AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Hé Ryar

Glad I've got you thinking! Updated the CE, copied your original AvicNet files and got an instant fix! Only need to copy all of the content (maps, pois, etc.) and test somemore. Does anyone know if the TMC works and where the trafficinformation can be found?

Cheers!

Thank Ryar!! Everything works!!!! :D

Am I right in thinking you did this on Euro units?

Ryar says:

For Euro users I have no idea which one to use. If you already have CE5 then maybe all you need is CE6. You could use the one from the Italian thread: http://www.mediafire...8ga7b53x11xbqk. Here is how as per the fx3.1 thread:
Is this what you did?
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the silly question but....I am running my 900 on firmware 3.0.Can you tell me what would be the advantages of installing the above?There was a big difference after upgrading from 2 to 3,so really what I'm asking is it worth it??

Update

Flashed to 6 and the unit seems to boot faster and also react faster.Might be my imagination but either way I am happy!!

You can use that one if you wish. Delete everything in the Primo and Primo2 folders except the run folders and their contents. Copy the contents from the Primo folder in the other thread into the Primo folders of your avicnet. Change the sys.txts to port 6, and add the following lines to the sys.txt in the Primo folder:

[debug]

max_memory=35000000

reserve_memory=1700000

cache=600000

You do not need these lines in the sys.txt in the Primo2 folder.

Can I ask why you prefer that one to the one in avicnet currently?

Can I just overwrite Primo2?

I would like to thank Ryar for his support and patience and also all the others who have participate. Thank you all!

After installation of CE5 and CE6, Primo runs OK after each start.

I'll try to install Primo from the link again, as I tried before ...

Pat

I would like to thank Ryar for his support and patience and also all the others who have participate. Thank you all!

After installation of CE5 and CE6, Primo runs OK after each start.

I'll try to install Primo from the link again, as I tried before ...

Pat

Good luck Pat!

Excuse the silly question but....I am running my 900 on firmware 3.0.Can you tell me what would be the advantages of installing the above?There was a big difference after upgrading from 2 to 3,so really what I'm asking is it worth it??

So far as I can tell all it did was disable the gyro and it does not effect performance. If you are not having problems with Primo getting a fix then you should be OK without it.

As far as the redraw being slow, if you use the Primo w/o iGo8 it shouldn't have that problem. I have also noticed slow redraw with the low memory requirement settings in the sys.txt. I removed the settings in the Primo folder and am happy to report no crashes yet while running concurrently with iGo8. Again, they are:

[debug]

max_memory=35000000

reserve_memory=1700000

cache=600000

Can I just overwrite Primo2?

Overwriting should work, or deleting everything inside the Primo2 folder except the run folder and then copying. Again, I am curious. Why is the Feb version of Primo more desirable? The only difference is the one in avicnet has a lighter sys.txt and no skin enabled. The skin of course can be enabled by going to settings, display and selecting GJ Day and Night in Day Skin Theme and Night Skin Theme.

Hello,

i'm following this topic for quite a long time. First of all I woul like to say "thank you" to ryar and all other users that made this Mod possible.

I tested it on my EUR Avic F900BT and used the steps explained in ryars manual. It works great without any difficulties concerning GPS.

It is a great Mod! Unfortunately there are still some open issues (or bugs). So for me it is not yet suitable for everyday use. I hope that this great work will be continued and that there will be further improvements.

Hello,

i'm following this topic for quite a long time. First of all I woul like to say "thank you" to ryar and all other users that made this Mod possible.

I tested it on my EUR Avic F900BT and used the steps explained in ryars manual. It works great without any difficulties concerning GPS.

It is a great Mod! Unfortunately there are still some open issues (or bugs). So for me it is not yet suitable for everyday use. I hope that this great work will be continued and that there will be further improvements.

Glad you are enjoying it! Which bugs are you referring to, perhaps I can help fix them?

Hi ryar...

for example it's a pity that primo only works with playing music form the sd card. It would be realy great to use radio while running primo. I don't know if this is a point that will be possible... In addition to this it seems that I have some problems with the volume in primo. During my first tests it seems that the music volume was varying from lower to higher levels?!