AVIC411.com

AVIC Z140BH: Report your bugs here.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received word from Pioneer that my concerns (1 and 2 on the list) have been forwarded on to product planning. If my concerns are addressed, perhaps there's hope that Pioneer will actually listen to their customers for other bugs and "features" we discover with the Z140BH.

I think we'll need to have a good idea of if the problems are installation related, or actual bugs with the unit.

Does RDS data show up on other radios in your area? (Dumb question perhaps). How strong is the signal?

Ipod: I nave a Nano, and no problems. What Ipod are you connecting?

I can't get the RDS to work on any station. The station signal runs at about 4 bars and comes in clear. My iPod is a first gen touch. I have to unplug just the ear phone jack part and replug it. I called pioneer yesterday and the guy said he will get back to me.

Since I know my way around my own town, I seldom ever use the Navi screen. Thus, it's never on when I shut the car down.

So you get in the car and when the unit starts it requires you to hit the OK button which then takes you to the map screen? All of this before you can access the iPod screen.

I received word from Pioneer that my concerns (1 and 2 on the list) have been forwarded on to product planning. If my concerns are addressed, perhaps there's hope that Pioneer will actually listen to their customers for other bugs and "features" we discover with the Z140BH.

Not trying to piss on your camp fire but we have heard all of that before. But good luck, as bad as they are it is possible they may actually try to improve at some point.

So you get in the car and when the unit starts it requires you to hit the OK button which then takes you to the map screen? All of this before you can access the iPod screen.

No, I get into my car. Ipod screen comes up and plays. Anytime thereafter, if I press Home, the stupid navigation legal BS pops up instead of taking me where pressing the f'ing HOME button should take me. I could go for days without ever hitting the Navi screen and the god damned warning pops up when pressing Home. Its infuriating.

I can't get the RDS to work on any station. The station signal runs at about 4 bars and comes in clear. My iPod is a first gen touch. I have to unplug just the ear phone jack part and replug it. I called pioneer yesterday and the guy said he will get back to me.

It sounds to me like you have a defective unit. No one else is having this issue that I am aware of. At least, you're the only person reporting it, right?

What I'm hoping to achieve from this thread is a list of software bugs that pertain to how the system operates. Installation issues or possible defective units are probably best left off of the bug list I think. Still, I hope your situation gets promptly sorted out by Pioneer.

If the unit boots up on the AV screen, you're going to get the warning screen when you switch to home/navi/phone screens. It's been that way forever and it's not going to change. It's not a "bug".

I may be wrong and I no longer have any of these units but I thought I remember it only displaying if you hit the navi symbol.