This is a customization to allow you to run your own applications, including custom nav like igo 8.3, while using gps AND retaining some of the AV/Ipod controls/overlays, and basic BT phone features by running your own apps in app-mode.
You will still need to use regular stock mode to edit advanced settings, pair bt phones, sync addr book, etc, since these rely on stock navi.exe app.
f320bt (note: you don't need CNSD-130FM. Do NOT attempt to flash f320bt with this winceimg.bin/.cks. If you already have "apps" (AVIC-APPS) folder, skip to step 3. Also, you may need the custom appslib.dll for that one)
things you will need first:
- testmode. look here: #14
- [QI_037_CNSD_130FM] - 2.00101 update (os & app only - no maps included:( ). look here: #1
- (updated) [custom APPS] - attached to this end of this post...
- (updated) patched AppsLib.dll: - (for f320bt, you will need different patched appslib.dll - look here: #107)
- SD card provisioned with AVIC-APPS folder created by using Avic Feeds (or Navgate Feeds for EU) on PC
- some third party apps/nav that you want to run, like igo 8.3, miopocket, tcpmp, etc. find these on your own... (note: primo 1.2 not working on these units [... yet ...])
- ability to follow directions
you take full responsibility for any mods you do to your own gear. your warranty is now voided...lolz.
please read complete post (and hopefully complete thread) to fully understand whats going on and whats needed before beginning..
sometimes there are two PRG folders, PRG0 and PRG1 on My Flash Disk.
My understanding is that normally the app in PRG0 should be launched, except when a file called My Flash Disk/PRG.FLG exists, in which case the app will load from PRG1.. (or perhaps it's the other way around??) This may be useful information if you are trying to upgrade an existing setup.
if you are already on 2.x software (or are on f320bt) and/or have avic-apps, skip to step 3.
outline of steps:
1. update OS (u310bt/f310bt only)
2. update stock app (u310bt/f310bt only)
3. setup custom apps for app-mode
Put testmode folder on the root of a 2gb or bigger SD. When you reset the device with sd card inserted, it will boot into windows explorer.
Use the testmode to gain basic access to the device. Use windows explorer to make a backup of "My Flash Disk" (app) & "My Flash Disk2" (maps/poi) to your sd card.
(only for u310bt/f310bt)
(if you mess this up, you could brick your device... we dont know how to recover from this if you do)
from QI_037_CNSD_130FM folder:
copy whole update folder to root of sd card
copy or move winceimg.bin & winceimg.cks from update/user/prg/plt to the root of sdcard
insert sd card in device
boot to testmode
launch update/user/prg/apl/aplupdate.exe. select second option. unit will reboot and flash os image
please dont try to update/flash OS more than once.
(only for u310bt/f310bt)
boot in to testmode again
remove all contents in "My Flash Disk"
make directories in "My Flash Disk": PRG0 and SYSTEM/RENEWAL/
copy from sd card update/user/prg/apl/:
folders APL and FONTS to My Flash Disk/PRG0
files EL090APL.HTM and EL090APL.VER to My Flash Disk/PRG0
from sd card, copy update/user/VOLUME.DAT to My Flash Disk/
from sd card, copy update/VERINFO.DAT to My Flash Disk/SYSTEM/RENEWAL/
you should now be booting into 2.0101 (although maps will still be old).
you can check version: when in version screen, press and hold top-left part of screen... extended version information will come up.
set everything up the way you like it. pair bt phone, address book, etc.
verify everything is working.
note: stock avic-apps (clock, video, etc) are not working for some reason on 310bt's with this CNSD-130FM. Hopefully somebody can find a copy of CNSD-239FM (wink wink).. i dont know why they dont work, but it doesnt really matter, as you can replace these exe's with your own apps like TCPMP for video player, etc, after doing the next hack)
setup custom apps/nav launcher:
on sd card, replace \AVIC-APPS\Applist.dat with one from custom APPS
(this adds new apps to the apps list, see below for more details)
copy the new app folders from custom APPS over to sd card\avic-apps folder.
boot to testmode.
replace My Flash Disk\PRG0\APL\Appslib.dll with patched one from here
(this will bypass signature validation of apps [i.e., enc & pwd files]).
now you should be able to run the apps on main menu (see below customization notes first)
current the custom apps are:
1. igolauncher - temp "fixes" gps port, and launches igo8 (or other custom app)
see readme.txt - edit igolauncher.mscr to point to your igo install, and dont forget to mod sys.txt for reg changes
2. activesync enabler - enables activesync via registry and soft-reboots in order for this to take effect. will stay in effect until hard reset/power cycle.
3. tools - launches Total Commander CE, and gives you basic access to unit
4. generic launcher - was originally for launching igo, but had some issues with a/v overlays... igolauncher attempts to handle this but this launcher.mscr can be modded to do whatever you want to... you should probably use igolauncher for running igo (or other custom nav...)
Storage Card\AVIC-APPS\Launcher\Launcher.mscr will probably need to be modified to fit your setup. right now it's setup for remapping the com port from 2 to 4 (so stock navi doesnt grab it), and launching igo8 (if you have it in the right place). after exiting igo, the mscr will reset com port mappings and exit/reboot back into stock nav.
note on troubleshooting: please check that your app is working properly from testmode before trying to run it with launcher/mortscript. if it does not run in plain old testmode (with no stock navi junk running), then it will for sure not run under app-mode
1. other existing avic-apps (clock, video player, etc) dont really function for some reason (just reboots back into nav mode.) - they dont even work from test mode... no worries. just replace the existing .exe apps in those folders with your own... like tcpmp for video player, etc.
By running igo (or other nav) from IGOLauncher instead of generic "launcher", this makes igo a direct child process. The overlay issue seems better - keypresses are registered and overlays popup ok when in igo menu, but there are still some delays in displaying a/v menus while maps are drawing/displaying. This may just be something we have to live with for now...
3. when custom app is running, and the unit goes to sleep (i.e., you turn off the vehicle), upon resuming (waking up from car start, etc) the unit will reboot back to regular stock nav mode. Not sure why this does this yet... Still looking to find what is causing this behavior... I suspect it's some internal watchdog or "safety feature" of app mode... (Stock apps dont have this issue...)
4. safety mode (where you cant access all features). multiple users are noticing that safety mode is no longer overridden solely by parking brake pin grounding. It seems that 2.x stock nav is also using GPS speed to turn on safety mode. Seems that you also need to ground the KMODE pin, which is pin #13 labeled "NC" in service manual. Read the thread for more info, and see this diagram (this is looking at back of u310bt):
5. users have been reporting that stock nav with 2.x seems to be slower to update gps position. unknown what is causing this. caveat emptor.
current custom APPS:
APPS-beta1.zip (2.46MB)Number of downloads: 25