AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a rear view camera and from time to time, Primo won't let go its map screen to show the rear view video when I am backing up.

Anyone has this issue? ryar?

I have the same behavior on the odd occasion, maybe 20% of the time. A reboot seems to fix it for awhile.

Patper try the upload below. It is a clean install from a European source, never initialized and has a meager sys.txt. There is no skin, but at this point we want to see if it gets you a gps fix. Let me know if it works.

Primo will not boot ....

Ryar could you please tell me where I can find the settings for traffic in Primo?I have had to reinstall chuck 3.4 and now I can't get traffic working.I did have it running superbly before the re install.

I'm not sure, I have TMC disabled in mine. You could create a shortcut to Traffic in Customize Quick Menu. I see there is a line in the sys.txt which reads:

[tmc-http]

enabled=0

Perhaps that should be a 1? If you have your old sys.txt and save folder inside the Primo directory if you replace both you should get all your old settings, ect back.

I'm not sure, I have TMC disabled in mine. You could create a shortcut to Traffic in Customize Quick Menu. I see there is a line in the sys.txt which reads:

[tmc-http]

enabled=0

Perhaps that should be a 1? If you have your old sys.txt and save folder inside the Primo directory if you replace both you should get all your old settings, ect back.

Thank you I will try that.

Ryar could you please tell me where I can find the settings for traffic in Primo?I have had to reinstall chuck 3.4 and now I can't get traffic working.I did have it running superbly before the re install.

so it ake itthat you've got primo working in the uk? Did you use any particular settings? I can't get it to work. The main screen comes uip, satelittes are found, but the display just says Looking for GPS signal... with a green background.

Oh no, it looks like you are having similar issues that patper is having. Perhaps this problem is common in European units with the settings files supplied. Well, maybe we can try a few things and cross our fingers. Try the following steps in order:

1. Since you have a European f900, try putting the following lines in your sys.txt file:

[device]

type="PIONEER AVIC-F900EW"

Either comment out or delete all other lines under the [device]. Also add:

[gps]

port=2

baud=9600

Once again, comment or delete all other lines under [gps].

2. Restore Primo's default settings. Restart the unit and before launching Primo, delete the "save" folder in the Primo directory. Maybe the unit is confused because it was first initialized in Canada and is now attempting to get a fix in the UK.

Patper tried some other possible solutions we suggested but he didn't have any luck. If all else fails, you could obtain a copy of Primo (1.2) elsewhere and give that a shot. Use the sys.txt from the download in post#1 and perhaps it will work. I wish I was able to a simulate issue, it would make it easier to troubleshoot. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Yeah!!!!!

Thank you Ryar!!!!

I used your settings above but with port = 7 and commenting ";" all other lines out and it picked me up immediately!!!

I made the changes directly to the SYS.TXT file in the Flash/APL2/Primo folder using Total Commander on the unit itself (using a pen to type...).

Now for a drive to see how it works.

Yeah!!!!!

Thank you Ryar!!!!

I used your settings above but with port but with port = 7 and commenting ( ;) all other lines out and it picked me up immediately!!!

I made the changes directly to the SYS.TXT file in the Flash/APL2/Primo folder using Total Commander on the unit itself (using a pen to type...).

Now for a drive to see how it works

Wow, thats great! For some reason inside the data.zip in a config file for PIONEER AVIC-F900EW it states port=2, I thought maybe the european AVIC used a different port. In my sys.txt I commented all lines out of both device and gps and Primo finds the port itself. Glad to hear it is working, enjoy Primo my friend!

Yep, it works fine. Forgot to put the voice files in though, so will be doing that now. I just unzip and copy into the main primo folder on the flash drive right?

I am using option 2. I know, I know, but I just don't like the look of Chuck's mod (esp the font), I much prefer the simpler UI on Diafta's mod, each to their own.

Next few things and questions.

1 AV and music playing.

2 Bluetooth. I'm sure i saw a button that said 'bluetooth' somewhere but i can't find it any more. was i dreaming?

3 Speed Cameras don't appear?

Thanks again the Primo interface and map look much better.

I am using option 2. I know, I know, but I just don't like the look of Chuck's mod (esp the font), I much prefer the simpler UI on Diafta's mod, each to their own.

Well if you don't like it, just don't use it! You don't have to yelling all loud.

Watch your wording my friend! Don't forget lot of people like it! :x

Well if you don't like it, just don't use it! You don't have to yelling all loud.

Watch your wording my friend! Don't forget lot of people like it! :x

Right, I'm sure many people do. No disrespect meant, just an opinion voiced. And I think it is relevant to this discussion as it highlights the fact that I used Option 2 and so has a bearing on my questions.

Now, back OT