AVIC411.com

AVIC Z140BH: Report your bugs here.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just hold down the home button if you want to turn the screen off.

Although #2 does sound like a legitimate bug, I can't investigate because I'm bypassed.

#3: I haven't seen anyone else have this issue.

Holding down Home does absolutely nothing on my unit. I'm not bypassed (yet).

And having a D3 unit for many years, I can assure you that I never had to press the Navi warning until I actually went to the Navi screen.

Which, since it makes absolutely no f'ing sense whatsoever, is a BUG.

Dude! If they wrote it into the system on purpose to work that way its not a bug. Its by design and we have bitched louder then you about for at least 3 plus years so its not going to change. It doesn't have to make sense to be by design. It sucks but unfortunately thats the way it is. And if it does change because of popular demand, you wont see the change until the next unit is released.

I'm still not clear as to why it is necessary to click through the Navigation warning when going to the Home screen.

Please, gents, I don't want this thread to turn into a battle amongst ourselves. That is most certainly not my intent. If my language reads confrontational, please imagine it as being directed at the programmers, and not you.

I'll try to keep my tone a bit more civil, but my frustration with this is going to continue.

By design or not, this is still a stupid way to program the unit. I should only be forced to read the nanny screen when going to the Navi screen, end of story. Perhaps we don't call it a bug then. Let's just call it programmed stupidity and be done with it.

... I should only be forced to read the nanny screen when going to the Navi screen, end of story. Perhaps we don't call it a bug then. Let's just call it programmed stupidity and be done with it.

I don't mind the screen so much as the long delay I sometimes get - a blank screen for several seconds - then the Text screen, then the button which is grayed out (inactive) for a few seconds. Finally it turns blue - and I often have to press it a few times before it takes. All this while I'm tryin to drive and shift. Jeez.

I'm still not clear as to why it is necessary to click through the Navigation warning when going to the Home screen.

Gooder you don't have to understand it. It works that way because thats the way Pioneer decided it would work. And thats not the only example that will leave one's head scratching with these units. This kind of buffoonery is nothing new with them. I use to be you on this forum about 4-5 years ago so I know how you feel. There is one jack ass that works or worked there that I tried to have some issues addressed with that had me wanting to get my hands around his throat. You just have to get to a place with them that, if you are going to own their units, you have to learn to accept a certain amount of buffoonery while enjoying the good features and benefits that do make sense. Either that or move on to something much better as I have done. But at this point it does appear you are getting yourself a little to worked up and should take a deep breath. I don't think anyone on this forum thinks your screaming at us as opposed to just screaming out loud but you shouldn't let yourself get so worked up over a head unit. Check out the following vids as a little therapeutic time out.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34165-honda-civic-ipad-install-20/

By design or not, this is still a stupid way to program the unit. I should only be forced to read the nanny screen when going to the Navi screen, end of story. Perhaps we don't call it a bug then. Let's just call it programmed stupidity and be done with it.

I agree, but Pioneer is never going to. Also, I think "programmed stupidity" is my new favorite quote on here.

I can not get the radio station info to display on my 140 either. We do not have HD radio in Canada but the old Bose HU showed the station and song info, I would have thought this new would have done that too. At the very least is there a way to program the name of the station manually. So far not too impressed with this HU.

I can not get the radio station info to display on my 140 either. We do not have HD radio in Canada but the old Bose HU showed the station and song info, I would have thought this new would have done that too. At the very least is there a way to program the name of the station manually. So far not too impressed with this HU.

It should show basic station name/song name under the frequency. It won't show the names on the preset screen, however.

It should show basic station name/song name under the frequency. It won't show the names on the preset screen, however.

I haven't had any luck with that either. I have stations coming in full reception and nothing. Is there a way to turn the station info on and off? Also the reception can't be the issue as I get all the traffic updates. I changed my antenna hook up and still nothing. Can someone post a screen shot of their Z140 showing the station and song info? I really don't understand why its not working, my 10 year pioneer HU had it.