest if you still don't have any luck with the new show commands.

I still hang on to the HardKeyTest.exe and will try again. Rather than calling manually, I embed its contents to the CwGoPrimo.mscr (with 3 seconds sleeping). One thing for sure, when the command was executed without error, the MAP key does bring the screen back to Primo, MENU key show top level menu, ZOOMIN and ZOOMOUT work too, which is the intents.

kill ("ezrider")
kill ("ezrider.exe")
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\AEKMap\AEKMapScan.exe" )
sleep 3000
kill ("AEKMapScan.exe")
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\AEKMap\AEKMap.exe" )
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\Button\button.exe")

I will post back results.

ryar, WinCE "Fatal application error" for AEKMapScan.exe, but after the kill() command, the message disappears by itself, and guess what, all intented hard keys are still working ... weird! Looks like 3000 ms is enough before the kill() command.

Why do you put 5 seconds?

However, the "Primo crashing on exit" has returned, even after launching Primo directly from Explorer, so the only change that caused the crash should be in SYS.txt (since my post on the 17th of September).

Any idea ryar?

ryar, WinCE "Fatal application error" for AEKMapScan.exe, but after the kill() command, the message disappears by itself, and guess what, all intented hard keys are still working ... weird! Looks like 3000 ms is enough before the kill() command.

Why do you put 5 seconds?

However, the "Primo crashing on exit" has returned, even after launching Primo directly from Explorer, so the only change that caused the crash should be in SYS.txt (since my post on the 17th of September).

Any idea ryar?

I put 5 seconds just to be safe, if 3 works then I will change it.

By crashing on exit do you mean the unit rebooting? Mine always did. The only changes to the sys.txt were that I added were the Keybind commands and

[power]

powermgm_state="1"

skip_suspend_process_all="1"

which may be the culprit. I don't think that part is necessary.

The hard keys still work after the program crashes because only it's launch is required (to allow Primo and AEKMap to bind the keys), and leaving it running would server no purpose. I will test a close command on it instead of killing it.

Thanks for testing! I will delete the unnecessary additions to sys.txt and change the delay in the HardKeyTest to 3 seconds.

ryar, I think the kill() command on HardKey is OK, better than close(). The WinCE fatal msg is happened before the kill() command, so no need to change it.

Do you think that we can minimize() the Mortscript v4.2 application ... it is a bit annoying during Primo startup.

ryar, I think the kill() command on HardKey is OK, better than close(). The WinCE fatal msg is happened before the kill() command, so no need to change it.

Do you think that we can minimize() the Mortscript v4.2 application ... it is a bit annoying during Primo startup.

OK so long as it works the hardkeytest works I won't worry about changing it.

The Mortscript v4.2 now auto-closes shortly after opening (via a sendOK command).

This should be it (I hope). Can you think of anything else?

planBandButtons09.22.11.rar

I updated the download in post #1. If you had a previous version of Primo 1.2, all you need are the files from the previous post. The file is now <100 MB (not including the TTS files)

Chuck, I added the old ui_pioneer files to for now (you mentioned the bmp files were missing from the files you provided earlier), just until you finish updating you autolaunch. If you prefer I can remove them and direct people to your post/thread to obtain the files there.

Gentlemen, please help with GPS. Still it lasts, if it gets going and return to Priimo - still looking for GPS! What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

Do you get a GPS fix in Chuck's mod? Is the screenshot you posted in post #13 the same problem you are having now?

Patper, check you GPS antenna! If you say the GPS is working fine when you're stopped, then this is not software related. If the antenna is not obstructed and can see the sky, then it might be some wiring faults or connection problem or worst, your AVIC is broking down.

I updated the download in post #1. If you had a previous version of Primo 1.2, all you need are the files from the previous post. The file is now <100 MB (not including the TTS files)

Chuck, I added the old ui_pioneer files to for now (you mentioned the bmp files were missing from the files you provided earlier), just until you finish updating you autolaunch. If you prefer I can remove them and direct people to your post/thread to obtain the files there.

The BMP file is the same as the one provided to you, so you can safely pack it in my UI to provide autolaunch capability, in the meantime.

Later.

Patper, check you GPS antenna! If you say the GPS is working fine when you're stopped, then this is not software related. If the antenna is not obstructed and can see the sky, then it might be some wiring faults or connection problem or worst, your AVIC is broking down.

GPS antenna is (hopefully) cool - on IGO8 works perfectly!

I reinstalled the whole Avic - Primo works!. When driving a fine.

But on the way back again looking for .... :neutral: