AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Does the screen size issue happen all of the time? only when using unsupported apps?

I've got the same problem, i discybed it a vew posts ago...

With the last beta I had the problem only with unsupported apps but with the new beta I had it with waze...

so it happens with all apps...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

I haven't been keeping up with the forum lately but I remember unsupported apps stopped working in iOS 6 as Backgrounder is ios5 only. I just found a replacement for Backgrounder in Cydia called Background manager (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17314781). It works beautifully. Maybe that would allow us to run any app on AppRadio screen with touch enabled, just like it was in ios5? Hope this helps you, thanks for you great amazing work!

So it looks like there is a new Backgrounder app in Cydia called Backgrounder Manager. Time to test it out with the app radio!!! Hopefully Mike can use this for his extension! I've been playing with it for a little bit and it seems to work ok... sometimes I have to reconnect my cord for it to display on the app radio though.. Will do more testing tomorrow

I was hoping this backgrounder would resolve my issue with appradio crashing after 20 seconds of not touching the radio for unsupported apps. Unfortunately it did not. It was buggy for me. When appradio was enabled I had trouble getting the headunit into appradio mode.

Yes, main issues at the moment are crashing after 30 seconds for a handful of users (mine has been fine), landscape lock not working for some unsupported apps, and calibration for iPhone 5's isn't quite perfect yet. Other than that its all working with touch support perfectly :)

Yes, main issues at the moment are crashing after 30 seconds for a handful of users (mine has been fine), landscape lock not working for some unsupported apps, and calibration for iPhone 5's isn't quite perfect yet. Other than that its all working with touch support perfectly :)

That is not quite true iPhone 4 has a major lag problem, large apps will not open just hang and then return to the springboard but small things like calculator work fine - at least on my set-up.

Does the screen size issue happen all of the time? only when using unsupported apps?

In beta 10, I had no screen resizing issue, in 11, it was always the small screen with the triangles in the corner and in 12, it is intermittent (sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller). And yes, it is only in unsupported apps (iphone 5 btw). I am also still getting the landscape lock issue where apps stay in landscape even when unplugged

Works good but sometimes the screen is smaller with the triangles on the side. Makes the the keyboard calibration off for me. Also music widget app used to work now it crashes the phone only when connect to app radio. Anybody know how to put a Siri icon on their home screen.

4s 6.1.2 app radio 2 fw 8.17 app 2.3.0 beta 12

Beta 10 had no screen resizing issues. I use sbrotator to rotate spring board and apps works well but when springboard launches the phone rotates (activator when plugged in) but on the app radio it's rotated but vertical. I have to launch the music app to rotate the springboard to landscape.

same behaviour for me. (resizing issue).the screen is scaled down a bit on some app.

4s  6.1.2

sphda-02 4.16

app 2.3.0

beta 12

Same issue here as well. If I touch the black bars to go back to the AppRadio Apps screen then relaunch the unsupported app, that sometimes fixes it, but I get the little triangles & the slightly resized screen *A LOT.*

beta 10 was last best configuration for me.

4s 6.1.2

sph-da02 4.16

app 2.2.0

there was no resizing issue and the touch calibration was perfect.

after updating to app 2.3.0, and obviously beta 12 (thanks again mike), the touch calibration is lost.

going back to 2.2.0, beta 10, touch calibration is lost, too! :(

i think the uninstalling process in cydia left some system file 'in'....

i reinstalled beta 10 with ifile.

anybody experienced the same?

I have an iPhone 4s with appex beta 11. I have experienced the slightly resized screen with triangles a few times. It has only ever been on unsupported apps, but not all the time. I use Navigon frequently and sometimes it is slightly smaller with triangles on the sides and sometimes it is normal sized with black bars on the sides. I don't know exactly what I did to fix it, but I think it was either closing Navigon on the phone and reopening it or maybe I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. It might have to do with whether the unsupported app was already running on the phone in the background when the phone is plugged into the radio. I'll try to be more conscious of what I do to resolve it the next time it happens, or even purposely try to see if I can recreate the issue.

I was hoping this backgrounder would resolve my issue with appradio crashing after 20 seconds of not touching the radio for unsupported apps. Unfortunately it did not. It was buggy for me. When appradio was enabled I had trouble getting the headunit into appradio mode.

After upgrading Background Manager to 0.9-9 (and also 0.9-10) the 20 second crash issue is gone! Unsupported apps now stay active with touch support.

One issue I'm having (didnt recall anyone else mention this) is that when I play a video, it plays correctly in landscape mode but when the video finishes and goes back to video list, it's now portrait and the video list is small and embedding inside the video player. Hard to describe but I can post a picture when I have time. When this happens I just need to exit and reopen appradio. So no big deal. Just wondering if anyone has this problem.

Some apps like Safari do not go to landscape mode for me automatically. Others do fine like espn. If anyone has this problem, try using UI Rotation for Activator. Works great and you can manually rotate the app to landscape using Activator methods. I rotate by double tapping status bar. This works great because you can do this on the phone and also on the headunit.

• RonS locked this topic