AVIC411.com

This site was awesome before all this SPAM...

the laser jamer is part of the rx75, i havent driving enough to test that part of it but it looks promising if it does what is described, local chp here is starting to use laser now and loose the radar. i couldnt recommend any really, not sure if its my new system or my driving habits changing.

please dont ban me

jk

Don't tempt me :)

Maybe I just didn't notice it. But I thought we got a spam message once every week or so. We got a dozen since yesterday. It was quite a flood recently. Some I deleted within minutes of posting. You would think that with such diligent moderators (jason and to a very small extent, me) that it's not worth the trouble.

Now, how illegal is the laser jammer? I know that up here in Washington State if you were to be going down I-5 and a state patrol "gunned" you and it wasn't able to get a speed off of your car, they would pull you over so fast it wouldn't even be funny. Our cops are the cops you hear about, "that have nothing better to do." so I don't know how well that would work up here. But, I don't know the laws on it, and have heard that there are quite a few loopholes to dodge that specific ticket. Even if you could argue it away in court a few months later, You would still be getting searched and questioned at the time of the "crime."

What are the laws on laser jamming?

well i think the laws written currently cover radar, not laser. I even believe that to be true in washington, because in most other states even radar detectors are not illegal. The laser jammer is different then the radar detector... the laser jammer actually confuses the laser gun/officer and the speed is not readable. Where as the radar detector just indicates to you that you are being tagged, and that the officer probably has your speed. You cant effectively jam radar. from what I know at least, but laser you can

I love how people spend so much time and energy on radar detectors and things like that. And even then, you can still get a ticket (around here, NJ, a cop will generally use a radar gun, but they are "trained to judge speed" and can give you a ticket just by guessing how fast you are going with no technology behind it, and yes, a buddy of mine is a cop and that holds up in court).

You know what the best thing that kept me from getting ticket no matter how I drove...

Drive one of these:

crownvic.jpg

This thing had balls, handled ok, people would fight to get out of my way... they would change the way they drove around me. People were kind and courteous, no road rage... it was great. And as I would go 90 mph though a speed trap a simple wave to the cops, would get a wave back. It was great.