AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should, it is where the Russian voices are located. Now the question is will your TTS announce them with those files gone?

I will test. As long as the map picks me up. Will report back.

Edit

Report back. I deleted the RU and UA folders and they were full of Russian voices. However, whilst I was on the map to the nursery this morning I wasn't on the way back - "Looking for GPS signal..." Arghhh!! It is so annoying you feel like shouting at the unit "You've got the 8 satellites locked on!!!!" I'm getting the feeling the satellite locks are only translating to a position on the map where the unit first got a lock ie at home - 80% of the time. I can't remember getting it to work anywhere else. About the speedcams, I altered the files at my destination before coming home, since the unit didn't work on the way back I can't say. I let you know when I go out.

Edit 2 - Deleting those two folders has not stopped the Russian voices. Everytime I approach a speedcm I get what sounds like an old Soviet propaganda warning about the evils of capitalism! (or that bit in Call of Duty 1 where you land in Stalingrad)

Edit 3 - The random 50-50 placement on the map continues... Might it be something to do with being in an off-road position on the map when starting?

A Few other notes.

1 Somehow, for some reason, i'm getting a screen calibration every time I go into primo now? Absolutely no idea how that happened nor any idea how to get rid of it? Do you know how to stop it doing that?

Edit - I had set calibration to "1" because there is some text about losing GPS signal in there. So, back up "0" and that is solved.

2 I don't have access External Programmes anywhere in Primo. I know I did at one point but seem to have lost that functionality along the way.

3 AV works even when Primo is launched directly from Testmode rather than through a mod?

It appears that ALL the spoken audio files in AUDIO are in Russian. Any idea where the others are? Are there any I can copy over from iGO? I get English speedcam warning s there. One point, Primo tells me in English when I am over the speed limit (to be deactivated very soon), so where are those warnings?

Ryar

Reinstalled previous settings and traffic is back.First road test tomorrow so fingers crossed.

I take it you are not having issues in the UK? Can I ask what unit you have and if it is a European one or a US one?

Could you share your sys.txt

Just wondering why mine can't seem to put me on the map reliably. If I wipe the save folder the machine starts me off in Paris! But it then, usually, starts working. Funny thing is, the car is in Paris but if I go into where am I the latitude and longitude are for here in the UK.

I take it you are not having issues in the UK? Can I ask what unit you have and if it is a European one or a US one?

Could you share your sys.txt

Just wondering why mine can't seem to put me on the map reliably. If I wipe the save folder the machine starts me off in Paris! But it then, usually, starts working. Funny thing is, the car is in Paris but if I go into where am I the latitude and longitude are for here in the UK.

I've got a European 900BT.

If you PM me with your e mail address I will send you the sys.txt I am using.As I said I have yet to go on a route but I am picking up satellites etc,when parked upî”Tomorrow is D day for me...off out on the road.Traffic works fine,speed cams are showing and text to speech all working ok.Only issue is with the sound,only audible when playing via SD card.