AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

OK, I believe I figured out a little bit more for those who are having the the problem with the map not showing the current location despite having a GPS fix in Primo. It seems Primo does not like to be shut down abruptly without going through its exit cycle and causes this bug to occur on some units. An abrupt shutdown happens on my f900bt whenever I shut off the ignition, unlike the standby that occurs in my f500bt. Oddly, if the unit get a GPS fix in the same area it was shut off it will show my location on the map.

For anyone having this problem I have not found a way to reverse it, your only option at this point is to delete the entire save folder (located at my Flash Disk\User\\UserData\Primo). You can copy the user.upoi file before deleting and put it back after the unit initializes to retain your favorites (pios). When you start up and initialize for the first time, choose all your options and make sure to choose the GJ skins in the display settings (day and night). From now on when you are using Primo allow it to exit before shutting off the ignition, you can do this by tapping the bottom bar on the map screen and then the exit icon in the bottom right. You can also add an exit icon to the quick menu. Note these options are only available with the GJ skin. I will fix the Close Primo button to close the process rather then kill it and re-upload the packages when I have some free time; in the meantime avoid using it if you are experiencing this issue. For those who do not have the problem with the map not displaying the current location this post can be ignored.

The weird thing is my f500bt never had this issue after using Primo on it for nearly 3 months, only my f900bt has recently had this problem. Perhaps the battery in the f500bt prevents it from having an abrupt shutdown?

If you are experiencing this issue please provide some feedback whether or not these steps worked for you, and provide details if the bug returns.

Thanks Ryar, I will do as you say. I had noticed that it seemed to be something to do with how Primo stops working, but I haven't been using the GJ maps and so didn't have the exit icon. must've missed that at the start. Unfortunately removing the Save folder is not a 100% guarantee that it will work the next time. It works sometimes, sometimes not. What I have found by trial and error to work is replacing all the files that are in My flash disk which are not in folders. These:

avicnet.jpg

So far copy the ones from the download over the ones on the unit works, though it isn't really a viable solution.

I will try your suggestions.

EDIT

I'm not sure what I am supposed to see with the GJ night and day skins? I selected them but couldn't see any difference or a way of getting to a "exit" button? I did it in Primo not Primo w/o. I don't get a bottom bar in the map screen? I remember that in your other download from your "Primo for AVIC F series!" thread that Primo had a power off button in the top menu, is that what I should see?

EDIT 2 OK, I've got the GJ skin going and can see the bar at the bottom. there are a lot more options going on there. TBH, I prefer the default one, it is less cluttered and looks better. I have re-activated the exit button on the on the main menu in the default skin. Will this close Primo in the way you describe? I'm using this button and it seems ot be working with some consistency.

EDIT 3 Does TMC only work in GJ skin? Nope got it working in the Default skins as well.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I copy the maps from my Garmin nuvi(registered to me and activated)and just paste it into the Garmin folder in avicnet?Will this work??Exciting times on 411 at the moment!!

You should be able to unless they are licensed for your other unit. I remember

The microphone can be removed in the settings, but I can seem to find where!

Is there some way to get ezrider to unload itself when you launch something else? It seems like its still running.

In the menu settings you can have iGo close when you start a new application; I don't think it frees up all the memory using this method however. You can put a kill command in the .mscr file for what you are trying to launch. For example, the primo.mscr in the primo2 run folder has the command:

kill ("ezrider")

kill ("ezrider.exe")

which successfully ends the ezrider and frees up most if not all the memory it was using.

Palexr, thanks for the info on which files you replace to regain the map position. I tried it and it worked once, but not a second time. You are right, deleting the save folder worked yesterday but doesn't seem to every time. What I have found to work best is change the sys.txt to gps port 5, launch, reset to defaults, delete save folder, restart unit, change back to port 6, launch. It worked each time I tried it so far, but it isn't feasible to do every time. I can confirm that each time I allowed the unit to shut down properly it restarted with no issues what so ever and my location is displayed. I have read the gpspara.bin files are the last gps coordinate/positions but didn't delete those.

As you have found the power button you know it can be enabled by changing the sys.txt show_exit=0 to a 1. I took it out because it didn't seem to work properly in this newer version of Primo (May 2011). I think I will revert back to the Feb version because I didn't seem to have as many issues with that release. Using that button it should exit properly. Sorry, I don't have TMC here so I can't tell you if it is working on the GJ skin.

Decided to take a breather for a bit on this.

