AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Success! The video backgrounding feature of Music Controls Pro 6+ works great with AppEx. Just tested it and confirmed touch works on iOS 6.

I still have a bit of work to do before I can release an update. I want to try to figure out what the Music Controls app is doing and add the code directly into AppEx. That way we don't have to rely on any secondary apps to keep working and it would make AppEx much more future proof.

Stay tuned!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success! The video backgrounding feature of Music Controls Pro 6+ works great with AppEx. Just tested it and confirmed touch works on iOS 6.

I still have a bit of work to do before I can release an update. I want to try to figure out what the Music Controls app is doing and add the code directly into AppEx. That way we don't have to rely on any secondary apps to keep working and it would make AppEx much more future proof.

Stay tuned!

Mike this is GREAT news :) we are all waiting excited for the release :)

keep up the great work Mike ;)

Stay tuned!

Ahhh! This is the news we've been waiting to hear!!!  :mrgreen:

Stay tuned!

Mike,

Will this development allow me to, for instance, run Waze and Music on my iPod with the iPod locked / screen off and still control via touch on my Pioneer screen?

Stay tuned!

:)  thumbs up

I've been following this thread for a while. Like an idiot I updated my iPhone 4S to 6.1.3, so I'm waiting for a jailbreak before I can take advantage of mike's awesome work, or buy a used jailbroken phone.

Quick question. Can anyone confirm if I'll be able to have full iPhone control on a Pioneer AVIC z140BH? I really hope I'll be able to use this once I can jailbreak my iPhone.

edit: If i purchase a jailbroken 4s running 6.1.2, what other items do I need to run this beyond what's in the original thread? is it just the regular pioneer iphone wire? any other apps? please let me know a how-to-run for dummies. Thanks!

p.s. I'll be donating for this excellent job you've done mike!

For the convinience of IOS 5.1.1 users, I've uploaded a zip file with the latest AppRadio Extension supporting IOS 5.1.1 and unsupported app touchscreen functionality directly on the AppRadio  (appradioextensions_2.0.1-1.deb) and the AppRadio app compatible with that release (AppRadio-v1.8.2.ipa) ... Just to help people not reading 70 pages with over a 1000 posts like I did, to figure out how to make it work :shock:  The current build of the AppRadio Extension found in Cydia or the file found in the first post in this thread, wont work or install properly on 5.1.1... The link:

http://www.filedropper.com/appradioextfor511

Install the .ipa file using iFunBox via PC, install the .deb file by copying the file to 'var\mobile\Documents' (Using iFunBox) and install the .deb within the iPhone using the iFile applikation found in Cydia.

Hope this helps ... I had to restart my iPod after having installed AppRadio and Appradio Extension to get it to work...

Best regards,

Vic

Would you mind re-uploading it? Can't seem to find a site that has old versions.

• RonS locked this topic