AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

For the convinience of IOS 5.1.1 users, I've uploaded a zip file with the latest AppRadio Extension supporting IOS 5.1.1 and unsupported app touchscreen functionality directly on the AppRadio  (appradioextensions_2.0.1-1.deb) and the AppRadio app compatible with that release (AppRadio-v1.8.2.ipa) ... Just to help people not reading 70 pages with over a 1000 posts like I did, to figure out how to make it work :shock:  The current build of the AppRadio Extension found in Cydia or the file found in the first post in this thread, wont work or install properly on 5.1.1... The link:

http://www.filedropper.com/appradioextfor511

Install the .ipa file using iFunBox via PC, install the .deb file by copying the file to 'var\mobile\Documents' (Using iFunBox) and install the .deb within the iPhone using the iFile applikation found in Cydia.

Hope this helps ... I had to restart my iPod after having installed AppRadio and Appradio Extension to get it to work...

Best regards,

Vic

Hi Vic, I wasn't able to get it works without your tips.thanks for sharing.

Not forgetting Mike, thanks for the great work! Just want to let you know that I bought my pioneer head unit because of your great work on AppEx. The default pioneer app radio apps are sucks. I'm so happy to be able to launch any iphone app and display on my pioneer. I'm gonna show it to all my friends ^.^

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Vic, I wasn't able to get it works without your tips.thanks for sharing.

Not forgetting Mike, thanks for the great work! Just want to let you know that I bought my pioneer head unit because of your great work on AppEx. The default pioneer app radio apps are sucks. I'm so happy to be able to launch any iphone app and display on my pioneer. I'm gonna show it to all my friends ^.^

Happy to help ... It really took a lot of time and experimenting with versions to figure it out, just thought I'd help out people not having to read the massive aomut of posts, find out which version to download and from where :)

And yes, thanks Mike for putting some effort into App Extension :)

So I have Appradio Extensions running on my IPod Touch 4 with 6.1.3 using Redsnow (I did not know to not update my IOS until it was too late never having jailbroken before) and followed the latest advice on this page - thanks. Maybe this has been noted before but I had to install an app to remove the slide to lock otherwise Appradio would not start until I unlocked the IPod but now it works as I wanted, not requiring me to authorize Appradio on the IPod.

That aside, the only annoying thing is if I want to exit Rdio, it will not go back to the main Appradio Menu screen unless I exit Rdio on the iPod itself. I recall this being flagged on Avic411 and/or the Rdio site somewhere -anyone have this problem or

a solution as it is now the only reason I have to interact with the IPod which is otherwise in my glovebox.

Thanks.

Hi, I've seen videos of angry birds etc running smooth with AppRadio control however I'm using appradio v.1.8.2 with appradio extensions 2.0.1-1 on IOS 5.1.1 on a 4G iPod/AppRadio 1 and whilst typing an address in navigon is bearable although slowish, angry birds or anything needing 'fast' response graphics wise or touchscreen to be somewhat responsive, is unusable/laggy... The ordinary supported apps runs just fine.. Is it the 'old' AppRadio causing it or do I have some version conflicting or what? I've also made sure there's nothing else running in the background except of course for the AppRadio application...

My understanding was that there would be no jailbreak for 6.1.3

Well yes and no ... According to sources on the web a completely untethered jailbreak is not possible, you need your idevice connected with Redsn0w running to get it to boot every time the idevice has been shutdown, meanwhile though for all intends and purposes it should act as if jailbroken ... Just not very smart if you reboot your phone in the car and can't get into IOS because you need a computer with Redsn0w.,... I haven't tried this semi untethered jailbreak though so trying redsn0w on a 6.1.3 is on your entirely own risk :) I wouldn't try it myself, sticking with 5.1.1.

So you don't have a jailbroken 6.1.3?

Nope, S.A.M seems to have, however you asked if it's possible to jailbreak 6.1.3, I answered 'Yes - however it must be a semi untethered or tethered solution as that is the only solution for 6.1.3 at this time' ;-) Was in here to ask my question above, regarding slow screen refresh/touch input on a 5.1.1 iPod 4 with 2.0.1-1 AppExt and 1.8.2 AppRadio app, just thought I would answer your question .... But as I stated above, i do not want a tethered or semi-untethered jailbreak thus I haven't updated to 6.1.3 on any of my idevices...

Nope, S.A.M seems to have, however you asked if it's possible to jailbreak 6.1.3, I answered 'Yes - however it must be a semi untethered or tethered solution as that is the only solution for 6.1.3 at this time' ;-) Was in here to ask my question above, regarding slow screen refresh/touch input on a 5.1.1 iPod 4 with 2.0.1-1 AppExt and 1.8.2 AppRadio app, just thought I would answer your question .... But as I stated above, i do not want a tethered or semi-untethered jailbreak thus I haven't updated to 6.1.3 on any of my idevices...

Correct - as my post said, I am running Redsnow( which is semi-untethered because my Ipod Touch was upgraded to 6.1.3 before I even considered the whole Jailbreak thing meaning I was screwed other than running semi-tethered but I should not have to re-boot very often if it stays charged) - so far so good.

Any comments about the Rdio issue?

Correct - as my post said, I am running Redsnow( which is semi-untethered because my Ipod Touch was upgraded to 6.1.3 before I even considered the whole Jailbreak thing meaning I was screwed other than running semi-tethered but I should not have to re-boot very often if it stays charged) - so far so good.

Any comments about the Rdio issue?

Well I don't use Rdio so I haven't experienced that particular issue ... I too use an iPod permanently attached, left in the glovecompartment. I use Activator to ensure the AppRadio app is started as soon as power is connected and device locks when power is no longer recieved to ensure there's battery left next morning, that way I never have to interact with the iPod directly.. Maybe you could work some magic with Activator?

Well I don't use Rdio so I haven't experienced that particular issue ... I too use an iPod permanently attached, left in the glovecompartment. I use Activator to ensure the AppRadio app is started as soon as power is connected and device locks when power is no longer recieved to ensure there's battery left next morning, that way I never have to interact with the iPod directly.. Maybe you could work some magic with Activator?

Thanks - new stuff to learn every day!

Rdio has never worked with the iPhone 5, well at least it doesn't fill the screen. Their support wrote that they have no plans to update it to support iPhone 5 with App Radio.
Bummer, I'm a long term subscriber but I'm reconsidering renewal. Why can't all apps be as integrated as Pandora?

• RonS locked this topic