AVIC411.com

AVIC Z140BH: Report your bugs here.

LOL, devil's advocate, me too. But your phone cannot play DVD's.... And XM over a data connection is not free, also with XM I have always wondered how in this day of iTunes, MP3 players, USB drives, and burned CD's do they stay in business? But they have shows and some programming that people actually like, so I guess.

Your phone can indeed play DVDs. Even HD stuff. They would just be in digital format.

XM serves no purpose if you can get things like Pandora over the airwaves. If all you want are talk shows, there are plenty on AM. If you really want to overpay for XM, then I guess you're SOL. But, most of us have a data plan anyway so purchasing an XM license for it (is that possible?) wouldn't be any different than if it were through the head unit.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you say so.....

Should be easy enough.

Motorola already made their Atrix into into a laptop capable piece with a simple and relatively cheap addon unit.

Think somebody like Apple,HTC or Samsung couldn't do that?

The two units could be "mated" for life.

The anti-theft ramifications alone are worth the trouble.

I've been following this thread for months and thought I'd get the opinions of some of the posters to this question. I have an AVIC-Z130BT and have read that Pioneer will probably be offering an upgrade to the AVIC-Z140BH in the near future. Given all of the problems that I have read about with the 140, would it make any sense for me to upgrade if this becomes possible? It seems that I might be losing features that I have with the 130 and inheriting the bugs that so many have written about with the 140. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

I've been following this thread for months and thought I'd get the opinions of some of the posters to this question. I have an AVIC-Z130BT and have read that Pioneer will probably be offering an upgrade to the AVIC-Z140BH in the near future. Given all of the problems that I have read about with the 140, would it make any sense for me to upgrade if this becomes possible? It seems that I might be losing features that I have with the 130 and inheriting the bugs that so many have written about with the 140. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

Instead of fixing their voice recognition software, they got rid of it, so you would be losing all funcitonality for navigation. Beyond that, I'm not sure if anything else major was dropped. I believe Pioneer switched to Navteq maps for the 140BH so the maps may be better.

Instead of fixing their voice recognition software, they got rid of it, so you would be losing all funcitonality for navigation.

Thats not necessarily true. They did the same thing with the X930 upgrade. Anyone that upgraded their 920s to the 930 software got to keep their VR. We wont know for sure until the upgrade is released.

AVIC-F40BT disable pause after FM trafic news .

How to reproduce :

1) listen music from SD card

2) press pause and switch to GPS map

3) wait untill you receive FM trafic news

4) after news finished AVIC suddenly disable pause and start to play music from SD card.

Anybody know how to solve it ?

AVIC-F40BT disable pause after FM trafic news .

How to reproduce :

1) listen music from SD card

2) press pause and switch to GPS map

3) wait untill you receive FM trafic news

4) after news finished AVIC suddenly disable pause and start to play music from SD card.

Anybody know how to solve it ?

Is that the same model?

Had issues with my Z140 intermittently not powering up when I started the car when it was about 4 months old. My shop swapped it out. My replacement unit has crashed once, where it rebooted after playing music for about 10 seconds. Also it keeps forming a VR database every time I get in the car which my old one never did.

• 1 month later...