AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC Cust Svc No Help!

My emails and letter to Pioneer finally were answerd by a call from thier agent. My concerns were.

-old mapping on gps software

-poor install documentation

-FM reception is a failure

The dude calls me and has a poor attitude. My positition is sorry just sent 3 emails and a letter to get a contact after spending about a grand for this unit. Help Me!

His answer...

We are working a new software package that will be available in May 2007 for purchase at that time!

Thank you very little!

Hello Garmin!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with you on a point. i love my z1 VERY much, but i DO NOT

understand why we have these old maps!!!!!!! i just do not get it. we

are supposed to have the most modern nav systems and our maps are old. i called teleatlas and talked to them, and they said, well, we have given pioneer the most up to date mapping data, you will just have to wait to get it from them. i don't get it!

Map updates should indeed be free of charge, but you will never see that from a greedy company like Pioneer. They're simply looking for ways to maximize profitability, and charging us crazy prices for updates for a product that we already paid high $$$ for is one way of maximizing their shareholder's wealth.

I think it should be dependant upon when you bought your unit. If you bought it within 6 mos. of the new mapping release, then you should get the upgrade for free, outside of that time frame, I can understand that an upgrade fee should apply. This is not just Pioneer doing this, most GPS manufacturers charge for yearly mapping ugrades.

Cheers,

Kevin

hybridamp,

Welcome to business 101! This is how it works with most all navigational companies. Usually companies will give a break to customers who bought their units recently as a reward for not waiting and buying the older versions.

For example, right now there is a Microsoft Windows promotion that states: if you purchased a qualifying computer within the past 6 months that had Windows XP installed as the OS, you would qualify for the all new Windows Vista OS for free, which by the way, is due to be released in 2 days. However, if you bought it even 1 day before, you have to pay to upgrade to Windows Vista. See how it works? We don't make the rules. That's just how it is. And we can either like it or lump it.

But right now, I think most of us are lumping it. :twisted:

Guys take advantage of Crutchfields 30 day money back guarantee. You'll be out the cost of shipping to your door, but they'll pick up return shipping.

When the new Nav units with updated map software come out, order one, take the maps out, copy them, and return. Cost, probably less than $15.

Voila.

I just this month purchased a new DVD map for my tomtom PND for $55.95 inc. shipping . All owners of the newer tomtom models that have been out for about 1 yr. now get the new maps for free + $5.95 shipping . DVD includes seamless door to door of all North America plus single states and groups of states in case you have a small sd card or want to narrow your search . Unless I'm driving out of Pa. I just use the Pa. map to make my searches easier but also have the choice of maps of all the North East or seamless map of North America loaded on same sd card . The map price will go up to $150.00 when special offer ends in March but still $100.00 cheaper than Pioneer and free for customers who purchased their units in the last 12 months . Pioneers got to be making a killing on map sales at $250.00 .

You bet your left nut they are, and why anyone would defend them and compare Pioneer to Microsoft (who even gives free updates for their products for a faily long period, Windows/Office Update) is beyond me. lol

No, seriously, $250 for a map update for a $1k+ product leans a little more towards customer abuse rather than customer support.