AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

So i get a red x with a finger when i try to use my iphone 5. i am using the newest appradio beta extensions, am i to understand that control of the apps is not supported? also how to i get them to not display so small, ive installed everything several times.

The iPhone 5 isn't supported yet. I'm working on getting that fixed though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the convinience of IOS 5.1.1 users, I've uploaded a zip file with the latest AppRadio Extension supporting IOS 5.1.1 and unsupported app touchscreen functionality directly on the AppRadio  (appradioextensions_2.0.1-1.deb) and the AppRadio app compatible with that release (AppRadio-v1.8.2.ipa) ... Just to help people not reading 70 pages with over a 1000 posts like I did, to figure out how to make it work :shock:  The current build of the AppRadio Extension found in Cydia or the file found in the first post in this thread, wont work or install properly on 5.1.1... The link:

http://www.filedropper.com/appradioextfor511

Install the .ipa file using iFunBox via PC, install the .deb file by copying the file to 'var\mobile\Documents' (Using iFunBox) and install the .deb within the iPhone using the iFile applikation found in Cydia.

Hope this helps ... I had to restart my iPod after having installed AppRadio and Appradio Extension to get it to work...

Best regards,

Vic

would be fine if mike could post the working configuration in post 1

Great work Mike!!

I wanted to know if it will work to download the file in safari with safari downloader then open with Ifile? I didn't get the hang of downloading to pc then Email attachment to phone then open in ifile like I seen a guy on youtube say to do

It seemed to work and didn't put phone in safe mode like downloading from cydia

Except I have a Iphone 5 and just read its not supported yet, at lest I know why it didn't work now

I'm waiting for update now. Thx keep up the good work

So i get a red x with a finger when i try to use my iphone 5. i am using the newest appradio beta extensions, am i to understand that control of the apps is not supported? also how to i get them to not display so small, ive installed everything several times.

I think someone mentioned to use cydia tweak for TV out or display out, Whats the name of the app?

Mike, I really want to thank you for AppEx. Your dedication to the project when so many other developers would have given up. Your continued support of AppEx for those of us that use it is really remarkable. Thank you!

I've been using AppEx since I installed my AVH-X5500BHS in February. Every beta has made functionality better on my iPhone 4 (used as iPod / AppRadio while tethered to my iPhone 5's data connection via WiFi).

Here's an update for someone not on an AppRadio. My setup: AppEx 2.1.0_Beta8.deb from MikeDecaro.com/repo, iPhone 4 (6.1) running latest AppRadio 2.2.0 & AVH-X5500BHS.

I backed up the previous version of AppRadio with iExplorer in case the latest update was flawed. AppRadio 2.2.0 didn't break anything with AppEx (that I've been able to tell). If anything it feels more responsive and more forgiving if I exit apps and go back in. Sometimes it required me to end the AppRadio task and restart it.

Only problems are the ones that are already known. No touch support for unsupported apps. Netflix is great once you pick your movie from the iPhone. YouTube app doesn't rotate to landscape view. The only standout app I've used on the AppRadio is Waze. It's blown me away with how well it works. Some people couldn't get their music to play while using the navigation app. The key is to start your music with desired playlist or album / song shuffle and then go into AppRadio. From there you can control volume and track advance. On my car (with steering wheel controls) I can even control the mode of play (Pandora, iPod, Digital Radio and Bluetooth).

appex.jpg

Last thing, the "Buy Now" button went live on PioneerElectronics.com for the iPhone 5 CD-IV202AV cable kit. If anyone gets it, please report back :)

Update: Image of music controls from within AppRadio apps like Waze. Sorry if this is known to everyone but I just found out I could do it by accident after reading a lot of reviews in the App Store from people who ever having problems playing music and running AppRadio apps :)

waze_music.jpg

Woah... How do you get the music controls like you have shown there?!

Woah... How do you get the music controls like you have shown there?!

When I plug in my JB iPhone 4 (wifi tether to iPhone 5 for its data connection) it starts playing my iPod through the unit. Before running AppRadio, I pick the playlist I want to hear or song / album shuffle and then I load AppRadio from the "Mode" button on my X5500BHS. It will pause the music briefly and then continue it once I get past a few "OK" and "ACCEPT / IGNORE" prompts. With the music playing I hit (in my case, the "Waze" button from within AppRadio.

From there I can then control the volume and track advance / seek, back / rewind as well as source selection and mute.

Hmmm, I'll have to experiment a bit then but that sounds fantastic.  If I understand correctly, you can be in App Mode lookin at Waze, but then change SiriusXM or FM radio tracks without leaving Waze?

For some reason my iPhone 5 doesn't seem to work like that with my X8500BHS.

Also, you're idea of leaving an iPhone 4 inside the car has me really intruigied.  I might try the same setup (with tethering to my iPhone 5 for data, etc)

Can you give me any other information about your setup?  Do you use the iPhone 4 for navigation?  (Google Maps?)

Does your iPhone 5 still connect (using Bluetooth) to the stereo while the iPhone 4 is connected for App Radio mode?

Hmmm, I'll have to experiment a bit then but that sounds fantastic. If I understand correctly, you can be in App Mode lookin at Waze, but then change SiriusXM or FM radio tracks without leaving Waze?

For some reason my iPhone 5 doesn't seem to work like that with my X8500BHS.

Also, you're idea of leaving an iPhone 4 inside the car has me really intruigied. I might try the same setup (with tethering to my iPhone 5 for data, etc)

Can you give me any other information about your setup? Do you use the iPhone 4 for navigation? (Google Maps?)

Does your iPhone 5 still connect (using Bluetooth) to the stereo while the iPhone 4 is connected for App Radio mode?

I have the X8500BHS/Iphone 5 too and works fine for me. But not the same with all sources.

Pandora - volume controls OK, no track switching

Bluetooth - no controls or audio at all

HD radio - can control both

Sirius XM - can control both

Sometimes if I have Sirius or pandora playing and then I play music from an app like iheartauto, I have playing at the same time and have to stop one of them.

You can switch audio sources while in an app by just hitting the source button. You'll see that overlay at the bottom.

Mike, will we ever see full iphone 5 support including touch inputs on appradio?

iPhone 5 support: Yes. I'm going to add proper support for other TV out solutions so the AppRadio app can just act as a launcher. Not sure why AppEx can't mirror properly.

Including touch: Not sure. Depends on what happens with Backgrounder or accessing the Pioneer API.

i´m thinking abour upgrading my ipod 4g from ios 5 to ios 6.x. which version of appradio extensions, appradio app do i need to get everything working?

Currently, if you upgrade to IOS 6.x you will have no touch support for unsupported apps on your radio.

In short, you can not upgrade and get "everything working.

I received my AppRadio 2 last night, and since I had already upgraded to IOS 6.1.2 with the Jailbreak

I added http://mikedecaro.com/repo/  to my Cydia sources and installed Appradio Extensions version 2.0.1-42 in Cydia.

I also installed the Pioneer Appradio App version 2.2.0

This setup, as far as I know, (after reading this entire thread) gives me all of the functionality currently available

in IOS 6.x

Other members are welcome to correct me if this is inaccurate. :rolleyes:

As an additional note, My AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) is running Firmware version 8.17

• RonS locked this topic