AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i was happy to donate lol

but ive put the update and i have iphone 4 s with 6.1.2 and avh8500 radio

i was happy i could touch the screen with google map and then the screen when dark .....

and when i try to do anything else all the other app do the same it turn to a dark screen after 30 sec 1 min

oh and before i could just turn on foxtube and watch it without starting appradio

now i dont get anything .....

hope there a patch soon will make and excuse to donate again

Hi, I see that there is no display-out functionality, is that something we can expect through updates? Also, does this mean that you currently cannot put Netflix on you app-radio device?

Netflix works fine for me... Just as it should. I get controls, browsing, scrubber, etc. on the phone, and video only on the deck.

Awsome, Mike! A few questions: I was just in the car giving it a 10 minute trial and there was an incomming call. It never routed to the DA100 so I had to unplug and pick up the iPhone (5). Anything you know of? Maybe just a onetime bug :)

How do I get back to the Appradio menu? As you say, tapping outside the display crashes the runnning app, thats ofc one way :) Tapping hom ebutton on the radio gets me to the main menu, from there clicking "Appradio" throws me back into the currently running app, not the Appradio menu...?

Added Spotify, I tried it and it landscapes the app making it very difficult to operate since it has no native support for landscape mode, making the app all screwed up.

My question is: Will AppradioExt rotate everything, or is this because I have a Cydia tweak called "UIRotation" that I probably should remove?

If AppradioExt rotates everything, can a setting for choosing wich apps not to rotate be added?

I've never tried this before, just got the DA100 and iPhone 5 so I don't have any experience "from before", so this is all new to me.

Best regards and thank you so much for your awsome work!

I had the same issue with the radio not routing the phone call. For some reason even though the phone is paired via Bluetooth for app mode, it was not for phone calls

That video explains something to me. I didn't realize that its supposed to take you back to the menu when you touch outside the window of an App.
Mike, I think that there may only be a screen calibration issue with Appradio Extensions and the iphone 5. This would explain why I wasn't able to log an actual error (as there is none).

How difficult is it to get the calibration to work for the iPhone 5?

The attached video shows what I am experiencing:

How difficult is it to get the calibration to work for the iPhone 5?

Video's are a big help since I don't have an iPhone 5. Is there any pattern to the messed up calibration? Does it get worse when you go further left or right? Is it the same shift everywhere you press?

It's not available in the iOS 6 beta (for now).

Mike i have the home screen on my setup and it gets rotated to fit the whole screen of the app radio.  If i launch apps for appradio OS they crash after 30 sec. But if launch the springboard and then launch apps from there I works fine.  When I turn off the car and then turn it back on it goes directly to the springboard how I had it set up before, touch input works still (I can see it on my phone when i touch something on the appradio) but the video is not being mirrored.  Its just a pic of the springboard. (but it does have touch) Closing the springboard with the black bars and relaunching springboard works for me.  I will post a video shortly

iphone 4s iOS 6.1.1 appradio 2 8.17 newest appradio app

For information:

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Tried the Info.plist trick, no luck. Apps still close after 30s, but will keep open as long as I am using the screen. A few seconds after I stop, I get the black screen of death.

Also, unsupported apps that do not keep the screen on, like Google Maps, fades out after the iPhone locks. Any workaround to this, other than setting the iPhone to not lock?

Thanks.

• RonS locked this topic