AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Mike, nice update!

What a huge difference the screen calibration made!

Messages, at least on my iPhone 5, works fine and landscapes, but not Mail? Only checked those two native apps while driving, will check more during lunch here.

I hope the scrolling sensitivity can be adjusted with some clever algorithm, it feels a bit weird swiping the finger 2 inches on the radio and getting a tiny little scroll as a result. Maybe because the phone have a much higher pixel density; scrolling the app radio display generating maybe much less actual pixels to move finger across.

I also found another phenomenon: "iOS overlay buttons" and gestures will not register. For example in Safari, getting in and out of full screen. Its not a fixed button, its a floating transparent button. The click on the radio will not register on the phone, even tho the click is valid on that coordinate. The same of course if trying to swipe down the notification center. I'm sure Mike is aware of this.

Posted beta 10, a minor update for the iPhone 5. Scaling and calibration should be a bit better but its still not perfect yet.

You absolute hero mike, works perfectly for me, finally, touch control for my apps! :) As far as the calibration goes, I think you still have to press a little to the right of where you need to press, but it's almost perfect!

The unsupported apps crashes only after 30 seconds of inactivity instead of 20 seconds after starting an unsupported app.
As long as I'm going to keep tapping the screen, the app still running with touch support.
The calibration of the screen is now well (iPhone 5) it's almost perfect!

Guys use SBRotator to rotate safari and other apps the app twist around for a bit but switches a lot of app to landscape.  Also I get the iphone home screen rotated like an iPad.  I have to launch messages, or another app the rotates landscape and close it to have the home screen like an ipad but it does work. I launch all apps from this and when I close the apps with the black bars it goes directly back to the home screen

Hi mike, 

Just thought I would share something I came across this afternoon and didn't know if it would be of any use to you.

Its called Mimics X2. Apparently its another way to externally control an ios device via a touch screen. Got to admit, I don't really understand if you need extra hardware etc but I thought it might be worth looking into to see if it will assist appex

Hi mike, 

Just thought I would share something I came across this afternoon and didn't know if it would be of any use to you.

Its called Mimics X2. Apparently its another way to externally control an ios device via a touch screen. Got to admit, I don't really understand if you need extra hardware etc but I thought it might be worth looking into to see if it will assist appex

Mimics was discussed here a while ago. I think we found out to install it you need to mod your head unit. From what I've seen, it works really well. It's just a hardware mod vs software mod trade off.

Mimics was discussed here a while ago. I think we found out to install it you need to mod your head unit. From what I've seen, it works really well. It's just a hardware mod vs software mod trade off.

Yep you are totally right, I was able to download the driver from cydia but it doesn't do anything without the hardware which looks to cost a fortune. Think its best to keep plugging away with what we've got with appex lol

• RonS locked this topic