With the problems I was having with Primo I was relying on iGO and the interface was annoying me so I deleted everythiing and re-installed my very first back-up of the stock Pioneer iGO that I had made before installing any mods way back when. Using AVICnet had taken the version down to 3? The stock one had an upgrade to 4xxx1. Teh only mod on there right now is removing the nag screen.

BTW, I can still run Primo off a SD card. If I boot into testmode and launch it from a folder on the card it works. No sound obviously but hey. I have tried it twice, making sure to exit via the GJ exit button and so far that works.

As you say, deleting the files or the save foldeer isn't a 100% method. However, using the GJ exit button didn't seem to work 100% of the time either hence the delete.

Let me ask - she would be added to the origo iGO8 info about speed??

Thank you Pat

Sorry Pat, I don't quite understand what you are asking. Can you please rephrase the question?

Edit: A little off topic but what model do you have? Is it a f900bt?

Well, I found out a little more regarding the not displaying location on the map issue. I can get it to display my location by remaining stationary when launching Primo, and at that point it navigates as it should. If the car is in motion when launching the issue occurs. After it happens once it is only possible to reverse by doing a hard reset (reset button on the face of the unit or hard reset option in Avicnet settings) and remaining stationary until it reboots twice and launches Primo.

edit: Upon further testing the vehicle does not need to be stopped for the entire hard reset, just when Primo is launched.

I'm not sure if it is the gyro sensor (I did the hardware bypass), the speed wire (I grounded mine), or the stock iGo manipulating the gpspara.bin files (I changed the sys.txt to port 4 so it never gets a signal), but Primo does not want to launch when moving. So far as I can tell, the only units having this issue are the f900bt and x910bt. My f500bt runs avicnet perfectly, perhaps because it doesn't have a gyro sensor or speed wire.

Can anyone who is using avicnet and/or Primo comment on what unit they have, it they are/are not having this issue, what bypass they have used and what firmware they are using? It would be of great help towards solving this issue if we can get some information together, the more the better. Thanks in advance!

It looks like people with other devices are having this problem too: http://www.mobilepas...hp?f=210&t=6803

http://www.mobilepassion.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=1958

Well, I found out a little more regarding the not displaying location on the map issue. I can get it to display my location by remaining stationary when launching Primo, and at that point it navigates as it should. If the car is in motion when launching the issue occurs. After it happens once it is only possible to reverse by doing a hard reset (reset button on the face of the unit or hard reset option in Avicnet settings) and remaining stationary until it reboots twice and launches Primo.

I'm not sure if it is the gyro sensor (I did the hardware bypass), the speed wire (I grounded mine), or the stock iGo manipulating the gpspara.bin files (I changed the sys.txt to port 4 so it never gets a signal), but Primo does not want to launch when moving. So far as I can tell, the only units having this issue are f900bts and x910bts. My f500bt runs avicnet perfectly, perhaps because it doesn't have a gyro sensor or speed wire.

Can anyone who is using avicnet and/or Primo comment on what unit they have, it they are/are not having this issue, what bypass they have used and what firmware they are using? It would be of great help towards solving this issue if we can get some information together, the more the better. Thanks in advance!

I have af90bt with 3.1 or 3.02 firmware with both hardware bypass and ground speed wire. I do have problems getting the gps working on both on Avicnet and primo.

Jimbo

I have af90bt with 3.1 or 3.02 firmware with both hardware bypass and ground speed wire. I do have problems getting the gps working on both on Avicnet and primo.

Jimbo

Thanks for the response Jimbo. One more question; does Primo display your position on the map after a hard reset (assuming you are stationary when you launch)?

No... It show Buildings and says "Auto detecting GPS".

That is a different issue all together. Check Primo's sys.txt and make sure under gps it reads: port=6 and baud=9600. If you shut off your port splitter you need port=7 and have to kill iGo before launching Primo (Primo w/o iGo8). Note Primo w/o iGo 8 is loacted in the APL2/Primo2 folder.

Same problem here (Netherlands), the unit keeps om saying "Auto detecting GPS" location is somewere in Berlin with 3d buildings. Port and baudrate confirmed in sys.txt. The unit is a F900bt with I think firmware 3.02. Also tried Igo8 on port 6 and Primo on 5, no succes.

Will try to change data.zip --> config\devices\pioneer746ew.ini

Thank you for you afford so far Ryar, great release!!! Anything else we can try to get a fix?